Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Zincognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=4SHIZZIL G-SPOT][quote=superchargedg]
Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Last I check, all you fools have paid AAM at one point or another, including me. So they are deffinately successful at getting all our money...lol.
QUOTE]

You know I have always been a fan of your car since the first I heard and saw it. You are the only FI customer that doesnt complain about issues with going FI. Its so funny how the Stillen gets NO LOVE or RESPECT from the FI guys, yet your car has NEVER missed a meet due to engine or maintenance issues. I have much respect for you, your car and your choice of FI particularly with your attitude about the power. Its not the fastest, but its so much more fun than stock, and while the TT's can catch up (STILLEN OUT THE HOLE IS NUTS) in the 1/4, you will pass then on the way home from the track after they throw a rod or a turbo starts to leak. The only way I will go with the turbo set up at this point, is if I get twins for dirt cheap from an unfortunate chap, parting out his or her car. I will be running like 5-6psi at the max!
The only STILLEN issue I have heard of was that you have to replace belts every now and then for squeeking (cosmetic if you ask me), but thats doable on the side of the highway if needed, with the right tools in the turnk.

STILLEN, SET IT AND FORGET IT. SUPA-G, when I finally break down and buy this dammmm thing, I will need some assistance slapping her on. I trust with a sober ride home (my wife who doesnt drink) you will help me throw back a few and install it one weekend? I have built F-15 for 6 years, but I am so picky about my baby that I am hessitant to play with it majorly thus far.

I paid about 250.00 total for the AAM spacer and K&N, they didnt get me for much more than if I could of done it myself or order it online. In some cases, I would still get work done there. In most cases, for now today, I would not, but tomorrow is a new day. I think MIKE has heard the jury.
WTF are you talking about? Not to be a dick man but FI is FI no matter how you put it. If you think that by installing a Stillen SC and thats it youre in a big surprise. Ask any of the FI guys what is involved on a regular basis as far as just maintenance......you gotta be crazy to talk **** about TT..
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zincognito
WTF are you talking about? Not to be a dick man but FI is FI no matter how you put it. If you think that by installing a Stillen SC and thats it youre in a big surprise. Ask any of the FI guys what is involved on a regular basis as far as just maintenance......you gotta be crazy to talk **** about TT..
I'm pretty sure he meant that a Stillen S/C will be more reliable then a turbo charged anything. I don't think he was trying to bash any of the TTs of STs out there.

edit: sorry keith the quote thing had quote within a quote and somehow I had you commenting for someone else ... fixed.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 10-13-2006 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:43 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You dont know me

[QUOTE=Zincognito][quote=4SHIZZIL G-SPOT]
Originally Posted by superchargedg

Ask any of the FI guys what is involved on a regular basis as far as just maintenance......you gotta be crazy to talk **** about TT..

ZIN, read my post again Rain Man. I know a lot about FI,most all the G's and Z's I hang with is FI not N/A player (I am the only slow poke), trust me. The Stillen SC is the lowest maintenance, FI solution out there. If you qualify NITRO as FI (which I dont) then that by far is the least (spark plug changes). Head to head the TT's have a ton more of issues and maintenance that the STILLEN SC. Every, not most, not some, every TT guy I know is always having to adjust, retune, detune, replace, back off, or change something on thier car. Any TT owner disagree with me? Any Stillen owners disagree with my statements about the Stillen?

Im not saying that TT arent the badest (in a good way) set ups to have, they are just more involved than I think its worth. To go fast you could just press a button if you wanted to be lazy, Im not that lazy, but like I have mentioned before, down time for my ride isnt an option. I drive my car, that is why I bought, not to let on-looking customers admire my set-up and rims while it sits in the shop on a lift.

IF I am wrong , please someone (TT or STILLEN SC owner) advise me other wise?

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 10-13-2006 at 03:02 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 AM
BobbyRitz

Maybe you could start a thread on it...for more visibility.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:03 AM
wperdigon

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
Hey William,

Nice to see you here. I was hoping you would appear. It wasn't my position to discuss your exit, but I'm glad you set the record straight.

