Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech kit installed and dynoed

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 05:24 PM
TTRANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!

Smart move going up a little at a time.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Anomaly460

STLLIGHTNING,
which pulley are you using? What did you think of the shop? Would you recommend them to someone else? Im curious as to why you chose this shop over adrenaline since they are probably the best local shop. I was going to have them do a vortech kit for me and im wondering if there is anything i should know.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:34 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

congrats on the install... after our most recent meet here near DC I am really considering doing this by next summer

how safe is it to just slap on the vortech without a tune?
Old 08-02-2006, 07:46 AM
A_16

Originally Posted by mrpratt
congrats on the install... after our most recent meet here near DC I am really considering doing this by next summer

just dont do it, i MIGHT be ok for awhile, but not tuning is just dumb
Old 08-02-2006, 07:48 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

well i ask because there is a place where I go to school that would only charge $35 an hour, but the closest best place to tune is at least 4 hours away... i guess it would be worth paying the extra $$ to get it installed and tuned the same place
Old 08-02-2006, 09:22 AM
jazz z1

well i ask because there is a place where I go to school that would only charge $35 an hour, but the closest best place to tune is at least 4 hours away... i guess it would be worth paying the extra $$ to get it installed and tuned the same place
YOU GUESS RIGHT!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Originally Posted by j*** z1
YOU GUESS RIGHT!
Thanks for your affirmation buddy
Old 08-04-2006, 04:15 AM
MMC Racing

Originally Posted by Anomaly460
STLLIGHTNING,
which pulley are you using? What did you think of the shop? Would you recommend them to someone else? Im curious as to why you chose this shop over adrenaline since they are probably the best local shop. I was going to have them do a vortech kit for me and im wondering if there is anything i should know.
I am using the stock sized pulley. The shop in Springfield is a very nice, clean, professional facility. The shop drives down to Gateway all the time to race also. I delt with Chad there - which I think is a co-owner. He actual did the install also.

Adrenaline is a good shop. We have a dyno tuning day up there August 26th for the Lightning crew (flying in a guy to do the tuning). Susan is awesome, Chuck - well, you either love him or hate him... They seem to hire a lot of really young guys though, so I was a little concerned trusting them. The Springfield shop is an authorized Vortech dealer for what that is worth. If you want to come ride in the car to experience the Vortech, let me know.

-Mark
Old 08-04-2006, 04:23 AM
MMC Racing

For us, the included tune was fine, but we are completely stock. The tune was probably created on a stock Z. Since you are modded already, you most likely will need tuning.

-Mark
Old 08-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Anomaly460

Originally Posted by STL Lightning
I am using the stock sized pulley. The shop in Springfield is a very nice, clean, professional facility. The shop drives down to Gateway all the time to race also. I delt with Chad there - which I think is a co-owner. He actual did the install also.

Adrenaline is a good shop. We have a dyno tuning day up there August 26th for the Lightning crew (flying in a guy to do the tuning). Susan is awesome, Chuck - well, you either love him or hate him... They seem to hire a lot of really young guys though, so I was a little concerned trusting them. The Springfield shop is an authorized Vortech dealer for what that is worth. If you want to come ride in the car to experience the Vortech, let me know.

-Mark
Thanks alot man. Ill definitely take you up on your offer for a ride before it gets too cold...Whats your email address? there were some more ?s i wanted to ask you if you dont mind. My email is anomaly460@aol.com
Old 08-09-2006, 06:07 AM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by j*** z1
Good Job. Is your Vortech the quiet version with the V-2 SQ Head unit? Do you hear the gear grinding noise at idle ? (below 900RPM). Anyway, good luck with your new blown ride.
First I've heard of this. Is this a fix for the noise at idle?
Old 08-12-2006, 04:58 AM
jazz z1

Originally Posted by Gary Evans
First I've heard of this. Is this a fix for the noise at idle?
Can't verify if it's a fix or not. I was quoting what I read on the Vortech Engineering Web Site:

" Quality Features, Vortech gear driven supercharger with SQ technology provides nearly silent operation and unmatched reliability"
Old 08-13-2006, 08:56 AM
dimebagdolf

It's always been the "quiet version". The SQ blower that is.

What I've found that really works for reducing the noise the Vortech makes is installing a longer inlet tube in place of the stock air filter. Z Car Garage fabricated a cold air intake for me that really quiets the unit down. because it's not open ended right in front of the blower anymore... it really quiets it down. I've been very happy with this mod.

Not sure if any of the Vortech guys that have installed longer intake tubes have had similar results?
Would be interesting to know...
Old 08-13-2006, 09:15 AM
jazz z1

DIMEBAGDOLF .... You wouldn't have a picture of that fabricated 'Extended Inlet Tube', wouldja?

STL LIGHTNING ... For 4700. you undoubtedly bought the 'Polished Kit"??

Congrats on the install. That CYO 2 Kit sounds like a consideration.

Last edited by jazz z1; 08-13-2006 at 09:24 AM.