Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Bullitproof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wowsers!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:34 PM
taurran

You can't say this impartially because you get paid for selling APS kits (that's right folks, he gets paid for marketing them)... These kits also have the highest profit margins over any in the market so APS dealers make a killing on them.

Realize that in everything Zivman says, he's trying to sell you a kit and make a profit. So take it with a grain of salt.

Its funny you talk about the quality of their ST kit... Yes, I've seen them in person, and I've talked to several reputable tuners and shops (and ones on this forum) that seem to agree the APS ST is nowhere close to the same league (quality wise) as the TT kit. The last shop I talked to used the term "garage sale kit" and referred to APS dropping the ball with it.

If anyone with half a mind looks around, they will notice that many more customer service oriented shops are referring people to the turbonetics and turbonetics tuner kits.

Anyway, as I've said before, I could really care less which kit anyone buys. However, every time Zivman opens his mouth on the APS ST's superior quality I just have to knowing that he only wants your money and has no basis in truth.

Last edited by taurran; 07-18-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:50 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mean Zivman listed so pretty decent information which explains his hatred for TN, But I would love to show him My Turbonetics Setup and throw some sense into his point of view.

Hands down, Turbonetics customer support is the best.
To alot of people that is number 1, if there is a problem a soloution will be posted no later than a week or so. Great people and have been in the business for a LONG LONG time since borg warner and Garret back in the day.
Plus turbonetics bb turbos are very effiecent and excellent spool time. Plus for show purposes they look the best hands down.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
You can't say this impartially because you get paid for selling APS kits (that's right folks, he gets paid for marketing them)... These kits also have the highest profit margins over any in the market so APS dealers make a killing on them.

Realize that in everything Zivman says, he's trying to sell you a kit and make a profit. So take it with a grain of salt.

Its funny you talk about the quality of their ST kit... Yes, I've seen them in person, and I've talked to several reputable tuners and shops (and ones on this forum) that seem to agree the APS ST is nowhere close to the same league (quality wise) as the TT kit. The last shop I talked to used the term "garage sale kit" and referred to APS dropping the ball with it.

If anyone with half a mind looks around, they will notice that many more customer service oriented shops are referring people to the turbonetics and turbonetics tuner kits.

Anyway, as I've said before, I could really care less which kit anyone buys. However, every time Zivman opens his mouth on the APS ST's superior quality I just have to knowing that he only wants your money and has no basis in truth.

You talk a big game and a lot of BS. I am not paid by APS, not making a profit, only spreading what I feel is good reliable info.

As far as customer service, I have had an overall good experience with GRD and APS. I am sorry this may not be the case for everyone. That said, I have read a thread or two about people complaining about the service they have received from TN. My point is, you will find people with good and bad experiences with every shop and/or manufacturer. Props to TN for providing you with good customer service.

Edit: and Taurran, after the drive in chris' car, you may have said if you had to do it over, you would be running APS???

Originally Posted by D350Z10
I mean Zivman listed so pretty decent information which explains his hatred for TN, But I would love to show him My Turbonetics Setup and throw some sense into his point of view.

Hands down, Turbonetics customer support is the best.
To alot of people that is number 1, if there is a problem a soloution will be posted no later than a week or so. Great people and have been in the business for a LONG LONG time since borg warner and Garret back in the day.
Plus turbonetics bb turbos are very effiecent and excellent spool time. Plus for show purposes they look the best hands down.
What is all this 'hatred' talk? Flat out, if TN was the only show in town it would be on my car. As far as an aftermarket kit goes, it is over all a relatively good kit in the broad scope of automobiles and FI setups. The thing that kills it is the fact that a better setup exists for this particular application.

D, I am sure you car puts down plenty of power, but you have to remember you are FAR from an out of box kit. Even the out of box TN has the capability to put down good power. I don't know what you mean by "throw some sense into [my] point of view"? I very well know the capabilites of said kits. Just an FYI, my car runs an out of box setup with only the actuators being upgraded - out of box fuel system, EMS and turbos

For me to say APS puts out a superior product is always taken as a bash to TN. Why can't it just be read that APS puts out a superior product?

Last edited by Zivman; 07-18-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Zivman

Old 07-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Zivman

and here is a shot of what other Z owners that buy other FI kits get to view:

Old 07-18-2006, 09:56 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Zivman
Edit: and Taurran, after the drive in chris' car, you may have said if you had to do it over, you would be running APS???

You're putting words in my mouth again.

I gave props to his setup, but not that I would go with it if I did it again. He spent about 4-5k more than I did, and we both have great running, albeit drastically different, cars. Besides, its no secret that I've always been a fan of the APS TT kit, just not of the smack talk that a lot of its owners (such as yourself) perpetuate.

Doing anything more cost intensive is out of the question, even in hindsight. I'm positive made the right choice for the money invested, as I was about to pull the trigger on a Vortech setup previous to the announcement of the ST kits. And of course, you know I'll beg to differ as your view of quality of the ST kits, but I believe both are quite capable in their own right.

About the previous point in the above thread - when referring to getting paid, you know I'm not talking about APS.

Last edited by taurran; 07-18-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:58 PM
taurran

I certainly hope so with your built motor. However, I think the story would be different if you raced most other built shortblock cars in these forums...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by taurran

About the previous point in the above thread - when referring to getting paid, you know I'm not talking about APS.
enlighten me then? If I am getting paid, someone is jacking those checks in the mail because they aren't making to my bank account.

If you are happy with your setup, great, hope you get many miles out of it
Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 AM
maximumsportZ

We'll see about that.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:30 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
We'll see about that.
he said other FI Kits.. so you must not be talking about your car
Old 07-19-2006, 06:04 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a broken down 350z waiting in a parking lot for a tow?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by phunk
a broken down 350z waiting in a parking lot for a tow?
Exactly
Old 07-19-2006, 07:59 AM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by doug
he said other FI Kits.. so you must not be talking about your car
So I showed props your dyno numbers and then mine, he gave me permission to offically call you slow poke now.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:25 AM
doug

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
So I showed props your dyno numbers and then mine, he gave me permission to offically call you slow poke now.
race me run what you brung.. race me and where the hell you see props anyway?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 AM
al_v

Zivman , please can you clear some space for PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:59 AM
doug

Originally Posted by al_v
Zivman , please can you clear some space for PM.
Zivman does not need your private messages, he can read your mind
Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 AM
al_v

Old 07-19-2006, 09:34 AM
BawlZTT

Like most in this forum, this is the most assenign statement I have ever heard. There is no quality difference between the kits, they are built with the exact same parts. The only difference is 1 turbo vs. 2 and no manifolds. Everything else is virtually the exact same.

Robert (has seen both TT and ST kits in person)
Old 07-19-2006, 10:35 AM
bigbri

LMFAO You guys need to chill I love any Z regardless no turbo 1turbo 2 turbos 4 turbos....there is always someone faster....and all the kits have their plus and minus.... Everyone take a hit of the greenery...

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen Zivman's new plates?