Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

How does the APS TT Tuner kit compare to the Greddy TT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:55 PM
koolzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does the APS TT Tuner kit compare to the Greddy TT?

I've been considering going with the Greddy TT but I started reading about the APS TT Tuner kit and it sounds like it's pretty similar to the Greddy. The thing I dislike the most about the greddy is having to remove the front bumper brace. I don't plan on crashing into stuff but it would be nice to not compromise the safety of the vehicle.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:09 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

wait.... aps doesn't have a tunner kit option..i am pretty sure could be wrong

i believe there is a mod to have a front bumper brace
THe greddy intercooler is one of the nicest out there
Old 10-21-2006, 01:14 PM
koolzero

Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have personally owned both kits and currenty have a G35 running the standard APS TT kit and I love it. In my OPINION the APS kit is OVERALL better than the GReddy for a few reasons. Vertical row intercooler design, water cooled ball bearing turbos, stainless steel piping, better over fit, and as you mentioned retaining the factory bumper brace. Both kits are great I am just stating why I personally favor the APS. In the end the decision is up to you, and we are here to help regardless of which path you choose

There are 3 APS Twin Turbo Kits available:

APS TT Tuner Kit
APS TT Standard Kit ( orignal released )
APS Extreme Turbo Kit ( Larger turbos, extreme fuel system, etc...)

Let me know if you need a qoute on any of these.

-George
GT Motorsports

Last edited by GTM; 10-21-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The APS Tuner kit comes fitted with 12psi actuators, which will probably deliver about 10-11psi after factoring in piping and intercooler losses.

The OEM crash bar can be modified to fit, but it does take about 3 hours.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:14 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
i am sure its hella worth it though
Old 10-21-2006, 06:15 PM
thawk408

The APS Tuner kit comes fitted with 12psi actuators, which will probably deliver about 10-11psi after factoring in piping and intercooler losses.

Would cutting the stock brace kinda defeat the purpose of it? I figured it would make it a lot weaker and would not be able to use the tow hook.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:51 PM
seeulater

I am really interested in the converstion and this is where I am at right now with my car. I want to go to twins but I dont know what to do (well I do but cant decide). I think I am going to go with APS and since I live so close to Chicago and that is where a professional installer is located but you never know.

I would love to hear more about all of this so I hope more people chime in.

As of now I am prepping for the twins and I dont really know where to go with the clutch. I am sure if anyone can add any experiences with different clutches it will add to this thread!

SeeULater
Old 10-21-2006, 07:03 PM
al v

If I would do all over again, will go with the greddy kit , you only need a new fuel pump , a complete fuel return system ,and a UTEC.
The APS TT is a good kit, but have some issues like the bad design in the turbo oil return lines......
Old 10-21-2006, 09:12 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by al v
If I would do all over again, will go with the greddy kit , you only need a new fuel pump , a complete fuel return system ,and a UTEC.
The APS TT is a good kit, but have some issues like the bad design in the turbo oil return lines......
I would have to respectfully disagree with the design on the turbo oil returns lines. If they are not trimmed to the proper length and installed incorrectly there could be issues. BUT if installed properlly the design works flawlessly. My G35C has been APS TT'd for 2 years and 15k miles with no issues

Hope this helps.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by George@GTM
I would have to respectfully disagree with the design on the turbo oil returns lines. If they are not trimmed to the proper length and installed incorrectly there could be issues. BUT if installed properlly the design works flawlessly. My G35C has been APS TT'd for 2 years and 15k miles with no issues

Hope this helps.

-George
GT Motorsports
+1. My APS TT was self-installed and I never had oil burning issues. I didn't even trim the oil return lines. I just made sure they were installed properly as APS instructed.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by thawk408
Would cutting the stock brace kinda defeat the purpose of it? I figured it would make it a lot weaker and would not be able to use the tow hook.
It's trimmed on the inside......still plenty of meat left. It is certainly a lot better than nothing.

The APS and Greddy kits are both very good kits. Speak to the shop that will install your kit, and go with whichever kit they are most comfortable tuning/installing. We've gotten great results out of both kits.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:47 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

It's trimmed on the inside......still plenty of meat left. It is certainly a lot better than nothing.

The APS and Greddy kits are both very good kits. Speak to the shop that will install your kit, and go with whichever kit they are most comfortable tuning/installing. We've gotten great results out of both kits.
Agreed

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-21-2006, 10:48 PM
thawk408

Cool. Got any I can take a look at when I come back down?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by thawk408
Cool. Got any I can take a look at when I come back down?
Always.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:33 AM
al v

Originally Posted by George@GTM

Hope this helps.

-George
GT Motorsports
If you take a look on both systems , the Greddy has a much better design in the turbo oil return lines.The APS oil return lines don´t have enough fall down , even if you trim the hoses.If you drive in a hill , the oil return lines will be in or close to the horizontal position.This is my problem with the aps tt ,I need to drive like 3 miles in a hill to get to my home, and when I get , my car is smoking a little..........every day is the same thing.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

When I first got into the FI world, I did a lot of research, and asked a lot of questions. I really liked the single turbo option, been there done that, but at the same time I researched twins. Now, overall the ball bearing turbos that APS offers is a very nice option, but I firmly believe after speaking to Sharif, looking at his car and others at his shop, I am glad that I went Greddy now, the kit is actually a lot nice than I expected and the install is currently going very very well.

In all, I would have to recommend the Greddy, before I drive it, lol.

Craig
Old 10-22-2006, 08:03 AM
IIQuickSilverII

......... Speak to the shop that will install your kit, and go with whichever kit they are most comfortable tuning/installing. ....

End of discussion. This is whats all about...
Old 01-06-2007, 04:27 AM
MardiGrasMax

Same subject but simple question.

Which TT kit has quicker response as they come out the box, Greddy or APS? I have a 5AT and dont want more then 450whp. My main concers is turbo response. Say in 3rd gear, 4000rpm holding and I floor it, which kit will have quicker response and build boost the fastest?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:38 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
Same subject but simple question.

Which TT kit has quicker response as they come out the box, Greddy or APS? I have a 5AT and dont want more then 450whp. My main concers is turbo response. Say in 3rd gear, 4000rpm holding and I floor it, which kit will have quicker response and build boost the fastest?
In your case it doesn't matter. Your main problem is the automatic tranny @450 rwhp. Your main concern should be how to get the transmission to work properly and not fail. To date no one has a rebuild kit to solve this problem.

Quick Reply: How does the APS TT Tuner kit compare to the Greddy TT?