Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen stage 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:51 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
Hmm... thats good to know. Shortly after I reinstalled a stock sized belt I got some slip over 5000 rpms im assuming because the belt was broken in, stillen told me to anticipate that and so I just got back under the car, tightened it down and havent had anymore slip since. If I ever to get it again I may call stillen and ask for that spacer and then reinstall the idler pulley.

btw- any way to get a better belt than the gates k040220 for the actual blower.... seems like ive been tearing through a new one every 6-9k miles. Guy at one of the shops said its due to the pressure put on that belt in conjunction with the extreme heat under the hood from the blower.
thats the best belt you can get,btw do you guys know that stillen is devoloping a bigger blower.it will be out at the end of this year.they wont say yet but my guess it will be the m90 and will work with the stage 4 upgrades and a few changes.if it is the m90 that is some serious hp upgrade there.also sam said the same hood will still work,i cant wait.can you say 400rwhp and a lot more torque.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:18 PM
MMC Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown in nc
In the procharger world (FI C5), the gatorback belts are not good. I either get Gates or NAPA. They slip less and last the longest.

Good to hear nice things about Stillen. I'm looking for usable power the roots blower gives.
+1 Gates belts are much better than Gatorback
Old 07-16-2006, 07:25 PM
BlackSpec02

this is the first i've heard of that.... ^^

My gates belts always seem like every other belt and eventually just crack and need to be replaced. My gatorbacks havent cracked and they run quieter, I never get any squeal. They seem stronger too. Just about everyone I have talked to has told me that gatorbacks are the best until you guys. weird.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:59 PM
JAMBO

Default M-90 blower

Originally Posted by superchargedg
thats the best belt you can get,btw do you guys know that stillen is devoloping a bigger blower.it will be out at the end of this year.they wont say yet but my guess it will be the m90 and will work with the stage 4 upgrades and a few changes.if it is the m90 that is some serious hp upgrade there.also sam said the same hood will still work,i cant wait.can you say 400rwhp and a lot more torque.
I ordered an M-90 from Eaton a few weeks ago
Am going to do the upgrade myself
Some people have done the calculations and at the blowers max of 12 pounds it should expect to make 450+ or so RWHP correct me if i am wrong.
I dont think I am going to shoot for this much right away as a lot of turbo guys have been popping there motors with less on stock internals.
I got 440 cc injectors to avoid temptation and not 550's to keep my power levels down around 400 RWHP or less.
I got used SS box from a Vortec kit that a forum member sold me cheap around 200.00 to tune with.
The limiting issue is the small water to air intercooler. I am testing a
water injection setup ... I think it will work as its working real nice so far on my stage 3 pulley especially with the summmers here in socal. Also water sprayed directly on the FMIC/radiator would work well too I think.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:28 PM
BlackSpec02

why not swap in an intercooler from one of the turbo kits... we already know they fit down there... just gotta figure out a way to plumb it.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:47 AM
JAMBO

Default tHinK s0 ?

Prototyping an intercooler is EZ
But there is no room to move the SC anywhere !
So you would need to modify the hood with a huge mucle car type bulge to fit it.... a 6 inch Duffy hood
If it looks rice enough the cops wont think it looks too suspicious
Old 07-17-2006, 11:46 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by JAMBO
Prototyping an intercooler is EZ
But there is no room to move the SC anywhere !
So you would need to modify the hood with a huge mucle car type bulge to fit it.... a 6 inch Duffy hood
If it looks rice enough the cops wont think it looks too suspicious
Might work with the original stillen hood if you lower the motor with custom (shortend) solid motormounts......possibly.....