Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Part II Forged Performance Does It Again (Pics and Dyno)!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:06 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I have never insulted a person who honestly doesnt have track experience. I dont like people who make claims and cant back them up, so for some I will get nasty-for you to act like I "talk down" to people is a joke.
Alberto... its not secret you feel you are the king of drag racing.. and anyone who isn't running close to you can't drive. you do it in the Street forum, you do it in the ST vs TT threads, you do it in the dyno threads.. you do it all day long

A dyno is a tool, and the way the forums are turning into a "whos got a bigger d!ck/dyno" is a joke.
unfortunately a dyno is the only tool that gives a good estimation of a car's power.. if you feel its a waste you should boycott using dyno's all together.. then we can all bring our cars to you.. you can run them down the 1/4 mile and tell us how much power we are running

A 1/4 trap can in fact prove/disprove numbers, unfortunately a driver can also.
trap is so damn hairy... so many factors can influence trap... tire size... track prep conditions... trap speed at the track has more holes in it than a dyno

Dont even get me started on VRT, Im addressing my issues with Julian as he is questioning numbers (dyno and track) when he is the last person on this site who should given his record recently.
its no secret you question everyone except AAM.. this isn't your first Alberto vs VRT or Alberto vs MRC thread... as a matter a fact.. i see you started with Noah w/ Performance Motorsports recently too... i guess one by one you are taking out shops

What was your point in this thread other than to drop a worthless comment again? You seem to be good at doing that...
yes my comment is worthless because it questions your attitude and comments.. but when you do it.. its definately worth while..

lets all bow down to Alberto the almighty drag racer..

you still havn't answer my comment about you selling your Turbo Kit or why you put it up for sale... or did you get rid of the thread to save face because of all the Turbonetics and ST nut swinging you have done in the past
Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope dont know the exact settings, all I know its temp adjusted. I highly doubt a simple barometer correction would change numbers 40%, anybody care to chime in on this?
This right here shows you lack of Dyno knowledge and experience....A barometer of say 30.00 will correct less atmospheric correction than say a barometer of 28.00 or 27.00....This also proves that you either cant read or read what you want, considering you so qood at quoting people, I cant understand why you would only quote parts of what I say.. What I said was 10-40% not 40%....depends on how big of a barometer drop there is..
Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
No I will never give up Sharif ..
I would like to know exactly what your atmospheric corrections were as well as the ramp rate on the dyno.This would allow us to simulate exactly the same conditions and know we were all on the same page. I did find, as well as you admited to me on the phone that the temp probe , if touching something hot can inflate the atmospheric corrections. I had a N/A car make 360 whp cause of this.. You know it happens to all of us..I was not trying to discredt you or your tunning, Im sure you are an excellent tuner..However I am simply trying to evaluate the conditions you are using your DD dyno under, so as to better ouw own operation of ours.I admit you are using the DD much longer than we are, and we have seen it do some strange things with HP numbers depending on strap tension, ramp rate,and Atmoshperic corrections..
As far as Albertos comments, I will address via PM so as to keep the thread on topic...
None the less Great numbers, go back to the track with some sticky tires!!
A long time ago, we fell victim to the temp-probe-touching-a-hot-surface issue. I pay close attention to air inlet temps, to make sure the probe is properly situated...and it was. IIRC, standard atmospheric correction on these runs was about 10%....90+ degrees outside...etc..etc. On cold days in the winter, the correction would be about -10%.

When you and i have both spent nearly $50K on these dynos....I still think its best to trust those smart Australian engineers, and let the numbers stand as they are intended to...no extra correction.

