Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350Z VS Ferrari 360

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Navygolf13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like where this is going!!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MoodDude
Here is my 2 cents on how to beat any car with your Z.

Spend your money and learn how to drive it!!! You would be suprised at what the Z can do with a great driver behind the wheel. And those of you who think you can drive and have never been to a HPDE, you have a lot to learn. So take it to a HPDE event a few times and you will probably be able to hang with the Ferrari 430's. Since you will understand how to drive the right line, weight control of the car, slow in-fast out,...
Nicely said.

Driver Techniques and Car Control are everything.

Yet you still have to have a nice platform to start with or totally strip down light weight car on slicks that is slammed on the ground helps! LOL

M
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
TiPIACE

Originally Posted by TK2005
Not calling BS but I sell those kinds of cars and the Brabus K8 cars look like this under the hood

Actually, aside from the wheels, it look just like any other SL55.
pics taken before the Brabus engine mods and steeringwheel were done by our dealer Sharp performance

and for insurance and resale purposes, the plastic engine cover wasnt fitted - the cashed up used car buyers over here in this part of the market dont tend to like it when you engine mod a USD $260K car

lol nah no dealership mra, just the old man's private collection

Last edited by TiPIACE; 06-28-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 PM
DISCO_MONKEY

I am subscribed to this thread. I am rarely on this site since I am mostly on G35Driver.com but this is getting VERY interesting. I am going to head down to whichever track you guys choose just to witness this event in person.

I am particularly interested because I plan on taking my G35C to VRT for the JWT TT setup once I track my car 3 times.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by USED
That's actually a great idea. Maybe best motoring would be interested. Knowing best motoring, they would probably throw in a couple of other competitors also (Lambo/Porsche/GT-R/etc). This will be the only way to realize the outcome. The Z and the 360 should be on similar tires. Let me poke around and find someone to "donate" there modena.

In the mean time, post up your build sheet (all parts/labor/incidentals included) for the Z. This would be very informational to all. Then post up a spec sheet for the 360 and we could do a comparison.

One more thing, can you build this z and keep it road legal? If not, then we have to make some allowances in that regard for the 360. I know it's not a fair fight from the begining, but that is a key point. Would you agree?

Which track do you think would be good? Or which tracks? We need both tight/short and top speed.

To be honest, i would like to see a build sheet also. I was thinking of all parts you would need to make the z competitive. it just doesnt seem to me that 20,000 would be enough. i mean jwt tt plus labor is at least 8500. thats without exhaust, guages, tuning, etc. if you can do it for under 20 grand, good for you guys. but for the normal working class guy(or girl) that isn't sponsored and has to pay labor, i think 30 grand would be more realistic.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
MoodDude

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Nicely said.

Driver Techniques and Car Control are everything.

Yet you still have to have a nice platform to start with or totally strip down light weight car on slicks that is slammed on the ground helps! LOL

M
I bet you could take Michael Schumaker and put him in a Honda Civic and he would beat the pants off of a normal driver in a Ferrari 430 (of coarse on a road coarse).
I actually watched the Ferrari 430 challange and the Honda Civic challange this past weekend in Montreal. Only about 3 out 30 Ferrari 430 drivers knew how to drive, where as almost all the Civic guys look like they knew how to drive a road coarse. I bet the first place Civic could have come in at least 3 or 4 in that 430 challange!!! Almost 90% of the 430's had some sort of damage or DNF before the end of the race. I would say that only about 50% of the Civics had damage.
Oh, and as a side note - all of the Mazda Challange drivers Suck! They had almost 2/3 of the cars crash before the end of the race, and they only got about 5 real laps in without a full coarse yellow flag in a one hour race!

Last edited by MoodDude; 06-28-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:06 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by DISCO_MONKEY
I am subscribed to this thread. I am rarely on this site since I am mostly on G35Driver.com but this is getting VERY interesting. I am going to head down to whichever track you guys choose just to witness this event in person.

I am particularly interested because I plan on taking my G35C to VRT for the JWT TT setup once I track my car 3 times.
Yes you are Chris, Looking forward to tracking your car with you, and then building your car for you to track again.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Kevd007

Talking

Cmon guys keep the information coming. I really am excited about this scenario. Let us know what the end result is and show vids and pics. I am really interesting in knowing what entails the VRT setup. I wish I lived in Cali, would be easier to try to set somethin up.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TiPIACE
pics taken before the Brabus engine mods and steeringwheel were done by our dealer Sharp performance

and for insurance and resale purposes, the plastic engine cover wasnt fitted - the cashed up used car buyers over here in this part of the market dont tend to like it when you engine mod a USD $260K car

lol nah no dealership mra, just the old man's private collection
Damn you guys overpay for cars out there. The SL55 is near $120K new and used can be obtained for much less. Happy motoring. Let me know if you are in need of such vehicles with US specs. I can get them to you.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn you guys overpay for cars out there. The SL55 is near $120K new and used can be obtained for much less. Happy motoring. Let me know if you are in need of such vehicles with US specs. I can get them to you.
I think they have a little tax "nick" over there called the V.A.T. (Actually it is a "Goods and Sales Tax" but it is modeled after the V.A.T., and there is also a luxury car tax) I do not know the actual rate these days, but I think it was huge, up to 75% of the price of the car over a certain base amount. So, when you consider the importer is making a few grand, it is the government that is raking in the big bucks down there.

