Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Navygolf13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
im just saying this, dynos can be altered, you can change corrections and temperatures and many many many things to alter a dyno chart. you can make that same chart put down 1000hp if you know how to alter it....

trap speeds dont lie, you can not "alter" your trap speeds in the quarter mile to read higher. you can simply put in your trap speed and weight of car and get a pretty close estimate to what the car has horsepower wise. this is not a new concept, american cars have been testing this for a while....
Okay, I know and agreed with you, the only problem is that so many people are content with other companies dynos but not VRT???? Dont get it. I tell you what I will see what I can do to get my car to the track. It is not a 600-700hp car, I am on race fuel at about 500hp, but I can tell you that Michaels car is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than mine. There is no way for me to keep up on the track so, will that put everyones mind at ease?

The other thing with that is that I have NO idea how to put down a good 1/4 mile time. I know there is more to it than just hit the gas. But, I guarantee that I will not be able to pull as much as the car can just because of my driving.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Jokestrap

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
All the Naysayers crack me up. I for one, am tired of always trying to jump through hoops for some doubting Thomas's. We have proven what we do time and time again on these boards, and otherwise, whether its dyno numbers, track times, how many turbo kits (or builds) we have done, if it is possible to get these high HP #'s safely without a fuel return system, what width of tires we can run, etc. This is rediculous, although I am starting to learn how to take it as a complement . Like someone else said earlier, "Just because you can't do it (or figure out how to do it), doesn't mean that it can't be done". We will dyno a car on any dyno any day and get very impressive, and usually unmatched numbers, every time (like "Stillen Days" for example). IMO, I don't need to go in a straight line for 11 seconds to see the potential in these VRT built cars, traction is a HUGE part of the 1/8-1/4 mile game any ways, just as much as HP is. After all people, these ARE sports and sports luxury cars, better suited for road courses, are they not??
We don't need to prove anything to anyone but our customers, and if you ask them, we already have.

Have a nice day
best point yet...
Old 08-18-2006, 05:17 PM
G352NV

Well my putor must be fugged cause its not showing on page one. It does show its been edited. Maybe they took it off.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Navygolf13

I just took it from there and posted it in that post. I will do it again right now.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Recently,

Both VRT and JWT have perfected our Big Horsepower Kit. We successfully pulled off 760 WHP on my 2003 G35 months ago. You all know the Grey G35 from our road-race and drift videos.

Fun Stuff - In the coming months we have 5 more after BRANDY the 2006 Black G35C - (we call her Brandy for she was Brand New with Only 198 miles on her when she arrived to build .)

Proudly, Brandy made a clean 634 WHP and 575 FT/LBS at 18.5 PSI. The best part about it - She still has CATS and doesn't have Rev-Up C2 Cams YET! She has a Built Motor, Arias 8.5:1, Pauter Rods, Garrett GT28 BB700s, Modified JWT Kit, Custom Fuel System, Split-Second, SF Challenge, Pirelli 285 fr/305 Rear, VRT Suspension, VRT Radiator, VRT Oil Cooler, Stillen Sways, Brembo Brakes, Stillen Dual Exhaust...No Return Fuel System!

Enjoy. Video soon to follow and Brandy's TWIN - Tampa is coming out this next week and Tampa does have TEST PIPES and C2 Cams. Hopefully we can match my Grey Gs #s with Tampa with some luck. NOTE: You can see both the cars and my G35C at the Z and G Driftday.com event 8/27/06.

Peace
M

There is the whole first post with dyno chart.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:25 PM
nissansource

Honestly - Kinda funny but Clark will talk your head off with the funniest most technical information your brain can handle.

M
Talk your head offf and you wont understand half of it
Old 08-18-2006, 05:42 PM
shagspeed

Honestly - Kinda funny but Clark will talk your head off with the funniest most technical information your brain can handle.

