Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Here's my TT set-up plan. Help me with any other additions please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006 | 09:35 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by G.Ride
Alberto, thats part of the problem... There could be mutiple things that can cause those EGT spikes and mutiple things that can happen because of those spikes. I guess its just a good safety feature. I dont argue that wide band isnt beneficial. I am just as much a fan of Wide O2 as I am of EGTs.
Im not persoanlly attacking you I hope you dont take it that way. Do you know the potential causes of a spike in EGT?
Old 07-06-2006 | 09:36 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by vq35carel
pm me if you need help
I have the PE kit making 585 rwhp on my 04 350z
Very impressive numbers. Can you provide us with more info on your setup?
Old 07-06-2006 | 10:17 AM
mrtomcat

I would like to add that you should not reuse the Spark plugs, get a set of new ones, they are not expensive.

If you don't want to run test pipes invest in a set of High Flow Cats, I was very happy with my Ultimate Racing one.

I agree on the oil cooler, I still have not gotten mine and I start loosing oil pressure after about 2000 miles and have to add oil.

Make sure you get the right kind of oil
Instead of Radiator fluid fill it with Distilled water and water wetter, it does miracles.

good luck!
Old 07-06-2006 | 12:42 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Alberto
Nice numbers. Is this with a reflash? What injectors? Curious what was your TQ?
This was with the PE injectors 380cc and a stock ecu no reflash.

I wouldnt do a reflash becuase every car is different.
Old 07-06-2006 | 01:27 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by turismo
This was with the PE injectors 380cc and a stock ecu no reflash.

I wouldnt do a reflash becuase every car is different.
You're saying you got that power on 380cc injectors without a tune???

How is that even possible?

Not hating here, I just don't understand how this could work
Old 07-07-2006 | 04:02 AM
BrokeZ

i would HIGHLY suggest some sort of engine management. I also have the PE kit and found that the car knocks even at 5 psi. Sure, you could get away with it for a while, but eventually it will catch up to you, and it greatly increases your chances of blowing your motor. IMO, NOT WORTH THE RISK!

I suggest a UTEC, its worked great for me so far, and i rarely ever get knock. Im still fine tuning almost everyday with the laptop in my car, and im gettin real close to my perfect tune.

Also, to give you an idea of power gains, i put down 370hp/365tq @ 6.8 lbs of boost on a DYNAPACK DYNO w/conservative tune (a/f was 10.8). My mods are:

PE TT Full Kit (380cc & 255lph fuel pump & intercooler)
2 step colder spark plugs
hks ssqv blow off valve
Crawford Plenum
APS 2.5" test pipes
Grounding kit
STOCK EXHAUST
Blitz I-color boost controller

UTEC w/tuner & map sensor

Since then i have upped the boost to around 8-8.3 and have leaned my car to around 11.8 AFR, which i feel is still not enough. I just dont know if the 5lbs will be enough I think my stock exhaust is robbing me from alot more power and quicker spool.
Old 07-07-2006 | 04:50 AM
gringott

Originally Posted by BrokeZ
i would HIGHLY suggest some sort of engine management. I also have the PE kit and found that the car knocks even at 5 psi. Sure, you could get away with it for a while, but eventually it will catch up to you, and it greatly increases your chances of blowing your motor. IMO, NOT WORTH THE RISK!

I suggest a UTEC, its worked great for me so far, and i rarely ever get knock. Im still fine tuning almost everyday with the laptop in my car, and im gettin real close to my perfect tune.

Also, to give you an idea of power gains, i put down 370hp/365tq @ 6.8 lbs of boost on a DYNAPACK DYNO w/conservative tune (a/f was 10.8). My mods are:

PE TT Full Kit (380cc & 255lph fuel pump & intercooler)
2 step colder spark plugs
hks ssqv blow off valve
Crawford Plenum
APS 2.5" test pipes
Grounding kit
STOCK EXHAUST
Blitz I-color boost controller

UTEC w/tuner & map sensor

Since then i have upped the boost to around 8-8.3 and have leaned my car to around 11.8 AFR, which i feel is still not enough. I just dont know if the 5lbs will be enough I think my stock exhaust is robbing me from alot more power and quicker spool.
My experience with the PE kit at stock boost was that exhaust, esp. cats, made a big dif in perceived (or butt dyno) power. I started with NISMO cat back and test pipes, most power, NISMO and stock cats, least power, NISMO and Kinetix HF cats, less than test pipes, more than stock cats, NISMO and resonated TP's, power the same (most) as non resonated TPs. Although I have had several dynos, none were direct comparisions of different exhaust alone.

As for the gentleman starting this thread, I personally think that, since you are going to install this soon, get the parts to run the water cooling lines, something I wish I had done, and put on a oil cooler right away. It will save wear and tear on your motor, and although it works without it, IMO it is a necessity.
Old 07-07-2006 | 08:09 AM
BrokeZ

Originally Posted by gringott
My experience with the PE kit at stock boost was that exhaust, esp. cats, made a big dif in perceived (or butt dyno) power. I started with NISMO cat back and test pipes, most power, NISMO and stock cats, least power, NISMO and Kinetix HF cats, less than test pipes, more than stock cats, NISMO and resonated TP's, power the same (most) as non resonated TPs. Although I have had several dynos, none were direct comparisions of different exhaust alone.

As for the gentleman starting this thread, I personally think that, since you are going to install this soon, get the parts to run the water cooling lines, something I wish I had done, and put on a oil cooler right away. It will save wear and tear on your motor, and although it works without it, IMO it is a necessity.
is there a kit available for the water cooling lines, or is it more of a DIY project?
Old 07-07-2006 | 08:37 AM
gringott

Diy