Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Power Enterprise Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 12:00 AM
silver nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
post count
Its not about post count its about knowledg so how about u think b 4 u speek or atleast know who is the guy u r assuming that he lacks for knowldge and i'm realy not being mean and i'm sorry in advance if i sound a lil mean but man u can't just judge ppl by post coun... and i'm not deffending a friend it just happened that the guy r counting his posts is the guy that made 606 whp on my car as well as he owns 1 of the fastest r33 ever 873 whp.... so what i ment to say I know him and i'm sure that he knows enough to make u blush lets keep it real and out of respect in hear... thank u and have a nice day Sir... and sorry again for the reply on hussams behalf and sorry if i cam on too loud with my words but i think if u don't know some onse backgroung u shouldn't judge by post thanx again.... regards..

Last edited by silver nismo; 12-23-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:41 AM
SMS Tuner

Chebosto

Here is the setup on one of the cars that we tested:
1- Darton Sleeved block
2- Aries 8.6:1 Extreme Duty Pistons
3- Pauter Rods
4- PE Turbo kit
5- HKS Dual Exhaust & Straight D/P (No Cats)
6- AAM Return fuel system
7- 650cc RC Injectors
8- HKS F-Con V pro
9- JWT S2 Cams and Springs
10- Greddy Profic B II boost controller

and by the way this car was not tuned by myself because back then i was not HKS Pro Dealer Yet. the car was tuned by a gentleman named Justin Nenni from Tuning Concepts who have tuned several 1200+ Rwhp cars including ours. I can think of the HKS as a restriction for not being able to get more than 9 Psi on the stock actuators and maybe not getting more than 501 WHP. by the way, the car made 550 torque. what is your exhaust, and what kind of fuel where you using. Can you post a Dyno Graph.

Husam

MC-Performance
Old 12-23-2006, 01:56 AM
SMS Tuner

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Wow 520hp! Wait SMS TUNER said it was impossible So I guess your lying.
I have said before i was not trying to put these turbos down. it is just that i don't recommend them for 500+ other wise they are the easiest setup. Just for your information, i made 387Whp on these turbos at 8Psi on 91 pump gas with E-mange Ultimate with my humble tuning on stock engine and HKS Exhaust. good luck getting 600 WHP out of these turbos.

Husam
MC-Performance

Last edited by SMS Tuner; 12-23-2006 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:21 AM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by SMS Tuner
I have said before i was not trying to put these turbos down. it is just that i don't recommend them for 500+ other wise they are the easiest setup.
Why is that? why not get 500+hp out of a few turbos that have no lag. Getting 500hp at less then 3000rpm would be a beast.

I made 387Whp on these turbos at 8Psi on 91 pump gas with E-mange Ultimate with my humble tuning on stock engine and HKS Exhaust. good luck getting 600 WHP out of these turbos.
Husam
MC-Performance
91 pump gas and the PE 380cc injectors will do this. whats your point?

Also I was looking at your setup and I think your compresion is a little low for this kit. I dont understand why you could not boost more the 9psi with a boost controler . Your exhaust should be fine if you had TP. I got over 10psi on the stock cats and a borla TD.

Good luck getting 600 WHP out of these turbos.
Husam
MC-Performance
Are you being sarcastic here?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:49 AM
SMS Tuner

Why is that? why not get 500+hp out of a few turbos that have no lag. Getting 500hp at less then 3000rpm would be a beast.
Because so far no such thing exist yet. smaller turbos they spool fast but they dont support so much power and vice versa.

Are you being sarcastic here?
No but, i am stating facts. if you look into these turbos flow map you will know that theoretically it is not possible to get 600WHP on these turbos.

Husam
MC-Performance
Old 12-23-2006, 02:13 PM
turismo

The PE 1320's have made just over 600rwhp. Before I sold mine for hte SFR kit, I spoke with many different people regarding upgrading for the gt25's. Dave from Headgames informed me that he built a head for a guy that made just over 600 with the PE kit. Do a search. One guy has dipped into the 10's at 125-130mph with em.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:54 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys

Haven't had the chance to chime in yet.

That is a great price for the kit. It is a tuner kit though, with some of the best components money can buy.

A lot of people say that hte turbos are too small, their explanation for why they spool up so well. But they are not...those assertions are made without any evidence. They do so because they were engineered to have a wide compressor map, not just a tall one, giving them very good/excellent low end/high end balance, something not available on the GT-series to the same extent. eagle's dyno pretty much proves that these turbos are so perfectly matched to this motor....i mean perfectly, same as what i postulated way back when when i mapped the compressor diagrams onto out engine RPM lines. As long as you do not want to run more than 18-20 psi and have a 3.5L block, these are the best turbos...just the kit is lacking a few parts (EM, proper syphon-enabling fuel return setup - $80 fix from CJM). Then again, any serious enthusiast is not gonna stick with the EM options that come with any of hte kits available on the market...they are gonna do Vpro, their own preferred BOV, etc....Just look at the construct of the intercooler...it's truly excellent. Just count on spending more money, which you probably would even if you got the APS kit.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:48 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Hope to be the first PE TT stock motor in the 11's (weather permitting)
Old 12-23-2006, 08:00 PM
ABL 2 FLY

After using two sets on built engines. i will never use them again due to the following facts:

1-the actuators are set for 4Psi only which is very conservative even for stock engines

2-Maximum boost you can get is 9 Psi on standard Actuators.

