Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Power Enterprise Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's got recirc valves.

And I, for one, am quite happy with that, since BOV's make a very annoying (to me) sound. Others like the sound, though.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
It's got recirc valves.

And I, for one, am quite happy with that, since BOV's make a very annoying (to me) sound. Others like the sound, though.
Its an issue of simantecs. The JWT has a bypass valve that is recirculated. Some people call it a recirculating valve, some a bypass valve, some a diverter valve, and some a blow off valve. In every case they do the same thing. They expell the compressed air charge from the charge piping post compressor outlet and either recirculate it back into the system in front of the compressor inlet or purge it to the atmosphere and out of the system. A recirculated bypass/blow off valve will not be as loud as one that vents the charge air to atmosphere but in some cases (like the JWT) when the MAF sensor is placed in front of the compressor it is almost a must to recirculate the charge back into the intake tract after the MAF but before the compressor. This is because the MAF sensor already metered that air and added fuel to compensate for it. If your system has the MAF sensor placed after the compressors and after the bypass/blow off valve the valve can vent to atmosphere as the MAF sensor has not yet compensated for it by adding fuel (a la APS, Turbonetics, Greddy, etc)
Old 02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default I am officialy a PE brother

Thank you for all the advice.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:42 PM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Its an issue of simantecs. The JWT has a bypass valve that is recirculated. Some people call it a recirculating valve, some a bypass valve, some a diverter valve, and some a blow off valve. In every case they do the same thing. They expell the compressed air charge from the charge piping post compressor outlet and either recirculate it back into the system in front of the compressor inlet or purge it to the atmosphere and out of the system. A recirculated bypass/blow off valve will not be as loud as one that vents the charge air to atmosphere but in some cases (like the JWT) when the MAF sensor is placed in front of the compressor it is almost a must to recirculate the charge back into the intake tract after the MAF but before the compressor. This is because the MAF sensor already metered that air and added fuel to compensate for it. If your system has the MAF sensor placed after the compressors and after the bypass/blow off valve the valve can vent to atmosphere as the MAF sensor has not yet compensated for it by adding fuel (a la APS, Turbonetics, Greddy, etc)
THANK YOU MIAPLAYA
Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default Aps Vs Pe

PE TT

APS TT

APS vs PE

Last edited by CESAROTORRES; 02-14-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:40 AM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA

Good information!

Where the PE mount the MAF sensor?

Thx
Cesar
Old 02-14-2007, 04:41 AM
CESAROTORRES

It's got recirc valves.

Were did you get them?

Thx
Cesar
Old 02-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

The JWT kit comes with recirc valves. I suppose you could modify it to get seperate BOV's, but I have no idea how you would go about doing that.

However, there are plenty of good BOV's on the market; I'd check with some of the major suppliers of G/Z parts.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:56 AM
CESAROTORRES

The JWT kit comes with recirc valves. I suppose you could modify it to get seperate BOV's, but I have no idea how you would go about doing that.

However, there are plenty of good BOV's on the market; I'd check with some of the major suppliers of G/Z parts.

Thx!!! Dave
Old 02-14-2007, 06:33 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Based on Cheston's advice, I placed the HKS SSQV BOV after the intercooler and before the MAF. I vent to atmosphere, before the carbon vented hood it made a quiet high pitched squeal, with the vent it louder and sounds less lame. My VW turbo uses a recirculating bypass.

I had the flange welded where the red rectangle is in this photo, so the BOV is above the air filter (BTW, this is not my car). I think Cheston had it in the same place on the pipe, but on the other side.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:36 AM
002-M-P

Between intercooler and MAF is best, but it isn't really too important as long as it is before the MAF. Some cars will see a stumble a bit between shifts if it is after the MAF because the MAF has already calculated that amount of air that you are now releasing to the atmostphere rather than it going into your engine.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:57 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES
Good information!

Where the PE mount the MAF sensor?

Thx
Cesar
+1 to what everyone else said. After the intercooler is fine but before the MAF is the most important... As for valves you can basically choose anyone you want. I'm very happy with the Turbonetics Raptor I have. Others like the HKS SSQV, Greddy Type RS, TurboXS RFL, Tial, theres more valves to choose from then I can remember. Since people seem to be more particular about the sound of the valve then the actual flow rate I would say you look around the forum for the videos everyone has done and decide which valve you would prefer...
Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 AM
CESAROTORRES

Default Great THX!!!!! one more time!

Thank you everyone again!!!!

