Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

first blew APS TWINTURBO IN UAE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paranormal
what?
+1
Old 04-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
Well with alot of the APS guys always reminding every one that the APS is the safest and most complete kit out there . You can expect it when others make a big deal about it . With the likes of Zivman and others always tell people it is the nth in TT kits and blowing a motor with the APS is slim.....your going to hear about it when they start blowing motors . It just seems fare that the APS lovers get back as much as they gave out .
You act like I sit and laugh at all the blown motors and send a "I told you so" PM to them if they didn't run an APS setup . APS can easily blow a motor. Are you hedging your bets buying an APS setup? ABSOLUTELY. There are no garauntees in this game. All one can do is buy the best kit and keep their fingers crossed.

This comment: "It just seems fare that the APS lovers get back as much as they gave out." is just BS. Read through westpak's post
Originally Posted by westpak
I think there should be a distinction between a kit blowing an engine and just general FI causing an engine to fail. Some kits out of the box have failed engines, this one went for a while and had mods and retunes so it then falls into general FI failures.

Second not all engines will be the same, there are manufacturing tolerances and also manufacturing defects possible where one engine will fail and another one wont given same kits and mods. Some even have blown in NA form as mentioned before.

Third a failure usually cannot be determined by the conditions at the time of the failure, a piston failure definetly happens over time and a rod more than likely as well, it will take the beating until it just says enough and fails. For a rod to fail instantaneously it would have to be such a force that it is hard to believe it would happen while running the car.

Only way to be sure is to build the engine with forged internals which are made for that. I just hit 40k miles total on stock block with 20k on FI and still running.
or this quote from the 'other board'
Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
Hit the nail on the head.Factory specs on rods and pistons are by no means made to take the tq that alot are running.Some hold some dont and all turbo kits blow motors.I didnt want my engine to pop but i always knew the risk was there.Good tuning helps for sure but not fullproof.Ive seen a 2JZ-GTE blow with 520 hp on what looked like a good tune.Seen same spec engine run 650 hp for 25k.

Always a crap shoot with big boost and be prepared to break sh*t.
The posts are out there about problems people are seeing with every kit. Be it APS, TN, or Greddy. What really gets me is on the relatively rare occasion we see a post about an APS motor letting go, it becomes a huge drama fest. this speaks a lot about the reliability of the kit. For someone to post
"It just seems fare that the APS lovers get back as much as they gave out." is again just forum BS.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:47 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not going to argue with you . I replied to your PM .

And for the hand full of guys that deserve....to get back as much as they gave out......I stand by my earier post

Again Im sorry to hear about any one that blows a motor...I know what it feels like......A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET !!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:53 PM
aalzuhair

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
ooh yesterday i went to a garage which installs/tune Skyline R34`s Supra`s 350Z`s, and i saw Turbonetics box there, it might be the first Turbonetics Z in Kuwait which i know about, i`ve asked the Installer his name is Koko, how long it will take to install it and how much the ST installation will cost, he told me the owner of the Z blew his motor, he told me i recommend you NOT to install any forced induction, because this motor can`t handle the boost, and he told me what do you hear in the Internet is something and reality is something :P

anyway why did he blew his Z ?

1- he didn't use any gauge believe it or not !!!!! he told the installer am gonna order one later. ( people normally use Boost,EGT,AF and still getting problems)
2- he ordered a upgraded Clutch, while they are discovering what is the cause of the blown motor, they saw the clutch DARK BLACK, even my black T-Shirt looks white compared to the damaged clutch, the installer said maybe he ****fted into lower gear by wrong, thats why the clutch is BLACKKKKK.
3- maybe he was getting over-boost or he installed a boost controller and pumped up the boost.

what i did learned from this installer that he is good but the problem is from the people, some people ditch everything and go racing, no racing isn't as much important as completing your project first, fun will begin with your completed project.

P.S. am not gonna change my mind am gonna Armor my car with cooling stuff, then installing the Turbo Kit with Gauges of course
Sorry to say but this sounds like complete BS, if you like to see a twin turbo Z in Kuwait making +500whp let me know and I can arrange it for you

Further, I would recommend that you stay away from that guy, the so called tuner, obviously he doesn’t know the difference between $hit and shampoo
Old 04-17-2006, 12:14 AM
blackend

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Sorry to say but this sounds like complete BS, if you like to see a twin turbo Z in Kuwait making +500whp let me know and I can arrange it for you

Further, I would recommend that you stay away from that guy, the so called tuner, obviously he doesn’t know the difference between $hit and shampoo
+1
Old 04-17-2006, 06:27 AM
NETSHARK

LOOOL thank you dude, the problem is that we dont have a good garage to trust all of them are BS but what should i do, install it myself ? i broke my bolts while installing MD Spacer do you want me to blew my engine with my install hehehe :P

N/P dude i`ll give you a call when i`m ready
Old 04-17-2006, 06:45 AM
aalzuhair

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
LOOOL thank you dude, the problem is that we dont have a good garage to trust all of them are BS but what should i do, install it myself ? i broke my bolts while installing MD Spacer do you want me to blew my engine with my install hehehe :P

N/P dude i`ll give you a call when i`m ready
If you want someone to install parts for you or do a tune, I can hook you up in Kuwait

Edit: Call this guy Ahmed +965-949-9822 I know him he does a good job (installing and tuning)

Last edited by aalzuhair; 04-17-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 AM
Three5oZee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, im not gonna have to agree on that one... i have heard the same from other people just through conversation. funny we could all be talking about the same people an it just keeps getting around and around.

but i have to say that if its not the person posting that their engine blew...or someone doing it for them because they dont have a site handle to login and state their claim. otherwise... it never happened i would say.

aside from all that... just to entertain the subject... aps has been brought up quite often lately. i have been wondering myself as to i almost purchased the single turbo set up.... why didnt they make a separate wastegate so that it could be upgraded?...
Old 04-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Three5oZee

aside from all that... just to entertain the subject... aps has been brought up quite often lately. i have been wondering myself as to i almost purchased the single turbo set up.... why didnt they make a separate wastegate so that it could be upgraded?...
separate wastegate? Just get an upgraded actuator if you want to run higher boost