Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Whats the dream vortech kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:29 PM
filipm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the dream vortech kit?

Hello everyone... im filip... i dont really post here that often.. just lurk cause the 350z guys seem to know a hell of a lot more than over at g35driver. I have an 05 coupe 6mt btw....

Anyway my question is....

Which Vortech blower would be the best blower to ask for if i was getting one for free. I was looking at the site and everything just blurred together. Im getting a free kit for my car from vortech and was thinking of asking for an upgraded blower....

but which blower to ask for?

I know the stock kit comes with a the s-strim super quiet blower... but it seems like they have a lot of options for getting a better blower unit.

i appreciate any responses as they need to know what to send me...

so pretty much my two questions are.... WHAT IS THE DREAM VORTECH SETUP? IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT VORTECH OFFERS THAT I SHOULD ASK THEM FOR?

p.s. sorry if my post is only half coherent.

thanks,
F
Old 11-17-2006, 09:30 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should ask them for turbo that doesnt run off of a belt.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:41 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Originally Posted by rocks
you should ask them for turbo that doesnt run off of a belt.

that was a good one man
Old 11-17-2006, 10:03 PM
rocks

haha, i like superchargers but only if they run off of a big enough cog belt heh. A guy here in town has a 69 firebird with a pontiac 455 with a 8-71 on it. That car is mean. My father has 73 transam with a built 455 idles like a funny car, will burn the tires at 80 mph on 14 inch wide rims, that some crazy power. you just hit the gas and try to steer it.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:22 PM
DSport G35

Here's some pics of my custom Vortech setup.
-Vortech T-Trim
-Custom Cog Pulleys
-Pulley Brace
-Custom Intercooler(11.5X31X4.5) and Piping

Old 11-18-2006, 03:02 AM
filipm

thanks for the replys...

damn Dsport... clean setup... ive seen a couple people with the trims. Im not sure they would spring for it but i figure it doesnt hurt to ask. Another member here was having trouble pushing his trim past 15lbs boost due to belt slipage.. makes me wonder if its worth it to ask for one of the racing blowers it would take me a while to build the car to handle that kind of power. you having any issues with slippage? how many lbs are you pushing? What are you using for engine management? either way thans for the replys everyone... as of right now i think im going to ask for the stock kit with the upgraded trim :-). wonder if it will work.

f
Old 11-18-2006, 02:16 PM
schweatty

if you dont mind me asking, how are you getting vortech to give you a free kit?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:12 PM
sentry65
the burninator

T trim is a nice upgrade over the stock blower. It'll put out a lot more boost so if you're on the stock engine, you'd probably want to use the 3.33 pulley
Old 11-18-2006, 03:27 PM
G352NV

Originally Posted by schweatty
Thats what I would like to know. My car was fully modded and they said no.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
filipm

I have a very close friend who is a race car driver, and vortech is one of their sponsors. He asked them if they could hook it up for me and they agreed. I know for sure that they will do the basic kit that comes for the 05's 6mt, but i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask for some upgrades....

f
Old 11-18-2006, 04:48 PM
filipm

i plan to set it up on the stock motor at first... then build up the bottom end... do the basics rods and pistons fuel line.. bla bla bla... i just want to capitalize on the free stuff while i can.. this is going to be a one time deal. thats why i started this post...

f
Old 11-18-2006, 05:15 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the t-trim with the stock serp belt system , except for different pullies . Serp belt will start slipping around 13psi . The higher the boost , the harder itis to turn the blower and the serp belt just wont hold . On nice hot days . Ive seen up to 14.9psi
Old 11-18-2006, 08:55 PM
filipm

yeah im not going to be pushing 13 lbs until i build the motor... what do people do that push the t trim to its limit? how do those teams prevent the slippage? god damn the slippage... g352nv.. always love your ride btw.... clean work for sure...

since no one says anything about the other available blowers i assume the ttrim is the one the ask/hope for. That thing is beg and sexy anyway... how does it sound when it spools up? is really really loud? abnoxious? my exhaust is abnoxious... so maybe it will help with that...

i was planning on getting the 3.12 pulley from the start... shouldnt i be able to set boost pressure? if i do get the trim and dont want to push it harder till the motor is built?

thanks
f
Old 11-18-2006, 10:24 PM
DSport G35

Originally Posted by schweatty
I work for DSport Magazine. It's my personal car and a DSport Project Car. Vortech advertises with us(DSport) and provide their product in exchange for editorial coverage.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:28 PM
DSport G35

Originally Posted by filipm
thanks for the replys...

damn Dsport... clean setup... ive seen a couple people with the trims. Im not sure they would spring for it but i figure it doesnt hurt to ask. Another member here was having trouble pushing his trim past 15lbs boost due to belt slipage.. makes me wonder if its worth it to ask for one of the racing blowers it would take me a while to build the car to handle that kind of power. you having any issues with slippage? how many lbs are you pushing? What are you using for engine management? either way thans for the replys everyone... as of right now i think im going to ask for the stock kit with the upgraded trim :-). wonder if it will work.

f
No issues with slippage, but we do have issues with belts breaking. The car is now back at Vortech getting the setup revised with wider belts. Pump gas =18psi, race gas = 22psi. I'm using HKS FCon, HKS Knock Amp and HKS Navigator.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
filipm

nice the FCon is very orgasmic. what did you do to your internals to push that kind of power? Im still learning a lot about the setups... been searching like crazy, its like a crash course that never ends. Im more of a track racer than drag racer though, is this t trim still condusive to that?

F
Old 11-21-2006, 05:25 PM
kevinapex

Dsport, that cog set is nice,I would like to do something like that also. Thats some fat boost man!
Kevin