Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any Interest in a Front Bumer Brace for Greddy TT Owners???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
KTaylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyway to sell these without becoming an inventor or a vendor? if not i guess ill just apply to become an inventor and then ill post up a GB. If i can get at least 5 ill get him to make some. The guy is very excited about these and said they will not take long to make at all not that hes got one made. Also, just to let you know im not adding anything on as a middle man, this is the price he is charging. I just thought it was a great idea and would like to help anyone out that might want one.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:11 AM
ActionJackson

So the stock bumper will fit over this? Looks better than the stock bumper beam lol so maybe I"ll just use this to replace the stock one.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:03 AM
punish_her

Default Devils Advocate.

So why $300 is that shipped. Why should I get this when I could notch the stock one and a brace and have more protection than on bar going accross? The notching is prett much free if you got the tools.

EDIT: Or do it prison style and use a hack saw and some patients if you dont have a cut off wheel or aircompressor.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:15 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by punish_her
So why $300 is that shipped. Why should I get this when I could notch the stock one and a brace and have more protection than on bar going accross? The notching is prett much free if you got the tools.

EDIT: Or do it prison style and use a hack saw and some patients if you dont have a cut off wheel or aircompressor.

$300 is shippied and i thought that this was a much better/ safer solution then cutting into the stock bumper brace. When you cut into something like that you cant be sure of structural strength and with this bumper brace i can assure you that it is very strong and well made. Also i dont believe this would work (i may be wrong) but i believe that the brace that you connect the aluminum bumper piece to blocks the top left intake of the intercooler, so either way you would have to relocate that which would meen making your own custome brace if you wanted it to fit. if your not interested however thats fine, for everyone else though im still trying to get "inventor status" so i can start a group buy. ill keep you posted.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2006, 03:37 AM
punish_her

Here's the thread: https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...87&postcount=1

If you look real careul the bumper brace is only notched alittle and the bracket has minimal material removed. If you look closely you can actuley remove much less from the bracket. and put a rubber damper (thick peice of rubber)to prevent a rub through. It looks like the only reason why so much material was removed because they were trying to prevent rubbing of the FMIC Top inlet.

EDIT: Take a look inside the bumper brace. there is a LOT of cross bracing in there giving this thing amazing rigidity. Those bracket that were cut, that one will just crumple before the driver side one. If you hit someting hard enough to crumple it you got bigger problems. The factory brace give a wider surface to distribute the impact energy. Given the smaller radius of that aluminum bar the impact zone is on in a GREATLY
REDUCED SURFACE AREA. So you look a point impact of 35psi only on 1 square foot of front bumper (verry minimal impact). That total is 5040 pounds of force over the entire square foot.

If that same force was applied to the fabricated over the same linear foot your contact is only gonna be 2 or 3 square inches. So lets say 3"sqr. So the same force applied to the 3" square surface area is 1680psi. Simple rules of physics. P= f/a or pressure = force/ surface area.

Now its a simple fractional equation:

35psi = 35 pounds of force(force = mass * acceleration)/ 1" square

now you multiply that out to 1 square foot of total impact area you have 5040lb of force.
That force is our constant.
so now P=5040/3"square
P=1680psi. What tubeing is that again? There is verry few tubing that will hold up to 1680 psi point impact force.

Here's a good one stelleto heal have and average surface area on the heal of .3" square, and a dainty woman of 112 stumbles and steps on your foot. gravity is 9.8 meters per second square there is you acceleration. So for force 112 *9.8 = 1097.6. Now pressure = 1097.6/.3" (area). Pressure is 3658.66pounds for 1 second of falling. A stumble takes say .5 seconds to fall with zero input from the women. Your total input on the heal of the stelleto is 1829.33 pounds of force. Thats one hell of a point inpact on your foot.

Hope you think twice next time you let your girl friend walk arround in those stelleto's after sex. She may stumble and step on you bare foot .

Last edited by punish_her; 08-03-2006 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:38 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does look very nice. Can a tow hook be added?
Old 08-03-2006, 04:13 AM
punish_her

Default No sarcasim intended...

It does look good, but rember devils advocate here nothing personal. Sell me on it and I'll buy it.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:56 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In speaking to the Taylors, they mentioned the bar could be made from choromoly steel for added strength.

