Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
TTRANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another A+ for VRT and JWT!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MRC Motor-sports
700 HP with cats, is all you say...Are we to assume this motor is built or stock? I would think even on a built motor, you would be hard pressed to see the HP numbers your claiming with stock heads,cams,cats and no 3" exhaust..I have no doubt in my mind the car is making high 400's to low 500's on a Dyno Jet..
Got to love them Dynapacks, my car last year made over 510 on Turbo XS's dynapack before their dyno shut down, the very same exact set off their Dyno and on to Altereds Dyno made only 448 whp to start with..This is a 60 whp difference or nearly a 15% difference from Dyna pack to Dyno Jet...
My only comment is that JWT'd Dnyo is either on crack, or their turbos are manufactured by magical dwarves and have super powers...
Sorry about not offering the laundry list, added that to the original post. We will get some comparative Dynos on as many of the new builds for some comparison as I have with my Grey G35.

Thanks...
Originally Posted by TIMMAHH
Another A+ for VRT and JWT!
Originally Posted by TheCajunStyle
Heya VRT,

I really respect you guys not only for your HP/TQ numbers, but because you build track proven, high powered, daily drivers.
I think a lot of the people around these forums can better relate to 1320' ETs and traps, though. To me, that's the most precise "apples to apples" comparison you can make. Throw some DRs and a rear camber kit on one of your G/Zs and take it on a weekend trip to a drag-way...
Just my $0.02... Congrats and good luck!!!
Appreciate the feedback, just prefer road-racing. Our suspension set-ups are completely for Road-Race so it is quite a bit of work, I would rather show up at Button Willow, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Cal-Speedway, Spring Mountain, and try to keep up with raced out Porsche GT3s for 30 minutes from 40-170 MPH then 1970 Camaros or Supras for only 10-12 seconds. Just my preference, Nothing Personal yet I understand exactly what you are talking about. Thanks Again.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-17-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Navygolf13

You know, it is too sad that people do not understand what is going on here. None of these motors with big HP numbers are on stock blocks first of all, and second of all there is no reason to inflate numbers to prove a point. Like Michael said come to the track and see for yourselves or stop complaining about things that you know nothing about.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

To prove POWER-the dragstrip is the best track tool. Dynos's can lie, on a roadcourse a car with 1/2 the power can pass a much faster car, the driver is the biggest factor here, so the roadcourse comments dont mean much when you speak of dyno numbers. To say they roadrace all the time thats good, nice to see people doing it. But down the 1/4 the trap speed will indicate the cars power, regardless of ET, so +1 on that "test". Only VRT car Ive ever seen at the dragstrip was one of their customers (forget his SN-modified mag did a nice write up on him) he turned down the boost to around what should have been 500whp, and ran in road course camber/suspension set up but didnt come NEAR the trap speed he should have even given those conditions/set-up. VRT-get on eof your cars to a dragstrip, I dont care if its at 500-1000whp, tell us the power level and the traps will tell the tale. I dont doubt that VRT cant build a car, I just think their dyno numbers are way to "happy" to say the least. Ive spoken with many shops/owners in the Z community they all feel the same way (that your dyno is on crack), but I can understand them not wanting to call you out, looks bad for busniess, so Ill take the hit

BTW-another shop/dyno who has been called out is Scotts performance, they claimed 700+whp on Bigbris car on their cracked out Dastek dyno. Regardless though Bigbri took it to the track, spun through 4th gear and ran 127mph traps-obviously not 700whp, but 600+for sure, it sdef not slow. Lets see if VRT can run traps like that, actually you should trap higher since you have more powerful cars...

Last edited by Alberto; 08-17-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta get my hands on that kit!!! great job.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

And please dont act like its quite a bit of work to dial in some positive camber and go run down 1320 feet worth of track, for a shop such as yours it shouldnt be a problem.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by Alberto
But down the 1/4 the trap speed will indicate the cars power, regardless of ET, so +1 on that "test".
+1 on that. Give us some traps speeds and we'll shut up.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:46 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
And please dont act like its quite a bit of work to dial in some positive camber and go run down 1320 feet worth of track, for a shop such as yours it shouldnt be a problem.
Sounds, cool...Going to have to be a clients car though. I am tearing my G apart to add Roll-Cage and safety for the Time Attack series coming up.

