Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Emergency Emergency! Need help ASAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 08:33 AM
G352NV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drsifu
start here as well: http://www.sandiego.gov/police/

submitting a comment if you believed you were a victim of police misconduct http://www.sandiego.gov/police/help/comments.shtml

it'll be a tough fight if you want to fight.
-determine whether or not you were on private property.
-find out who owns the parking lot.
-contact Costco management and see if they gave the cops consent.

if you need any help, let me know.
You know you have a point. I really didnt think about it. But this would be like cops doing this at a car show. Yeah Im sure you have a case if you want to take it that far.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by sq40
So is Schwartenager..
that was the reason I posted it someone mentioned that based on the fashism he thinks Schwarzenegger might be german....I corrected him and stated that indeed both are austrian...
Old 07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Beer Goggles

Originally Posted by UR NZWY
Oh and you can probably get this tossed out in court on your own so dont get a lawyer..

By you challenging the probable cause you can eliminate everything that happened afterwards...

They would have to show and explain what the probable cause was, show or have something in writing they had the authority to tow vehicles, and explain why they opened your car without you being there.

The best thing would be if the vehicle code doesn't apply and then they can't really do anything..
This is probably the best defense on this subject.

It is NOT illegal to have the stuff on your car, and you CAN have it as a track car, and since it was on private property there is nothing saying that you couldn't have towed it there, and towed it away.

You can't be caught driving, but you can't be busted for parking.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:18 PM
G352NV

Just talked to a cop buddy. He said take it to court and you'll win. Tell the judge that you had the car towed there because of the mini meet. That you were going to tow it home.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

freaking pigs... just because of handful of rice racers causing trouble, rest of the car enthusiast world has to suffer.. phuk the police.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:26 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannysage
freaking pigs... just because of handful of rice racers causing trouble, rest of the car enthusiast world has to suffer.. phuk the police.
You know it's not all about people causing trouble. Always follow the $. It's all about the revenue income. Especially since we don't pay enough taxes.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by G352NV
Just talked to a cop buddy. He said take it to court and you'll win. Tell the judge that you had the car towed there because of the mini meet. That you were going to tow it home.
I dont think Lying to a Judge is the Best idea. Unless he has a reciept and actually had the car towed there, that would be a BAD move.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Beer Goggles

You don't need a receipt to prove anything. Talk to a lawyer. Stretching the truth is the best idea.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Ruth

Two people you do not lie too-Your Doctor and your Lawyer.If you want to lie go ahead.You the one who will get screwed.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:12 AM
G352NV

I dont think Lying to a Judge is the Best idea. Unless he has a reciept and actually had the car towed there, that would be a BAD move.
What you cant have a friend tow your car? THE LAW BENT THE LAWS!!! I would think that would be a bad move also eh?
Old 07-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv Mntrl
Take it from me.....this place SUCKS!
I feel you Jen I'm so close to relocating...
Old 07-20-2006, 03:21 AM
sq40

Originally Posted by G352NV
What you cant have a friend tow your car? THE LAW BENT THE LAWS!!! I would think that would be a bad move also eh?
Two wrongs dont make a right man. If he is going to court, he needs to make sure his hands are clean and be honest. Besides the obvious Purgery, its just wrong to lie.

Do you have no concience?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:22 AM
sq40

Originally Posted by Beer Goggles
You don't need a receipt to prove anything. Talk to a lawyer. Stretching the truth is the best idea.
Your just dying to get this guy in more trouble..
Old 07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by myZter
look for someone with same car and change your plates. as for cop searching your car with out you consent you can probably fight that in court but youll need a lawyer. or like ^^ said just pay and live your life
they hook up an obd2 to the car, the ecu is tied in with the VIN #, this will be cross referenced, so swapping plaes will not work...refs will be the most difficult to pass, you have to remove part of the kit..do something to make it look and act like stock...then pass and set it back...sorry man, that sucks

get a lawyer for sure, they were wrong to open your car, you WILL win that part of it!

TODD

Last edited by 350zDCalb; 07-20-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Beer Goggles

Two wrongs dont make a right man. If he is going to court, he needs to make sure his hands are clean and be honest. Besides the obvious Purgery, its just wrong to lie.

Do you have no concience?
You don't lie to the lawyer, you offer him the defense. Since when is the legal system based on truths?

It's like getting pulled over for speeding, I'm sure you offer up that you knew you were going 90mph and didn't use your blinker.

What you're told in the military and another example, Denis Rodman. DENY EVERYTHING.

This isn't a murder trial or a test to see if you have AIDS, it's a motor vehicle infraction that is based on a crap law here in CA.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:05 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer Goggles
You don't lie to the lawyer, you offer him the defense. Since when is the legal system based on truths?

It's like getting pulled over for speeding, I'm sure you offer up that you knew you were going 90mph and didn't use your blinker.

What you're told in the military and another example, Denis Rodman. DENY EVERYTHING.

This isn't a murder trial or a test to see if you have AIDS, it's a motor vehicle infraction that is based on a crap law here in CA.

A dose of reality.