Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

HELP! I just got my PE 380CC injectors with no o-rings or spacers, suggestions plz

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006 | 11:19 AM
MIAPLAYA

Cheston: The spacers/adaptors are $5/each at MSRP. Call Sharif and I'm sure he will give you an even better price then that
Old 08-22-2006 | 02:46 PM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Cheston: The spacers/adaptors are $5/each at MSRP. Call Sharif and I'm sure he will give you an even better price then that

why would he still need them if spacers are only for the 510cc?
Old 08-22-2006 | 02:58 PM
gringott

The PE manual says you put the spacers in there. The kit comes with spacers and 380 injectors.
Old 08-22-2006 | 03:35 PM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by gringott
The PE manual says you put the spacers in there. The kit comes with spacers and 380 injectors.

Thats wierd, when i called PE this morning a rep said the manual was for the 510cc. He also stated that the 380cc were suppose to be brown and not blue but stated that 380cc wont need the spacers period.

I also bought my injectors used and the person that sold them to me assure me that it never came with any. So ill find out this wkend when my injectors get put in (crossing fingers).
Old 08-22-2006 | 04:30 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
why would he still need them if spacers are only for the 510cc?
I think Cheston is running 510s anyways...
Old 08-22-2006 | 05:34 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

^^^

the spacers off the 380s (which.. came with the kit) slide on perfect to my JDM STI injectors (cough cough Denso 550s) that is going into my engine build.

the thing is.. if PE 380s dont need the spacers... why include them ? i though they were necessary to maintain proper distance away from the chamber....

who did u talk to at PE USA?

The spacers/adaptors are $5/each at MSRP
GOod GOd.. foh sho i will be mfg my own via my uncle's CNC shop if they're that much.

group buy anyone? ;P
Old 08-22-2006 | 05:58 PM
spazpilot

When I puchased the PE 380 injectors it did come with those bottom spacers. I found no way on how they would fit on my 350z. When I talked to PE USA (there phone if any one wants to ask 949-752-0645) I was told that the bottom spacers were for a different car application and not to be used on the Z. So they were thrown away and never installed.
Old 08-22-2006 | 08:01 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Chebosto
^^^

the spacers off the 380s (which.. came with the kit) slide on perfect to my JDM STI injectors (cough cough Denso 550s) that is going into my engine build.

the thing is.. if PE 380s dont need the spacers... why include them ? i though they were necessary to maintain proper distance away from the chamber....

who did u talk to at PE USA?

GOod GOd.. foh sho i will be mfg my own via my uncle's CNC shop if they're that much.

group buy anyone? ;P
To put this in perspective the MSRP on the G35 kit is $6k +. No one pays MSRP. Call Sharif and he can get you a good price on them...
Old 08-23-2006 | 01:57 AM
AParshall04

UPDATE!!!

I started my car today and fuel flowed all over out of the engine, the only thing i can point to is my injectors. Either the stock gaskets used with the 380cc injectors don't work or i need the spacers or a combination of both!!!

I think im going to order a set of all of them tomorrow and have them overnighted. Time is of the essence! I have school starting on monday...IN SAN DIEGO....I'm in Sacramento right now and i've already flown down there once, this is getting expensive.
Old 08-23-2006 | 01:33 PM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Hows this for a hookup. Call a Turbonetics dealer. Tell them you need to order part numbers 21210 Qty: 6 and 21211 Qty:6. Those are the spacers and adaptors you need. Turbonetics uses Denso injectors on the Z kit just like the PE kit. Those will fit perfectly. The o rings you will need to order from McMaster Carr. Don't say I never did nothing for you FYI those part numbers and pics are also in the install structs HERE
Miaplaya thanks for all the info you gave me here, it's been a big help today. I'm having a really hard time locating these right now, the dealers havn't been too helpful. I also contacted PE directly today and they said theyre supposed to call me back at 6pm . That's pretty late, i was hoping to have this stuff overnight so i'd be here tomorrow but apparently that's not going to happen anymore.

School starts for me in SD on monday! crap.
Old 08-23-2006 | 02:00 PM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by AParshall04
UPDATE!!!

I started my car today and fuel flowed all over out of the engine, the only thing i can point to is my injectors. Either the stock gaskets used with the 380cc injectors don't work or i need the spacers or a combination of both!!!