With all this knowlege that you guys has who needs Power Enterprice support . Thx, Thx, Thx!!!!

Cesar

PS.
I got the Tial, seems to me is the most quiet.

Last edited by CESAROTORRES; 02-14-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:09 AM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by gringott
Based on Cheston's advice, I placed the HKS SSQV BOV after the intercooler and before the MAF. I vent to atmosphere, before the carbon vented hood it made a quiet high pitched squeal, with the vent it louder and sounds less lame. My VW turbo uses a recirculating bypass.

I had the flange welded where the red rectangle is in this photo, so the BOV is above the air filter (BTW, this is not my car). I think Cheston had it in the same place on the pipe, but on the other side.

Awesome Thank you!!! Now I need to find a welder

Cesar
Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 AM
gringott

BTW, I emailed and spoke to PE USA the last couple of days. I explained my problems with customer support etc, the gentleman I spoke to explained that they had "purged" the staff of people that were, to put it mildly, not good. He also explained to me that they are going to open a tuning shop at their location with Japanese tuners to install, tune, etc. Sounds like things may get better there, fingers crossed.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 AM
priscilla ls1

BTW, I emailed and spoke to PE USA the last couple of days. I explained my problems with customer support etc, the gentleman I spoke to explained that they had "purged" the staff of people that were, to put it mildly, not good. He also explained to me that they are going to open a tuning shop at their location with Japanese tuners to install, tune, etc. Sounds like things may get better there, fingers crossed.
+1 I have been telling ppl they are getting better here in the states, cant wait for the change.

If you do get a BOV get somthing that flows good, not just sounds good.

Last edited by priscilla ls1; 02-14-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
CESAROTORRES

Why not the PE/IHI 1820SP?
Seems like a logical upgrade for the 1420s.

The PE1820 is well-known in performance circles for making BIG power and putting down good numbers. How does 11.68 @ 121 mph in the quarter mile sound? This turbo uses all IHI components custom-specified by Power Engineering of Japan. The center section is a roller bearing design for excellent spool characteristics.

Flow is rated at 630 CFM at 1.0 bar.

Comes with a 0.8-bar wastegate spring. Call for other spring options.

$1799 YIKES!!!!

http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/pr...spec/index.htm

Or this for the subi world but why not?
IHI VF 22 Turbo

The IHI VF22 has the largest potential for peak horsepower in the IHI Family. In other words, in the IHI model range, the VF 22 supports the highest boost levels. It is capable of running up to 25 psi. Because it is a roller bearing turbo, turbo lag is minimal...the boost comes on around 3300 rpm. Expect to max out the VF22 somewhere in the 400-450 hp range.
Price: $1049.95

From another site:

The IHI VF22 is a DIRECT bolt-on upgrade for your WRX. That's right, no new manifolds, no crazy adapter pieces.

The turbo makes big power! See, the factory turbo is SMALL. This promotes good spool-up characteristics, but the car starts to wheeze a bit as the rpms climb into the upper reaches of the tach. The VF22 adds mid-range punch as well as vastly-better top-end performance vs. the factory Mitsubishi TD04. Typical gains are 20% in peak horsepower, and a whopping 30% gain in torque over the stock turbo at redline! BIG compressor housing means lots of nice cool air, even at relatively high (20 psi+) boost pressures. Subies have gone 11's in the quarter mile using this turbo.

There is a small lag penalty, but let's face it, the factory turbo doesn't exactly come online at 1,500 rpm anyway. Most drivers won't notice the difference; if they do, the smile from the high-end shove in the back makes them forget any lag. If you do want a turbo with better spool characteristics, if not all-out top-end, go with the IHI VF30.

And the last selling point? The price. There MAY be better upgrade turbos out there, but we defy you to find one anywhere close in price.

Proper mods for this turbo would include boost control, upgraded intercooler, and full intake and exhaust upgrades.

Limited quantities!
Sale price: $899.00 Nice.....
GringoTT,

Hey IHI1820 looks like the APS TT.

Cesar
Old 02-21-2007, 11:10 AM
gringott

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES
GringoTT,

Hey IHI1820 looks like the APS TT.

Cesar
Your are right! Ha ha. Guess they didn't just copy the oil pan, they cloned the turbos too.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:03 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default APS copy cat

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT GringoTT!!!!!

I am going to copy the APS TT and then hire Microsoft to do the marketing. I will retire rich.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Why are you now selling your PE & APS and why do you have 2 or 3 TT Kits? I don't understand all your posts/threads and the decisions behind them.

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise Twin Turbo