Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Blake350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have had video footage of APS ST vs TN....But my neighboor blew his TN kit in less then a week. I wanna see APS ST vs APS TT....Knock Knock Aaron.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:07 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be more than happy to race you Zivman and show you that the TN kits are stronger than you think!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:50 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Blake350z
I would have had video footage of APS ST vs TN....But my neighboor blew his TN kit in less then a week. I wanna see APS ST vs APS TT....Knock Knock Aaron.

how'd he do that?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by D350Z10
I will be more than happy to race you Zivman and show you that the TN kits are stronger than you think!!!
"Stronger than I think" is fine. Very subjective though, how do you know how 'strong' I think a TN setup is???

This totally doesn't need to be going in the direction it is. Flat out, APS twins will flow more, have less lag, which equates to a more powerful, faster car.

Originally Posted by chimmike
how'd he do that?

Step one:
installation of TN kit

Step two:
Drove the car

Step three:
call the tow truck

The car blew up, simple as that.

Last edited by Zivman; 07-18-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 PM
D350Z10

I disagree on you with faster, I make alot more top end power and who knows at higher gears. All I am saying is I would love to race a built APS and see the results.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:07 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Zivman
Step one:
installation of TN kit

Step two:
Drove the car

Step three:
call the tow truck

The car blew up, simple as that.
then he must suck at step one or step two. I did steps one and two without ever needing step three.

However, I guess not everyone can follow instructions very well.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:22 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree on you with faster, I make alot more top end power and who knows at higher gears. All I am saying is I would love to race a built APS and see the results.
Upgraded turbos don't count
Old 07-18-2006, 02:26 PM
chimmike

lol why? you've got 1 more than we do :P haha
Old 07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Zivman

you talking my car setup as is vs your car setup as is? or talking an out of box TN kit vs an APS TT kit out of box - both setup to their max potential?

If it is the first of the two, who gives a **** since it will most likely never happen. If it is the latter of the two, I can promise you TN will not be the one to put money on - unless you like betting on losers
Old 07-18-2006, 03:12 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chimmike
lol why? you've got 1 more than we do :P haha
Actually, it's the other way around. You've got one more than I currently do (sold mine)
Old 07-18-2006, 03:23 PM
k3silk

Originally Posted by Blake350z
I was thinking of TNGOBOM. HEHE
lol now that is funny but dont lie you damn well you were looking at the TN kit and if you say you were not thats a damn like everone did **** it was a hell of a deal and its still a nice set up. All of us that go FI know there is a risk annd being that there is not the most info on are motors like other motors that have been around, there is going to be some kabooms around all apart of the game. oh well thats my
Old 07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
k3silk

There all fast who the heck cares though really more then half of us are not racer's and prolly 98% dont bet for money or get paid to race. sSo im happy for anyone who get FI on there Z think about the rest of the Z guys that are NA with some bolt on's would die to be in are position. nuff said im out. happy boosting to all F.I
Old 07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by k3silk
lol now that is funny but dont lie you damn well you were looking at the TN kit and if you say you were not thats a damn like everone did **** it was a hell of a deal and its still a nice set up. All of us that go FI know there is a risk annd being that there is not the most info on are motors like other motors that have been around, there is going to be some kabooms around all apart of the game. oh well thats my
Blake's car is a testiment to the APS ST setup. He beats the **** out of the car on a daily basis. I didn't honestly expect it to last through a single oil change - ie make it to the tune. thousands of miles later and really the only problem has been the **** kinetix V+ not sealing and causing a boost leak.

As far as the TN kit goes, yes, it is relatively cheap, but I am a firm beleiver you get what you pay for. Don't want to make this out to be a TN bash, but I know of two company's products I won't buy for my Z.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Blake350z

I beat the shi* out of my car. I really dont see how its holding up.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:45 PM
chimmike

I've got over 10k hard miles on my TN kit. It's a daily driver. Sits in 100*+ traffic jams, gets romped on at the track, the dyno, the lowest humidity it's seen in the past 6 months has been 75%.

I just change the oil, and monitor the boost. Afr's never dip higher than 11.1:1 at full boost, and I'm actually wearing out my stock 03 clutch finally. It's been climbing up mountains at full boost in 6th gear (yeah, I'm ballsy like that) full of cargo and a passenger without even kicking the fans on.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:47 PM
chimmike

it is relatively cheap, but I am a firm beleiver you get what you pay for.

yeah? You paid all that extra for an exchange rate and shipping halfway across the world.....don't try to tell me it's THAT much better, they're pretty on par.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:39 PM
D350Z10

Dude if you are calling a Turbonetics kit a piece, I do believe more greddy kits have blown motors as appose to TN, and as for APS it is a great kit but no where near JWT if you want to rank them. Also if you want to compare max potential rate the turbonetics kit as a stage 3 with a t66 fuel system and ems.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:22 PM
georgec

the latter of the two, I can promise you TN will not be the one to put money on - unless you like betting on losers
Same weight cars, same stock engine spec, same tires and fuel octane...............the twins will absolutely hose the single TN over the 1/4...........................that's a no brainer.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:35 PM
tig488

nobody has flogged a stock motor more than me, remember i wired my wastegate shut and was running 18psi for a few months, hehe. watch it blow tomorrow. guess ive just been lucky.

lets not make this another aps vs tn thread please.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Zivman

Dude if you are calling a Turbonetics kit a piece, I do believe more greddy kits have blown motors as appose to TN, and as for APS it is a great kit but no where near JWT if you want to rank them. Also if you want to compare max potential rate the turbonetics kit as a stage 3 with a t66 fuel system and ems.

You want to talk kits, APS holds the crown. They offer every level of performance a person could want- ST, TT X-TT. They include EVERYTHING you need to run safe. The design and quality of the kit exceeds everything out there. No running exhaust piping milimeters from AC lines(just look at the recent threads with AC issues) where you are limited to the 3" dump by the space constraints. No old school FMU, no relying on overpressured stock injectors, no split second box, no relying on stock maf that over volts relatively easily, no reflash, etc, etc etc.

I personally consider the TN kit to be a small step above a pieced together Ebay setup. It is marketed well and seems to have good customer support behind it. Beyond that, I see too many issues and limitations with the kit that are inherent to the design that I don't see in other manufacturer's setups.

APS offers the entire package. No other setup offers the big pipes off the turbos like APS. No other company offers the exhaust choices APS does. No other company offers the plenums, strut bars, fuel systems, oil pan, etc that APS does.

For all you out there thinking I am just bashing on TN, it just isn't the case. If TN were the only show in town, I would probably be running one. That my friends is just not the reality of it.

You are all free to research and spend your hard earned money where you see fit. If that be a greddy, jwt, tn, or aps, so be it. All I ask is do the most research you can, don't be fooled by low advertised price, easy install, complete setup out of box claims. You will pay for it now, or pay more later.

and chin,
What did I pay extra for?? reliability, design, quality, and power. You price out a comparably equipped TT setup (JWT or Greddy) and they are all within a few hundred bucks of each other. The APS exhaust and test pipes are well within competive pricing. Look at their new fuel system. I have seen numerous threads and posts referring to it as a bargain.

Everyone's best to do a side by side comparison IN PERSON. See both kits first hand. See the quality of the components, go for a ride, and then make up your mind.

-- Happy boosting

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?