Question:
Where the hell is the Nearest 1/4 mile to SD?

M
Old 08-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Yancy

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Recently,

Both VRT and JWT have perfected our Big Horsepower Kit. We successfully pulled off 760 WHP on my 2003 G35 months ago. You all know the Grey G35 from our road-race and drift videos.

Fun Stuff - In the coming months we have 5 more after BRANDY the 2006 Black G35C - (we call her Brandy for she was Brand New with Only 198 miles on her when she arrived to build .)

Proudly, Brandy made a clean 634 WHP and 575 FT/LBS at 18.5 PSI. The best part about it - She still has CATS and doesn't have Rev-Up C2 Cams YET! She has a Built Motor, Arias 8.5:1, Pauter Rods, Garrett GT28 BB700s, Modified JWT Kit, Custom Fuel System, Split-Second, SF Challenge, Pirelli 285 fr/305 Rear, VRT Suspension, VRT Radiator, VRT Oil Cooler, Stillen Sways, Brembo Brakes, Stillen Dual Exhaust...No Return Fuel System!

Enjoy. Video soon to follow and Brandy's TWIN - Tampa is coming out this next week and Tampa does have TEST PIPES and C2 Cams. Hopefully we can match my Grey Gs #s with Tampa with some luck. NOTE: You can see both the cars and my G35C at the Z and G Driftday.com event 8/27/06.

Peace
M

Awesome Numbers. I'm interested in the wheel/rim set up. Can you tell me the size of the wheel and offset to fit that 305 out back? I've been looking into this and it seems like you guys are running that set up a lot? Thanks.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
JimRHIT

LACR .. not close ... not the greatest track either ... but it'll quench the doubters thirst for blood here
Old 08-17-2006, 10:09 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Yancy
Awesome Numbers. I'm interested in the wheel/rim set up. Can you tell me the size of the wheel and offset to fit that 305 out back? I've been looking into this and it seems like you guys are running that set up a lot? Thanks.
Volk Racing/SF Challenge
8.5 front/9.5 rear, 30 MM offset

I know sounds weird but it fits awesome.

We have Mackin/Volks Ready to ship. Please PM if you are interested or simply hit my site and email me.

Also
Originally Posted by JimRHIT
LACR .. not close ... not the greatest track either ... but it'll quench the doubters thirst for blood here
Where is this, LA...Irwindale? Calspeedway?

M
Old 08-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Question:
Where the hell is the Nearest 1/4 mile to SD?

M

Locator ---> http://chasinracin.com/track-locator/byname.shtml

So whos car and what whp?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:24 AM
MIAPLAYA

Volk Racing/SF Challenge
8.5 front/9.5 rear, 30 MM offset

I know sounds weird but it fits awesome.

We have Mackin/Volks Ready to ship. Please PM if you are interested or simply hit my site and email me.

Also

Where is this, LA...Irwindale? Calspeedway?

M
LACR is LA County Raceway its in Palmdale.... Cal Speedway is a different track then that but both have a 1/4 mile strip. I personally prefer Cali Speedway as the track is better. You guys are up there to run the infield for time attack anyways might as well give the 1/4 mile a shot/
Old 08-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
LACR is LA County Raceway its in Palmdale.... Cal Speedway is a different track then that but both have a 1/4 mile strip. I personally prefer Cali Speedway as the track is better. You guys are up there to run the infield for time attack anyways might as well give the 1/4 mile a shot/

How do waive byes work on a 1/4 mile track just kidding...

From the pics I see a stock plenum and you say you're running stock cats and there's no head work? Here it is boys

I will pay for VRT's dyno pull at TurboTim's shop - I think VRT knows where it's located; afterall didn't they build your first car
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 AM
bigbri

Originally Posted by Philthy
How do waive byes work on a 1/4 mile track just kidding...