Kurt, I cant recall the rules, but are member group-buys permitted?? If so, just post it in the GB section.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:32 AM
punish_her

Yes chromoly with those short lengths, bends, and the way the braceing looks it would be pretty strong. If I'm not mistaken the brackes are just under 3 feet apart.

That would definately be strong enough put a drop down thread in there to match our tow hook and that would be perfect. Hell I would buy it and sell my stock one in a heart beat if its $400 or under shipped.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:49 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Kurt, I cant recall the rules, but are member group-buys permitted?? If so, just post it in the GB section.
If Kurt starts a GB, Dave will be here quick. A number of threads have been closed this past week. This is the mod response:

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...09&postcount=2
Old 08-03-2006, 07:51 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by TruBluZ
It does look very nice. Can a tow hook be added?
In speaking to the Taylors, they mentioned the bar could be made from choromoly steel for added strength.
Originally Posted by punish_her
Yes chromoly with those short lengths, bends, and the way the braceing looks it would be pretty strong. If I'm not mistaken the brackes are just under 3 feet apart.

That would definately be strong enough put a drop down thread in there to match our tow hook and that would be perfect. Hell I would buy it and sell my stock one in a heart beat if its $400 or under shipped.

were gonna go by and talk to the guy making them and see if these options (choromly steel and a tow hook spot) could be worked out. Im sure they probally will but i want to check it out and ask him first. ill let you all know later today.

Last edited by KTaylor; 08-03-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:59 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
If Kurt starts a GB, Dave will be here quick. A number of threads have been closed this past week. This is the mod response:

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...09&postcount=2

yea i know i cant post up a GB as only a member. ive sent emails to the mods but no responses... if a mod sees this can you please send me a PM on how to become an "inventor" so i can start a GB on these bumper braces.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2006, 08:02 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
So the stock bumper will fit over this? Looks better than the stock bumper beam lol so maybe I"ll just use this to replace the stock one.

im going by today to make sure it fits with the stock bumper, it fits with mine which is similar to stock but im gonna make sure there wont be any problems. ill post up tonight about that. Thanks for all the compliments!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:47 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by KTaylor
im going by today to make sure it fits with the stock bumper, it fits with mine which is similar to stock but im gonna make sure there wont be any problems. ill post up tonight about that. Thanks for all the compliments!
Good luck with it Kurt, it looks awesome.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:52 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Good luck with it Kurt, it looks awesome.
Thanks!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:24 PM
KTaylor

i went to his shop today but he left early because his AC was out and it was about 100 degrees here. he will be back tomorrow so ill be able to answer everyones questions then. Thanks for waiting guys
Old 08-04-2006, 08:10 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by phunk
very nice... its aluminum so light weight for sure.... how many lbs do you guess?
it wieghts about 3.5lbs (the "prototype")
Old 08-04-2006, 08:15 AM
KTaylor

Default Update

I went by today and he was very interested in the group buy for these. I told him about the idea of having an option of choromly steel and he said that would not be a problem. Also i really liked the idea about the tow hook so im gonna have him add that to mine and then see what you all think. He said it should be done with the tow hook around next week. ill post up picks as soon as its done and then when everything is finalized i will post up a group buy (either in the premier members section or i may just pay up and become an "inventor"). Anyways i will keep you all posted. Also feel free to either PM me or post up any questions.

Thanks, Kurt
Old 08-04-2006, 09:45 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by KTaylor
I went by today and he was very interested in the group buy for these. I told him about the idea of having an option of choromly steel and he said that would not be a problem. Also i really liked the idea about the tow hook so im gonna have him add that to mine and then see what you all think. He said it should be done with the tow hook around next week. ill post up picks as soon as its done and then when everything is finalized i will post up a group buy (either in the premier members section or i may just pay up and become an "inventor"). Anyways i will keep you all posted. Also feel free to either PM me or post up any questions.

Thanks, Kurt
I'll help you out and post the GB over at tech where they don't care if the members start a GB. May help you get some more interest Kurt.

OT-Could you PM me Baine's email address or any contact info. I met him last year and can't find his info. I need a quote from his company.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 AM
G352NV

Hey did you happen to find your OEM support?

Quick Reply: Any Interest in a Front Bumer Brace for Greddy TT Owners???