M
Sooo Very true.. Talking to Clark even though I know quite a bit is still like shoving a fire hose of knowledge down your throat and turning it on full blast, Also one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Jim too on good days I remember the 1st time he came with a tune for the 72lb/hr injectors and Mustang Cobra MAF with resistor circuit and he gave me my computer and said DON'T GET ON IT. I have never tuned this tune before and it should start and putt putt over here and we can check it. so I did that and putt putt on over put some C16 in the car for insurance while tuning. Well I wasted my money on the C16 insurance... We drove the car around did a few short bursts to get a base line and then we got on it and ran flawless, Clark's guess tune was spot on, Truly amazing what this guy can do. I wish Clark and Jim the very best there both great guys
Old 08-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This post is funny. +1 on what Jeremy said dyno's can be altered, its that simple, VRT nuthuggers think we are all haters they just dont understand. I knew nobody from VRT would step up and take one damn pass down the 1/4. Nobody cares what you run, back up your claims. If you cut some crazy high 60ft, run a crappy time but trap high we will know what your car is capable of-the proof will be there. For the person asking what needed to be done. Ill answer, a set of drag radials or even road race tires out back, nice and sticky(get them hot), a soft launch, go down the track shifting at redline and you should finish way up in 5th gear. For what its worth Im known as a drag racer on the boards but my car is not set up for it at all, no weight transfer or maximum contact path with my suspension and camber settings, I drag with JIC coilovers, and -2 degrees camber all the way around. All they need is a set of sticky tires, or wide street tires (which they run crazy wide sizes on Nismo rims) and they are set! Dynos are for internet big d!cks/bragging rights, the 1/4 speed is the TRUTH, and because of that VRT wont take a car down 1320 feet of pavement.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
nissansource

but i guess what im saying is JWT clark and jim has no reason to alter any of the dyno graphs on any car??!?!? why its not in their nature to coat anything with a cherry on top. if it donesnt work it doesnt work if it does great.... why alter?! who cares... didnt the vrt g35 shut the stillen dyno off?!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:59 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
This post is funny. +1 on what Jeremy said dyno's can be altered, its that simple, VRT nuthuggers think we are all haters they just dont understand. I knew nobody from VRT would step up and take one damn pass down the 1/4. Nobody cares what you run, back up your claims. If you cut some crazy high 60ft, run a crappy time but trap high we will know what your car is capable of-the proof will be there. For the person asking what needed to be done. Ill answer, a set of drag radials or even road race tires out back, nice and sticky(get them hot), a soft launch, go down the track shifting at redline and you should finish way up in 5th gear. For what its worth Im known as a drag racer on the boards but my car is not set up for it at all, no weight transfer or maximum contact path with my suspension and camber settings, I drag with JIC coilovers, and -2 degrees camber all the way around. All they need is a set of sticky tires, or wide street tires (which they run crazy wide sizes on Nismo rims) and they are set! Dynos are for internet big d!cks/bragging rights, the 1/4 speed is the TRUTH, and because of that VRT wont take a car down 1320 feet of pavement.
Alberto - As mentioned, I will work on one of my customers to Run some 1/4 miles for you. My G is probably not going to be happening soon for I am totally redoing the suspension and safety.

However, there are a few 600+ WHP cars we can use if the customers are cool. One should be ready for break-in this next week and 3 more coming in September.

Thanks,

I don't find the 1/4 request as a pain, just need to find a car...

Originally Posted by nissansource
but i guess what im saying is JWT clark and jim has no reason to alter any of the dyno graphs on any car??!?!? why its not in their nature to coat anything with a cherry on top. if it donesnt work it doesnt work if it does great.... why alter?! who cares... didnt the vrt g35 shut the stillen dyno off?!
Correct - Tried to run MORE than 17.5 PSI (629 or something, threw the dynosheet away) and it wasn't happening do to slipping and MPH restraint. Wanted to run at 24+ PSI, No Frigging way...Fun any way...But I must be full of sh$t, only 300 people watching!

Alberto, on the 600+ WHP 1/4 stuff. Bob is willing to run his 500 WHP car, yet he ONLY has the smaller kit, not the BB700s. Will get a Big Kit car to run ASAP.

Peace!

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 08-18-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alberto - As mentioned, I will work on one of my customers to Run some 1/4 miles for you. My G is probably not going to be happening soon for I am totally redoing the suspension and safety.

However, there are a few 600+ WHP cars we can use if the customers are cool. One should be ready for break-in this next week and 3 more coming in September.

Thanks,

I don't find the 1/4 request as a pain, just need to find a car...

Correct - Tried to run MORE than 17.5 PSI (629 or something, threw the dynosheet away) and it wasn't happening do to slipping and MPH restraint. Wanted to run at 24+ PSI, No Frigging way...Fun any way...But I must be full of sh$t, only 300 people watching!

Alberto, on the 600+ WHP 1/4 stuff. Bob is willing to run his 500 WHP car, yet he ONLY has the smaller kit, not the BB700s. Will get a Big Kit car to run ASAP.