And Julian, in case you havent noticed, I have never challenged your dyno numbers, even though they are much more extraordinary. I wish you would extend me the same professional courtesy.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Doug - you have a personal issue with me or are you just bored? When I post something I have a point/reason behind it. Ill agree recently its been a lot toward MRC, but its because of the constant dyno number corerction (he brought up) crap, I use what I know as an example and you disagree so be it. Its funny you take the time to analyze what I post, clam down and relax a little. Since you have time Id love for you to try to find 1 post by me where I state Im a drag king, or anything near that, people (like you) simply like to think that I am-what I do is not special, but thanks for the attention you have brought to me

Regarding my own car, who do you think you are in questioning/going from post to post asking about it when its clear I wont answer? Its under construction, and when all done Ill post about it ALL, feel free to get down on me then....for what its worth, I dont nutswing TN or AAM, or any shop, I always give credit to good comapnies I deal with and will do the same if I deal with some BS. You can conitune to think what you want of me, I couldnt give a rats a$$...thanks for really taking this thread OT.

OP-I apologize, you have a sick car with a good tune. Id love to see some 1/4times with race rubber in the future the car has tons more in it, that ride musta been scary with no traction. 2.8 60ft = SPINFEST!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
A long time ago, we fell victim to the temp-probe-touching-a-hot-surface issue. I pay close attention to air inlet temps, to make sure the probe is properly situated...and it was. IIRC, standard atmospheric correction on these runs was about 10%....90+ degrees outside...etc..etc. On cold days in the winter, the correction would be about -10%.

When you and i have both spent nearly $50K on these dynos....I still think its best to trust those smart Australian engineers, and let the numbers stand as they are intended to...no extra correction.

And Julian, in case you havent noticed, I have never challenged your dyno numbers, even though they are much more extraordinary. I wish you would extend me the same professional courtesy.
Sharif,
My car made 580 uncorrected with a 1.05 Atmospheric correction..What does that sound like??
Old 08-21-2006, 08:32 AM
doug

Doug - you have a personal issue with me or are you just bored? When I post something I have a point/reason behind it. Ill agree recently its been a lot toward MRC, but its because of the constant dyno number corerction (he brought up) crap, I use what I know as an example and you disagree so be it. Its funny you take the time to analyze what I post, clam down and relax a little. Since you have time Id love for you to try to find 1 post by me where I state Im a drag king, or anything near that, people (like you) simply like to think that I am-what I do is not special, but thanks for the attention you have brought to me
I have no problems with you.. i have no problems with anyone here... just like you.. i sit back and observe.. then i give my opinions of what i see... you might not see it.. but as an outsider looking in.. i am telling you what i observe.. I observe alot on this forum.. doesn't mean i am attacking anyone..

what i observe?

I notice everytime someone asks about a turbo kit... Navygolf and other VRT followers suggest JWT and tell them to go to VRT .. even if they are cross country then ship it.. don't worry..

I notice that noah use to work for AAM now he works for performance motorsports and every other post from him now is buy a JWT kit..

I notice that you and Brian (BriGuyMax.. and brian can't take offense because i have known him for years) judge everyone based on their 1/4 mile times... why? becasue you both are excellent drag racers...

I notice that everytime a APS Kit breaks... Chimmike, Craig, yourself and a couple other TN owners jump in and say something..

I notice that everytime a TN Kit breaks... Zivman jumps in and says something..

I notice alot alberto.. doesn't mean i have beef with people here...

Regarding my own car, who do you think you are in questioning/going from post to post asking about it when its clear I wont answer? Its under construction, and when all done Ill post about it ALL, feel free to get down on me then....for what its worth, I dont nutswing TN or AAM, or any shop, I always give credit to good comapnies I deal with and will do the same if I deal with some BS. You can conitune to think what you want of me, I couldnt give a rats a$$...thanks for really taking this thread OT.
Alberto... if you were concerned about people finding out that you were selling your turbo kit.. you should have never posted it for sale.. its a public forum.. did you not think someone would see it?

Alberto please don't get upset over my observations.. they are meerly observations.. i just tell you what i see.. no need to get upset and run off pissed.