3-These turbos they will never make more than 510 RWHP no mater what you do and that with cams. the other car has the same engine specs but no cams and it only made 470RWHP at 1.1Bar of boost.

4-On high boost level, they make so much back pressure witch makes a lot of heat that leads to engine failure when the car is under boost for extended time (track use).

Now, i have to admit that it is a very good setup for stock engines not pushing more than 440 to the wheels and they have virtually no lag due to the fact that they are tiny, not to mention Dual Ball bearing.

Husam
MC-Performance
My brother is making very close to 600 with these turbos. Ktaylor is his username
Old 12-23-2006, 09:01 PM
priscilla ls1

No but, i am stating facts. if you look into these turbos flow map you will know that theoretically it is not possible to get 600WHP on these turbos.

Husam
MC-Performance

You are not stating a fact you dont know everyone on these boards and what they have. I am sure 600hp With these turbos have been done before.

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Hope to be the first PE TT stock motor in the 11's (weather permitting)

Good luck.

Last edited by priscilla ls1; 12-23-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:17 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Gurgen: Thanks for chiming in, your opinion is based on plenty of experience, and as the mad scientist of the PE kit, carries a lot of weight with me at least.

eagletanggreen: Best of luck on that goal.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:20 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by gringott
Gurgen: Thanks for chiming in, your opinion is based on plenty of experience, and as the mad scientist of the PE kit, carries a lot of weight with me at least.

This goal is going to have to wait one more week. I only recieved one wheel from "SUBYDUDE" and to top it off the track will be closed today (Xmas eve) It will open up next week.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Zilvia

wtf only one wheel
Old 12-24-2006, 12:37 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally Posted by gringott

Hey, no problem, thanks for the kind words.... I will have the car running next week on the Vpro with GTM turbo spec cams... so we'll know more very soon.

BTW... the injectors you do have are are 550cc so you are good to go. I am using those, with 4 bar FP they are actually 635cc...so they should be good to 600whp no sweat with a little room to spare.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Pilot_Z

Dumb Question(s).

I have a (yet to be installed) PE TT kit.

Q: How much boost does the stock spring hold?

Q: How many different springs are there?

Q: How long does it take PE USA to get you the springs?

Q: How much are they?

BTW; I am doing a full engine build (9:1 c/r pistons) w/ all the goodies (UTEC, boost controller, fuel return) & my goal is 500 to 550 whhp on 12 to 14 psi. What spring am I looking for?

Thanks all.

PZ
Old 12-24-2006, 07:18 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

I have the 9 lbs springs in mine. I am boosting 11.5ish
Call Vivid Racing they are a PE distro (they are good about putting a foot in their a$$ "PE")
If you call PE your self they will tell you to go thru a distro for buying products. When I got my cast manifolds, it took them a week from the time I ordered them thru Vivid. Spring are cheap less than a $100. I would call them "PE" direct and see if you could exchange your SS manifolds for cast ones. I would also buy the APS 3.5 down pipes $350 (you cant beat that price, the Greddy ones are like $700) they bolt right up to the turbos, and you can eliminate the small down pipe extender. You should have no problem reaching your goals. Make sure you get a 3" exhaust it really makes a diff.

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 12-24-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:24 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Some answers:

A: 4.3psi (0.3bar)

A: There are several, the next one is #4 (~8psi), then #5 (12.5 psi), then #6 (1bar).

A: Pretty fast...days...

A: $20 each spring, 40 for the set.

BTW; I am doing a full engine build (9:1 c/r pistons) w/ all the goodies (UTEC, boost controller, fuel return) & my goal is 500 to 550 whhp on 12 to 14 psi. What spring am I looking for?
A: I'd get the #4 springs... you will be able to reach up to 15-16psi with a boost controller.

HTH
Old 12-24-2006, 07:31 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by GurgenPB
Some answers:

A: 4.3psi (0.3bar)

A: There are several, the next one is #4 (~8psi), then #5 (12.5 psi), then #6 (1bar).

A: Pretty fast...days...

A: $20 each spring, 40 for the set.

A: I'd get the #4 springs... you will be able to reach up to 15-16psi with a boost controller.

HTH
Well then there you go! /\/\/\/\ Merry Xmas GurgenPB
Old 12-24-2006, 07:40 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Well then there you go! /\/\/\/\ Merry Xmas GurgenPB
You too bro...thanks man..... Please be careful in Iraq bro, joking aside, I mean it!
Old 12-24-2006, 07:45 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Always carefull! Make sure you keep us posted on your final number with that engine build.
15 min?I am waitting up for Santa. He better hurry up, cuz I am going to bed soon.

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise Twin Turbo