Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Part II Forged Performance Does It Again (Pics and Dyno)!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:29 PM
NoLimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say NO to DynoJet's!!! Say NO to DynoJets!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:58 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Say no to Dynojet corrections and big sigs!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:00 AM
GMZ

Ill be checking back in on this one. MRC likes to stir the pot from what Ive seen.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Alberto
Say no to Dynojet corrections and big sigs!
I resent that!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Julian, when will you ever give up?? We've been at the tuning game a LOT longer than most shops.....give us some credit!

Also, your assumption at a DJ reads 13% higher than a DD just just speculation, even if you do a back to back test. No two dynos are alike, and since we can't make accurate predictions of exactly what our numbers would be on a dynojet....we dont even bother trying to inflate with artificial correction. I hope your shop will eventually decide to do the same thing.

One last thing...we made 467whp...not 476whp.
No I will never give up Sharif ..
I would like to know exactly what your atmospheric corrections were as well as the ramp rate on the dyno.This would allow us to simulate exactly the same conditions and know we were all on the same page. I did find, as well as you admited to me on the phone that the temp probe , if touching something hot can inflate the atmospheric corrections. I had a N/A car make 360 whp cause of this.. You know it happens to all of us..I was not trying to discredt you or your tunning, Im sure you are an excellent tuner..However I am simply trying to evaluate the conditions you are using your DD dyno under, so as to better ouw own operation of ours.I admit you are using the DD much longer than we are, and we have seen it do some strange things with HP numbers depending on strap tension, ramp rate,and Atmoshperic corrections..
As far as Albertos comments, I will address via PM so as to keep the thread on topic...
None the less Great numbers, go back to the track with some sticky tires!!

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 08-21-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:53 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

OP:
Great stuff sir. I love seeing these PE kits make some hp. You know from your "butt dyno" what kind of power you have after the tune, I'm sure that the increase was noticeable. I am also running a stock block, non-revup, and look forward to Sharif tuning mine in the near future. I do plan on adding water meth injection, have you considered it?

Again, congrads, great car, good work Sharif.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:08 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by gringott
I do plan on adding water meth injection, have you considered it?
I have water meth injection and plan on messing around with that once we have a good tune. the first time we tried using it it didnt go so well so weve been holding off trying again. I think this will really help though, let me know how it goes im very interested in talking to somone thats running it succesfully with a utec
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KTaylor
I have water meth injection and plan on messing around with that once we have a good tune. the first time we tried using it it didnt go so well so weve been holding off trying again. I think this will really help though, let me know how it goes im very interested in talking to somone thats running it succesfully with a utec
I have been holding off on purchasing a kit due to the turbonetics kit custom fit to the Z that is supposed to be out any day now, prototyped by "a premier 350z tuner" , that kit uses it's own controller, I wanted to use the utec but others have persuaded me that a standalone controller may be better. Which kit did you purchase?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:35 AM
KTaylor

im using the cooling mist kit with aquamist injectors. i wanna use the utec and think it will work but it has been at the bottom of the list of things to mess with. hopefully soon we can get it working. as far as the turbonetivs kit that does look nice and its probally a good idea to hold of for that one.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:35 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
No I will never give up Sharif ..
I would like to know exactly what your atmospheric corrections were as well as the ramp rate on the dyno.This would allow us to simulate exactly the same conditions and know we were all on the same page. I did find, as well as you admited to me on the phone that the temp probe , if touching something hot can inflate the atmospheric corrections. I had a N/A car make 360 whp cause of this.. You know it happens to all of us..I was not trying to discredt you or your tunning, Im sure you are an excellent tuner..However I am simply trying to evaluate the conditions you are using your DD dyno under, so as to better ouw own operation of ours.I admit you are using the DD much longer than we are, and we have seen it do some strange things with HP numbers depending on strap tension, ramp rate,and Atmoshperic corrections..
As far as Albertos comments, I will address via PM so as to keep the thread on topic...
None the less Great numbers, go back to the track with some sticky tires!!
I brought up valid points and now that you have been questioned, you want to save face and keep this between PM's

Here, this is from a local Dyno Dynamics with no inflation added I caught this weekend, this is the correction you should use...Whats yours read 1.10? 1.15? For others thats what you would see on MRC's dyno--them adding 10-15% to actual dyno numbers.

BTW Julian I cant beleive I missed it especially since its so big, when did you go from claiming 673whp at 12psi to changing it to 15psi?

Last edited by Alberto; 08-21-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I brought up valid points and now that you have been questioned, you want to save face and keep this between PM's
Guys, I just think Julian is having a bad weak... Just lay off of him till he realizes it. If you push him too hard, he'll threaten you with his guns...