From the pics I see a stock plenum and you say you're running stock cats and there's no head work? Here it is boys

I will pay for VRT's dyno pull at TurboTim's shop - I think VRT knows where it's located; afterall didn't they build your first car
LOL fukin Philthy...I agree with him though hard to believe these #'s with no head work....Also I remember the guy from vegas ran his car and only trapping 114mph with 550whp???? Something is off..
Old 08-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbri
LOL fukin Philthy...I agree with him though hard to believe these #'s with no head work....Also I remember the guy from vegas ran his car and only trapping 114mph with 550whp???? Something is off..
I have to go with Big Bri on this one...BS it is...Great marketing ploy, but BS it is..There is no way in hell a 700hp VQ is going to run a stock set of cats,plenum,head,cams...Period..I dont care it you threww a T88 and a 100 shot of special sauce on top..No happening.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:22 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
I have to go with Big Bri on this one...BS it is...Great marketing ploy, but BS it is..There is no way in hell a 700hp VQ is going to run a stock set of cats,plenum,head,cams...Period..I dont care it you threww a T88 and a 100 shot of special sauce on top..No happening.

I don't know why you guys doubt so much, it's completely blinding your eyes that VRT doesn't do any of the tuning............JWT does ALL the tuning. And if you don't think JWT is incompetent........perhaps you need to man up and call them yourselves to talk to them.

And this bull**** about the Dynapack at JWT being off, but every other dynapack being 'the best way to dyno', give me a fugging break.

I'm not defending VRT, I'm defending JWT.

After speaking with Clark on a different issue today, I learned a helluva lot on the cams for the VQ and idle adjustability and learn processes by the stock ecu. And that's just because he's a nice, and frigging bright guy.

ALSO, I ran across a 350z DRAG CAR that was using STOCK revup cams, and made well over 1000whp with them.

Just because you haven't done it doesn't mean it's impossible
Old 08-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yummmm - that Kool-Aid must taste really good....

I'm sure a dedicated DRAG CAR didn't have some SERIOUS mods... May have used the stock REVUP CAMS but with one hell of a port and polish and Ferrera valve train among other things...

VRT is NOT JWT - they're doing a great job on riding their coat tails and it's disgusting...

I've talked to Jim several times, use his products and done a couple of magazine write ups on his stuff - Mr. A'ss no Jim Wolf - don't confuse the two!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by chimmike
I don't know why you guys doubt so much, it's completely blinding your eyes that VRT doesn't do any of the tuning............JWT does ALL the tuning. And if you don't think JWT is incompetent........perhaps you need to man up and call them yourselves to talk to them.

And this bull**** about the Dynapack at JWT being off, but every other dynapack being 'the best way to dyno', give me a fugging break.

I'm not defending VRT, I'm defending JWT.

After speaking with Clark on a different issue today, I learned a helluva lot on the cams for the VQ and idle adjustability and learn processes by the stock ecu. And that's just because he's a nice, and frigging bright guy.

ALSO, I ran across a 350z DRAG CAR that was using STOCK revup cams, and made well over 1000whp with them.

Just because you haven't done it doesn't mean it's impossible
Performance motorsports made 1300 whp on stock cams, BUT and big BUT, they had a set of HUGE turbos, Nitrous, and EXTENSIVE head work and a custom intakemanifold....I 100% doubt that anyone is makig +600 hp on a set up like VRT' with stock CATS, and plenum and heads..Just dont seem possible, given everyone else has failed..
Old 08-17-2006, 11:36 AM
G352NV

Nice job but I would like to see another dyno.
Man so many of you guys are sooo fuggin JWT star struck! Everytime I see a post about JWT I know what the responses are going to be.
A tune can only do soo much, I dont care whos tunnin a car! A turbo kit is a turbo kit for the most part. Geez!

Quick Reply: 600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!