Peace!

M

500 hp cars are a dime a dozen, we dont care about those. we care about all these daily driven cars that you say have 600-800hp, those are the times we would like to see....
Old 08-18-2006, 06:41 PM
nissansource

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
500 hp cars are a dime a dozen, we dont care about those. we care about all these daily driven cars that you say have 600-800hp, those are the times we would like to see....

I dailyied my car all day long @ 492hp with mix c16 on fills no biggie so did **** for his tech job then
Old 08-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Navygolf13

Okay, I will settle this once and for all, I will get the 700 kit on my car and we will run it on the 1/4 mile. I WILL so this. I just have to figure out how I am gonna pay for it. Give me a little time and I will do it.

You can't expect someone to run their car on the 1/4 mile just cause you ask, but I tell you this we will deliver on what you want!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think thats what everyone was looking for in the first place, another form of measure other than a dyno.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chimmike
+1. Philthy, who, in fact, do you represent? Performance Motorsport?
No - I've made the group of people responsible for my car known...

Straightline Auto
Headgames Motorworks
Weston Machine
Full-Race
Robispec
Evans Tuning

The above group are some of the best in the business and VRT isn't in the same league as these guys. BUT, this isn't my issue with VRT - it's the BS and self promotion...

VRT is a back yard shop that has one good mechanic and JWT guides them all the way and does their tuning. Although there is NOTHING WRONG with this - VRT arrogance and their lack of respect for every other tuner/shop in the country is just plain wrong. Every time there’s a thread or discussion on ANYTHING the VRT crew (and the handful of VRT cheerleaders) and high jacking threads and indulging in their self promotion…

I haven’t seen VRT contribute a single thing to this forum that didn’t directly benefit or promote their 'shop'…

Last edited by Philthy; 08-18-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:03 PM
MIAPLAYA

Stillen has a Dynojet...
Old 08-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When are the rest of the details on this car coming out? Was there any head work? What kind of fuel did you run? etc....?

The devil is always in the details, and I'll continue to stand behind my current posts until you provide a bit more info...

Cali 91 octane gas ? Or were you running VP Import (120+ octane)...

I still can't believe that you guys are the poster boys for JWT and they are aware of the crap you guys are posting on here...
Old 08-19-2006, 03:51 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
take one damn pass down the 1/4. Nobody cares what you run, back up your claims. If you cut some crazy high 60ft, run a crappy time but trap high we will know what your car is capable of-the proof will be there. Dynos are for internet big d!cks/bragging rights, the 1/4 speed is the TRUTH, and because of that VRT wont take a car down 1320 feet of pavement.
Except in my case right Alberto..When I said what my car was capable of with 127-128 mph traps (10 second passes) I got flamed for using RICER MATH, now all of a sudden ricer math is legit??

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 08-19-2006 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Philthy
No - I've made the group of people responsible for my car known...

Straightline Auto
Headgames Motorworks
Weston Machine
Full-Race
Robispec
Evans Tuning

The above group are some of the best in the business and VRT isn't in the same league as these guys. BUT, this isn't my issue with VRT - it's the BS and self promotion...

VRT is a back yard shop that has one good mechanic and JWT guides them all the way and does their tuning. Although there is NOTHING WRONG with this - VRT arrogance and their lack of respect for every other tuner/shop in the country is just plain wrong. Every time there’s a thread or discussion on ANYTHING the VRT crew (and the handful of VRT cheerleaders) and high jacking threads and indulging in their self promotion…

I haven’t seen VRT contribute a single thing to this forum that didn’t directly benefit or promote their 'shop'…
Phil, No offense, but Straighline Auto is FAR from the best, we fixed jobs he did.He works out of his house also..Lets not nuthug the wrong people here..I believe VRT is also a Homegrown shop for now..Also I have HEARD, that your car was 700hp, but have yet to see YOU at the track or a DYNO to porve your HP also, so lets be carefule of the stones we cast..
Old 08-19-2006, 05:51 AM
Navygolf13

MRC, I appreciate your las and agree with you completely. Philthy seems to jump up and say all these things and no onw can back him up at all.

As far as VRT not respecting any other shops that is just plain not true. Everyone there knows full well people in other shops are doing great things.

So, once I figure out how to foot the bill to upgrade my kit, I will let you guys know when it will be done and we will put this to rest for good and everyone can be happy.

Quick Reply: 600+ WHP Rev-Up...Believe It!