Last edited by Eagle1; 06-28-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:48 PM
nareg

man 360 modena's are not hard to beat. i ran one from a 70mph roll on the highway to 150mph and he pulled 3 cars on me. my friend in his silver Z took off his exhaust after the cats completely and owned the modena. They arent that hard to beat. if it was an F430 which is an 11.7 1/4 time, that would be a different story but stick with beating the 360 before u start trying to kill other ferraris.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:49 PM
nareg

oh and by the way my car is stock just to let u know
Old 06-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevd007
Cmon guys keep the information coming. I really am excited about this scenario. Let us know what the end result is and show vids and pics. I am really interesting in knowing what entails the VRT setup. I wish I lived in Cali, would be easier to try to set somethin up.
The set up of a VRT car is a LOT more than just a bolt on turbo kit. That is not to say that the JWT TT is not awesome, because it really is. But that just puts the power to the wheels. After that, what makes the car fast is a fully balanced handling package, and driver skills.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that will allow a car to go faster than a great driver. And getting out to a race driver school will teach you more, and be the best car "mod" you will ever invest in, both for performance and for safety. And the best news is that it is a mod you never sell at a discount and you take it with you into every car you ever drive!

Handling is getting the power down to the road and the car turning and responding, braking and accelerating. To be fast on the track you have to be fast in the turns.

As for handling, get this....VRT is going to be coming out with a "menu" of performance suspension and handling modifications that you can do to your Z or G, sometime later this fall it will be ready. In discrete, planned and affordable steps, without undoing or redoing things already done before, you can incrementally take your car from street, to track killer, and different levels in between. They will lay it all out for you, and you can buy the parts from them (some of them VRT proprietary and some by a wide array of other suppliers), or of course somewhere else if you want to, and you can put them on the car. The menu will depend on what you intend to do with your car, and whether you are NA or FI, etc.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:54 AM
TiPIACE

the only problem will be the steering wheel on the wrong side

but yeah unfortunately our g'ment slaps on a 55% luxury tax on imports, all designed to protect our local manufacturers. The final kick in the guts -even the Holden Monaro (your Pontiac GTO) is cheaper to buy in the US than here where its built

the Z is an AUD 65-80K car depending on spec
Old 06-29-2006, 03:18 AM
mistaboosta

Originally Posted by nareg
man 360 modena's are not hard to beat. i ran one from a 70mph roll on the highway to 150mph and he pulled 3 cars on me. my friend in his silver Z took off his exhaust after the cats completely and owned the modena. They arent that hard to beat. if it was an F430 which is an 11.7 1/4 time, that would be a different story but stick with beating the 360 before u start trying to kill other ferraris.
i had beaten a F430 in a 60-160 mph roll. My only mods were dual 3 inch full exhaust and APS TT set to 14 psi
Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 AM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TiPIACE
the only problem will be the steering wheel on the wrong side

but yeah unfortunately our g'ment slaps on a 55% luxury tax on imports, all designed to protect our local manufacturers. The final kick in the guts -even the Holden Monaro (your Pontiac GTO) is cheaper to buy in the US than here where its built

the Z is an AUD 65-80K car depending on spec
You've been driving with the steering wheel on the wrong side all this time. Isn't it about time to get a proper car down there for your driving enjoyment. RHD is just plain silly. Only post office vehicles are RHD here and we know postal workers are crazy. Well, if you ever need something really hard to find, let me know.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:55 AM
Kevd007

Default 160MPH Stock??

Is that possible? To get to 160mph on a stock 350Z? I know I havent. Just responding to Nareg's claim.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:14 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevd007
Is that possible? To get to 160mph on a stock 350Z? I know I havent. Just responding to Nareg's claim.
If you flash the ECU you can go faster than that. Just takes a long-time...

M
Old 06-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Navygolf13

He said APS TT. The other guy was stock who went to 150. Up a couple of posts.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 PM
mistaboosta

i only had Unichip that came along with the APS TT and i've seen 160+ (well maybe 165 ) a few times but didn't go on as the car was no more feeling safe on the road. Never experienced speed limiter in my car that's weird.

Quick Reply: 350Z VS Ferrari 360