Hey whats going on =-

I am still in the loop - I was around before I was with AAM and I'm still around - just on the other boards like Fresh Alloy, V board, and Ninper
Old 10-13-2006, 11:08 AM
wperdigon

Originally Posted by Integrity
Oh why not... me too. I also know the guy I replaced quit over not getting paid. Considering I never filled out a W2, I shouldn't have been surprised.

What ever happened to Alex?

Which one of us was it? There are a few of us that we had to pull teeth ya know
Old 10-13-2006, 11:09 AM
wperdigon

you know Frank is still a good tech and he works there - shame all this negativity surrounds his awesome work...
Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by wperdigon
Which one of us was it? There are a few of us that we had to pull teeth ya know
I believe his name was Dennis.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:43 AM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by Integrity
Oh why not... me too. I also know the guy I replaced quit over not getting paid. Considering I never filled out a W2, I shouldn't have been surprised.

What ever happened to Alex?
I hear this is a consistent theme there...maybe Mike should sell the e55 and recently purchased boat (so I'm told) to make payroll.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:46 AM
chimmike

It's curious how this thread has stayed open for so long...............
Old 10-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Zincognito

Maybe you could start a thread on it...for more visibility.
actually, i wouldnt mind seeing what kind of stories both sides have to say....
Old 10-13-2006, 01:31 PM
NoahzBurnt

Well my opinion is stated is a new thread for those interested!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Row2K

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

If you guys want to dig up some dirt on AAM and read up on some screwed over customers, then just head right over to the 3000GT forum -> 3si.org and just run a search on altered atmosphere....lots of love for them on that forum ...hint hint , sarcasm.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:53 AM
BobbyRitz

Like this one?

http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread....8&page=2&pp=10

or this one?

http://www.3si.org/forum/printthread.php?t=224090

Seems like they wore their welcome out in the 3000 community and decided that bad customer service and results are more befitting of the 350z community.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
BobbyRitz

Here's a PM dated 10/10/06 from Mike:

Rob,

I'll take a look at your tickets tomorrow to see what we charged you.

With the UTEC NA I do not know any shops that use the headphones. When you originally purchased your UTEC you had mentioned you had future plans for FI.

I do know two other popular 350Z HKS F-Con tuners (even with FI cars) haven't been using headphones beause I went over how to use the headphones with one of them this past week.

I'll take a look at your tickets tomorrow, and I will let you know if the charges are in line.

Mike

This was in response to my earlier post:

Interesting. When I purchased UTEC and the Tuner Reg. Pro from you, (because you said TurboXS was out of the standard Tuner Reg-note for those who aren't from the area-TurboXS is right around the corner from AAM) you never hooked the headphones up while tuning my car.

I guess my NA goals weren't as important to you. I bet the tuning charge was the same per hour though.
If you sold me a tuner that provides you with the opportunity to use headsets, why wouldn't you? I really don't care what other shops are doing, my car was with you.

By the way, I have yet to from you Mike (surprise!!!). I can only believe that you FINALLY realize that I'm right in everything that I've said about AAM.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-14-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:34 PM
MIAPLAYA

Not to fan the flames but is AAM going to respond to this at all? I'd like to hear what they have to say about all this... I'm not siding with anyone I just want to see both sides chime in.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:36 PM
BobbyRitz

You and me both, Mia...

Their house of cards has fallen with the 3000GT community. Maybe they'll switch to the Supra community when the new model comes out.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:38 PM
MIAPLAYA

You and me both, Mia...

Their house of cards has fallen with the 3000GT community. Maybe they'll switch to the Supra community when the new model comes out.
Did you say new Supra oh noes...
Old 10-14-2006, 12:39 PM
BobbyRitz

I hear you...hopefully they do their homework and review AAM's record with the 3000GT and 350z communities.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

I hear you...hopefully they do their homework and review AAM's record with the 3000GT and 350z communities.
It did seem a bit odd that all of a sudden they were doing close out type pricing on their fuel kit.

Quick Reply: Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!