Alberto i really don't have time to look up your other posts on how many times you tell others they can't drive.. everyone knows that you do it.. and its not just Julian... maybe one day when i am bored i will gather the information for you
Old 08-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Doug-you certainly do observe, as you have just posted the history of the forums lol. I guess you dont understand the point Im trying to make? Or dont agree with how Im doing it? I can post/sell anything I want on a public forum, what else I share is up to me, as you should know by now, Ill post up my situation when the time comes, thats all I have to say about that. For the record I have no problem with you, I just dont like these comments you sometimes make in threads that add nothing to the situation.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:39 AM
doug

Doug-you certainly do observe, as you have just posted the history of the forums lol. I guess you dont understand the point Im trying to make? Or dont agree with how Im doing it? I can post/sell anything I want on a public forum, what else I share is up to me, as you should know by now, Ill post up my situation when the time comes, thats all I have to say about that. For the record I have no problem with you, I just dont like these comments you sometimes make in threads that add nothing to the situation.
they are meerly observations my good man... i don't care if you tone them down.. or turn them up... i just like to make observations..

why couple days ago.. I called HotImportGirl out on her bf's statement that he lets her post without searching because they will answer her quicker...

everyone called me a d!ck... all the leg humpers in the thread called me a d!ck and an ahole and that someone will fck me up some day in the near future..

but hey.. i like to observe and i am not shy about it.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Sharif,
My car made 580 uncorrected with a 1.05 Atmospheric correction..What does that sound like??
At what boost level? You first claimed 12psi, now 15psi what is the truth?!

And why dont you stop PM'ing me questions I dont have answers to? Ask Sharif himself the things you want to know. I had an issue/observation/question with/toward you, and I asked you for answers. So please dont come to me wanting answers on behalf of another person/shop....why cant people ask questions around here without people blowing up?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:44 AM
wtf no turbo

Alberto your car running yet?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
Alberto your car running yet?
Few posts up...

Regarding my own car..... Its under construction, and when all done Ill post about it ALL
How is yours coming along? What kit did you decide on? Feel free to PM if you dont want to hijack/post in public.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:48 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
they are meerly observations my good man... i don't care if you tone them down.. or turn them up... i just like to make observations..

why couple days ago.. I called HotImportGirl out on her bf's statement that he lets her post without searching because they will answer her quicker...

everyone called me a d!ck... all the leg humpers in the thread called me a d!ck and an ahole and that someone will fck me up some day in the near future..

but hey.. i like to observe and i am not shy about it.
I observed that thread = understand that there are some desperatly horny dudes on here who will suck up to any woman in the chance that they will be thrown a bone like a dog. Pathetic, really.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Sharif,
That sounds like a very solid number...good job!

To answer your previous post..the ramp rate was set at 140. And as an FYI, even on an FI car, a lower or higher ramp rate does not materially change the peak number. It will change how the turbo spools, and the associated change of the trq curve build up. Try it for yourself. Make one run at 160 ramp rate, and another at 130 ramp rate...you numbers will be close..assuming your AF ratio doesnt change. The only factor, is that with different loads, the AF ratio can change, and this will change the whp. But we are doing all the tuning on this particular car, with the same ramp rate..and I already posted by AF chart as well.

If you want to maintain consistently, Julian...turn your extra correction to 1.00 (no correction), and run your standard atmo correction...whatever that is on a given day.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

At what boost level? You first claimed 12psi, now 15psi what is the truth?!

And why dont you stop PM'ing me questions I dont have answers to? Ask Sharif himself the things you want to know. I had an issue/observation/question with/toward you, and I asked you for answers. So please dont come to me wanting answers on behalf of another person/shop....why cant people ask questions around here without people blowing up?
We we actually running 15 psi, we had a problem with the boost line going to the dyno, so we thought we were running 12 psi, but it was actually 15.5 ish, now were running 18.5-19 psi and have yet to re dyno..Please leave me the **** alone now...
Old 08-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

We we actually running 15 psi, we had a problem with the boost line going to the dyno, so we thought we were running 12 psi, but it was actually 15.5 ish, now were running 18.5-19 psi and have yet to re dyno..Please leave me the **** alone now...
LMFAO Ok, Julian no problem thanks for the honest answer. That sounds legit and acceptable, wasnt that hard was it? <-----dont answer that I dont want to keep you going
Old 08-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
That sounds like a very solid number...good job!