Great job Sharif!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:55 AM
TENGAI

Rule #1: never sling **** in a monkey cage. Too easy for everyone to get involved.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by S1AMEZE
Rule #1: never sling **** in a monkey cage. Too easy for everyone to get involved.
That is actually the funniest thing I have heard in a while..
Alberto, your personal quest to discredit me is so funny..I no longer plan on replying to any of your posts since you suck me in the usual drama..
The point I wm trying to make, is a Dyno Dynamics, and a Dynapack BOTH can be simply manipulated by the end user. I know cause I have experienced it....And as said in one of the VRT threads, the "ramp up rate" can be dialed up or down on a load based dyno, this would give the end user contol over the load on the rollers. For those who do not know what ramp up rate is, it is the rate at which the load device on the dyno will allow the car to ramp up the rpm range..Generally lower for N/A cars and higher for F/I cars..For example 110km per second may be ideal for a car in the 290-390 hp range, but for a car in the 500-600 rpm range if you ramp up at 110km per second, you will tear the tires up on the rollers..A typical ramp up rate for a 500whp car would be 140km per second and so upwards for more HP. This will allow the dyno run to last aproximately 10-12 seconds during tunning to simulate a good load based pull.At this point the engine will do whatever its going to do on the street to an extent...
What I am saying is there are so many variable on a dyno that dyno numbers mean nothing anymore...The long standing debate of corections applied is silly(generally however we set ours to 1.13 if the customer so wants to see DJ numbers)..The only true way to please everyone is to post dyno numbers side by side from every dyno made..This of course is not feasable in most cases.
Back on topic, nice numbers..Good luck at the track..I appologize for Alberto's behavior to my original post, he oviously has something to prove..
As far as sharif, keep up the good work, and please let me know how you set your ramp rate and Atmospheric corrections so that we may compare notes.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Here, this is from a local Dyno Dynamics with no inflation added I caught this weekend, this is the correction you should use...Whats yours read 1.10? 1.15? For others thats what you would see on MRC's dyno--them adding 10-15% to actual dyno numbers.

BTW Julian I cant beleive I missed it especially since its so big, when did you go from claiming 673whp at 12psi to changing it to 15psi?
Got a screen shot of the Atmospheric corrections?A simple point or two on the barometer can make a 10-40% difference in how it corrects..
Old 08-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I have nothing to prove. Im not a shop that goes around advertising false numbers, or claiming I own a 10 sec Z like you have done and continue to do. If anybody needs to prove something its your 673whp @ 12psi claim, today its up to 15psi, so which one was/is it? Your adjusted numbers/claims are silly, I wouldnt expect it from a shop such as MRC. I dont need to discredit you, you do it to yourself/MRC, I simply think its funny when you stir things up I bring up valid points/comments suddenly you want to play nice...in the end we all shouldnt be arguing, we should be helping each other. I hope in the future respected Z tuners like yourself and Forged can agree on a "Z standard" for getting/posting dyno numbers, it would be better for everybody.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Got a screen shot of the Atmospheric corrections?A simple point or two on the barometer can make a 10-40% difference in how it corrects..
Nope dont know the exact settings, all I know its temp adjusted. I highly doubt a simple barometer correction would change numbers 40%, anybody care to chime in on this?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:45 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Alberto you are an angry little man
Old 08-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

That couldnt be furthest from the truth why cant people post opinions/facts around here without people getting panties in a wad? Are we guys on a car forum or a "how to deal with PMS" website? Why sugar coat things and be PC?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:54 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

That couldnt be furthest from the truth why cant people post opinions/facts around here without people getting panties in a wad? Are we guys on a car forum or a "how to deal with PMS" website? Why sugar coat things and be PC?
i don't understand how you can equate that with my personality when people are calling me a d!ck in threads in this very forum... i for one don't sugar coat things are care about other people's feelings, however... you seem to go after the same people all the time (VRT and MRC) and if thats not the case you are telling people that they can't drive for ****... Street racing forum.. thats your main argument.. get some time slips.. get some time slips... it appears what you seem to be good at must be the gold standard for how everyone's car is measured.

why is it that VRT's amazing ability to drive cars around a road course can't be a measurement for a cars power? what? because its all driver skill? newsflash bert... Drag Racing is driver skill... just because you know how to drag race and you have good times... everyone else is a ****ty driver or their car isn't as advertised. Last time i checked... a dyno was the measurement for power.. not trap speed or 1/4 mile time
Old 08-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I have never insulted a person who honestly doesnt have track experience. I dont like people who make claims and cant back them up, so for some I will get nasty-for you to act like I "talk down" to people is a joke. A dyno is a tool, and the way the forums are turning into a "whos got a bigger d!ck/dyno" is a joke. A 1/4 trap can in fact prove/disprove numbers, unfortunately a driver can also. Dont even get me started on VRT, Im addressing my issues with Julian as he is questioning numbers (dyno and track) when he is the last person on this site who should given his record recently. What was your point in this thread other than to drop a worthless comment again? You seem to be good at doing that...

Quick Reply: Part II Forged Performance Does It Again (Pics and Dyno)!!!!