Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

In Mourning

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006 | 03:10 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

you never been to jail??? This is the wrong place buddy, JP. Cars a Car, gets to point A too point B, and if thats how you look it at, get a stock engine put back in and toss everything, but if you are "hardcore" like most people on the FI forum, build that car, run that car, pwn3d all others cars, right?

i love my Z, and thank god i have been blessed with so much milage on a stock block (453@8.5psi), but Imo if i blew my motor right NOW, and i mean now, i would buy a cheap stocker and through it in. I saw you said you want reliable HP, i believe 450 is about the best for a 350z, you can still hook up (slightly) plus you can still race from a dig, and still its a high 11 second car.

Lots of people have built motor on here, some i talk too some i dont, but LIKE A NINJA i hear everything, and from what i have been told.......stay stock block as long as you can, and this is from a member that has had his motors built by professionals 3 times. The 600rwhp club, either has there motor pulled right now, trying to solve headlift, or are trying to figure out DD troubleshooting. I extend my hand to these people, they are true pioneers at this sport.

IMO a VQ is such a different motor when under FI, its still new IMO, and there are alot of things to come. 6 years ago i raced a 11second, that was suppsoed to be the fastest integra in texas, i blew up so many motor its not even funny.....6 years later, building a turbo honda for 10 sec. is nothing. 350z will also be like this in 2-5 years IMO
Old 04-25-2006 | 04:37 PM
calimarc

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
you never been to jail??? This is the wrong place buddy, JP. Cars a Car, gets to point A too point B, and if thats how you look it at, get a stock engine put back in and toss everything, but if you are "hardcore" like most people on the FI forum, build that car, run that car, pwn3d all others cars, right?

i love my Z, and thank god i have been blessed with so much milage on a stock block (453@8.5psi), but Imo if i blew my motor right NOW, and i mean now, i would buy a cheap stocker and through it in. I saw you said you want reliable HP, i believe 450 is about the best for a 350z, you can still hook up (slightly) plus you can still race from a dig, and still its a high 11 second car.

Lots of people have built motor on here, some i talk too some i dont, but LIKE A NINJA i hear everything, and from what i have been told.......stay stock block as long as you can, and this is from a member that has had his motors built by professionals 3 times. The 600rwhp club, either has there motor pulled right now, trying to solve headlift, or are trying to figure out DD troubleshooting. I extend my hand to these people, they are true pioneers at this sport.

IMO a VQ is such a different motor when under FI, its still new IMO, and there are alot of things to come. 6 years ago i raced a 11second, that was suppsoed to be the fastest integra in texas, i blew up so many motor its not even funny.....6 years later, building a turbo honda for 10 sec. is nothing. 350z will also be like this in 2-5 years IMO
Thank you hardcore ninja... how can this grass hopper ever show his gratitude?? You know I think your opinions might do better with the fast and furious crowd. This thread was posed to those who have faced what I am now facing...simply put...a decision after blowing a motor. I hope your car stays together.
If you are seriously asking if I ever been to jail...the answer is no. I am 35 and really don't plan to start going to jail now. Should I assume you've been to jail by your question?? If so, what for, please share? I have a profession where I can not afford any police contact in the form of any conviction (misdimeanor or felony). So yeah...maybe I should play on the track alone.
I am not the only one with the concerns I have mentioned. And if you have half a brain you should consider everything to make the right choice for youself. It's obvious we are in two different worlds...so spare me anymore of your advice and I tell you what...I'll withhold any advice for you!

Last edited by calimarc; 04-25-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2006 | 06:31 PM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by calimarc
As much as I loved and miss the car- it remains only a material item...and trust me I am far from rich.
You know other things have come up for me also that I need to consider. This car could have very easily took me to jail or worse ( hurt someone ). I am not a supersitious person but I do try and look at things from all angles. Cars are not my only interest lol...I like traveling and scuba diving
Very good points Marc. I've considered the same things before you posted them here. It's good to hear from someone with similar perspectives.
Old 04-25-2006 | 06:36 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by calimarc
Well folks I'm in a club I never wanted to be in....THE BLOWN ENGINE CLUB. It was my turn today. I got 6389 miles of some of the most kick azz fun in the world.

I started the "Blown Engine Club"..do you know the secret handshake?
Old 04-25-2006 | 06:48 PM
calimarc

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
I started the "Blown Engine Club"..do you know the secret handshake?
If you started it Todd then I guess your no longer a member! lol Your probably in the hall of fame as a twice inducted member....ouch