To answer your previous post..the ramp rate was set at 140. And as an FYI, even on an FI car, a lower or higher ramp rate does not materially change the peak number. It will change how the turbo spools, and the associated change of the trq curve build up. Try it for yourself. Make one run at 160 ramp rate, and another at 130 ramp rate...you numbers will be close..assuming your AF ratio doesnt change. The only factor, is that with different loads, the AF ratio can change, and this will change the whp. But we are doing all the tuning on this particular car, with the same ramp rate..and I already posted by AF chart as well.

If you want to maintain consistently, Julian...turn your extra correction to 1.00 (no correction), and run your standard atmo correction...whatever that is on a given day.
we tried playing with the ramp rates, however the car breaks loose on the dyno when we try to hold it back from ramping as fast..We have the thing strapped to thre hilts and it comes halfway out of the rollers....If we run 120-130 ramp rate the tires chew up at 5000-8000 rpms.. We generally run my car at 150 ramp rate to get a full clean run with no slip..
Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by doug
i don't understand how you can equate that with my personality when people are calling me a d!ck in threads in this very forum... i for one don't sugar coat things are care about other people's feelings, however... you seem to go after the same people all the time (VRT and MRC) and if thats not the case you are telling people that they can't drive for ****... Street racing forum.. thats your main argument.. get some time slips.. get some time slips... it appears what you seem to be good at must be the gold standard for how everyone's car is measured.

why is it that VRT's amazing ability to drive cars around a road course can't be a measurement for a cars power? what? because its all driver skill? newsflash bert... Drag Racing is driver skill... just because you know how to drag race and you have good times... everyone else is a ****ty driver or their car isn't as advertised. Last time i checked... a dyno was the measurement for power.. not trap speed or 1/4 mile time
Doug, when are you going to stop sucking Julian's dick you f0cking fhagg0t.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:10 AM
doug

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Doug, when are you going to stop sucking Julian's dick you f0cking fhagg0t.
right after your sister adds me to her myspace friends list
Old 08-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Gman2004

I am going to make my own thread, but it seems appropriate to post here as well. About a month ago Sam from GTM tuned my car on Sharif's dyno. I made 510whp and 490ft/tq @ 16psi with an a/f of 11.4-11.5. Today I took my car to a local dyno jet and I made 526whp and 526ft/tq @ 16 psi with an a/f of 10.7. This was SAE corrected with 1.02. So you see there's not much of a difference between a dyno jet and dyno dynamics. If you add 25 or so hp because of the lower a/f I would be at 550whp and 550ft/tq which is not even 10% more than what I orginally did on Sharif's dyno.

I will post a new thread with the new dyno graphs.

Last edited by Gman2004; 08-21-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I am going to make my own thread, but it seems appropriate to post here as well. About a month ago Sam from GTM tuned my car on Sharif's dyno. I made 510whp and 490ft/tq @ 16psi with an a/f of 11.4-11.5. Today I took my car to a local dyno jet and I made 526whp and 526ft/tq @ 16 psi with an a/f of 10.7. This was SAE corrected with 1.02. So you see there's not much of a difference between a dyno jet and dyno dynamics. If you add 25 or so hp because of the lower a/f I would be at 550whp and 550ft/tq which is not even 10% more than what I orginally did on Sharif's dyno.

I will post a new thread with the new dyno graphs.
I am so happy someone finally did this! Adds to my point, that adding artificial correction is a bad idea...IMHO. Adding additional correction is nothing more than a guess...so why even bother?

Quick Reply: Part II Forged Performance Does It Again (Pics and Dyno)!!!!