I think im going to order a set of all of them tomorrow and have them overnighted. Time is of the essence! I have school starting on monday...IN SAN DIEGO....I'm in Sacramento right now and i've already flown down there once, this is getting expensive.
Let me know where u get the spacers and the price bc chances are i will need them also.
Old 08-23-2006 | 02:20 PM
MIAPLAYA

Miaplaya thanks for all the info you gave me here, it's been a big help today. I'm having a really hard time locating these right now, the dealers havn't been too helpful. I also contacted PE directly today and they said theyre supposed to call me back at 6pm . That's pretty late, i was hoping to have this stuff overnight so i'd be here tomorrow but apparently that's not going to happen anymore.

School starts for me in SD on monday! crap.
I would call Sharif stat. He is a Turbonetics dealer and should be able to order these quick fast like. Just make sure you give him the part numbers and qty6 of each.
Old 08-23-2006 | 02:25 PM
AParshall04

I got stillen to overnight me the spacers and adaptors
Old 08-23-2006 | 02:26 PM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
Let me know where u get the spacers and the price bc chances are i will need them also.
They were $5 each. I ordered the spacers and adaptors, well see if both are needed.

Also i was told the stock o rings are fine. Problem is i broke one of the stock o rings. The stock bottom o rings are black with a teal stripe. When i removed the top o-ring (all black) it appeared to be the same exact o-ring, only minus that stripe so i used one of those with the PE injectors. Maybe this is my problem?
Old 08-23-2006 | 02:31 PM
MIAPLAYA

They were $5 each. I ordered the spacers and adaptors, well see if both are needed.

Also i was told the stock o rings are fine. Problem is i broke one of the stock o rings. The stock bottom o rings are black with a teal stripe. When i removed the top o-ring (all black) it appeared to be the same exact o-ring, only minus that stripe so i used one of those with the PE injectors. Maybe this is my problem?
You need o rings on both sides of the injectors top and bottom. You also need both spacers and adaptors. I would go down to the local hardware strore and see if they have an pack of orings. They typically come in a pack of various sizes. Take one down with you and try to buy as many of that size as you can.
Old 08-24-2006 | 12:44 AM
AParshall04

UPDATE:
Fixed the clutch problem

Removed the injectors AGAIN (PIA to take the intake manifolds off AGAIN) and noticed that the top o-rings that came with the PE 380cc injectors were VERY VERY worn in a few spots on a few of the injectors. One top o-ring that was on one of the PE 380s was so worn that it was close to wearing completely through the rubber at one point. I think this may have been my major problem. I removed these crappy o-rings and replaced them with some of the o-rings pulled off my stock injectors. They feel and look to be the same exact o-rings on the stock injectors as on the PEs.
Once again the adaptors and spacers should be here tomorrow, so if all goes well i should be driving the car. (I've said that like 100 times...it's getting old lol)
Old 08-24-2006 | 02:08 AM
MIAPLAYA

UPDATE:
Fixed the clutch problem

Removed the injectors AGAIN (PIA to take the intake manifolds off AGAIN) and noticed that the top o-rings that came with the PE 380cc injectors were VERY VERY worn in a few spots on a few of the injectors. One top o-ring that was on one of the PE 380s was so worn that it was close to wearing completely through the rubber at one point. I think this may have been my major problem. I removed these crappy o-rings and replaced them with some of the o-rings pulled off my stock injectors. They feel and look to be the same exact o-rings on the stock injectors as on the PEs.
Once again the adaptors and spacers should be here tomorrow, so if all goes well i should be driving the car. (I've said that like 100 times...it's getting old lol)
The o rings will be the same. When you install the Turbonetics kit it asks you to move the stock o rings over to the new injectors.
Old 08-24-2006 | 03:22 AM
gringott

Miaplaya, you are the big help guy.
Old 08-24-2006 | 03:23 AM
MIAPLAYA

Always glad to help out!!

Edit: I just noticed you live in Kentucky. I'm actually at the airport waiting to board a plane to fly to London, Knetucky for a friends wedding. Where in Kentucky are you located? We are flying into Louisville in an hour and then driving to the Makers Mark distillery after that. Then on to London.
Old 08-24-2006 | 11:24 AM
AParshall04

Look who's talking! You and miaplaya have been the tag team duo helping me out.

Quick Reply: HELP! I just got my PE 380CC injectors with no o-rings or spacers, suggestions plz