Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My APS Extreme TT with built motor story...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:52 PM
b.d.racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude if you spent all this money, and all the time putting it together was on somebody else, even the dyno tuning, then how the hell do the engine builders or whoever else put this car together get away with not hooking you up with what was supposed to be a bad *** car. I mean they own businesses that do work on cars and if they're work is wrong then they should fix it. At the least someone should be standing behind they're work like a real man would. It sounds like you didn't even touch it so I say to hell with them and get a lawyer.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM
tig488

sorry to hear about this alex, ive been waiting on your car to be finished for a while, like others on the site, but not as bad as you. i agree the builder should take this one for your, youve spent a lot and placed your trust in a lot of peoples hands, only to be letdown.

your car is probably one of my 3 fav Zs on the board, i hope you stay with it and build a monster, but i understand, i just parted mine out too.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
^ Don't know about legal action, but the engine builder should definitely bear some of the burden with a rebuild. I would go after whomever built the motor.
Alot of times there is no recourse on aftermarket engine builds...If the ringlands went, that does not make it the engine builders fault, or the tuners fault..Really hard to get these things resolved in a civil manner.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
clemlover15

dude what happened really sucks, but end this story by finishing it and getting it done. Close the book with a happy ending...
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 PM
chichi506

so sorry to hear about your loss alex, but i say finish the project, you've already gone this far so i think you might as well just finish it. You still owe me a ride too!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
UGOTZ'D

Originally Posted by DaveZ06
well he spent well over 6 figures on it already. It's not as easy as, i'm gonna finish it! It all depends...

yeah but if he's already gone all out on it then why not finish it to enjoy the time and money put into it?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, my stomache churned, reading this post. I'm so scared to death of having the same fate. bam bam's z and now this. what a let down of a dream. I'm really sorry to hear that
Old 12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
GQ 350z

Alex I saw your post in the teaser thread literally after refreshing the page.

It is truly a crossroads. My opinion is probably useless..but after already dropping that much money into a car that is becoming more of a money pit...I'd say part it and cut your losses now. It's a slippery slope but anyone with any financial sense will tell you it's time to switch platforms. You're still a legend in my book =)

Good luck either way. If you do decide to switch platforms, please stick around. Looking forward to updates on your decision.

Take this with a grain of salt. I don't want to be selfish by saying "yeah man build it even harder this time around" because honestly..as much as I want to see your car..as does everyone else...I'd rather see the PERSON behind the car happy. If that means building it again..so be it. On the contrary if that means selling it, so be it.

Humbly,
Ravi

Last edited by GQ 350z; 12-19-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:06 PM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

Alex, im so sorry for your losses this year and everything that you had to go through.

The engine builder needs to take some responsibility for the build if that is what is at fault and not the design of the piston rings themselves by arias. It would be a hard decision for me as well given you have put so much effort and funds into this project, but I would still lean toward finishing her up since you still love the Z. For being one of the first people doing such an extreme buildup, the stakes are high but so are the rewards. I'm sure everything will work itself out in the end whichever way you decide.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Ahmads350z

sorry to hear bro
Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM
brooke

Wow now I'm a bit concerned since I just bought a built motor from Todd (builtz motors) and GTM did the install on the sleeves and heads... For what I paid I would take legal action against someone. I could see the new motor possibly failing down the road due to abuse and such but the motor was not even broken in...
I'm sweating bullets on my new motor install...
Old 12-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brooke
Wow now I'm a bit concerned since I just bought a built motor from Todd (builtz motors) and GTM did the install on the sleeves and heads... For what I paid I would take legal action against someone. I could see the new motor possibly failing down the road due to abuse and such but the motor was not even broken in...
I'm sweating bullets on my new motor install...
don't worry. They know what they're doing.
drifter23

Sorry to hear about your car Alex. I too have been waiting on your finished project. And to hear about this sucks big time. Hope you the best with your decision.
atar350

Serious cross roads alex, sorry this happened to you.....we all know how nice Ferrari's are, but I can imagine the maintenance and insurance alone dwarfing the cost of your gorgeous custom Z. I think you should wait a little while, at least tomorrow when you hear from the builders, and see what people are going to do for you. I know in this situation its not really a service issue, but you should get hooked up with a deal after all the buisness you have done.

I say finish it, you are so close to having probably the baddest street/show Z around, your car is playboy cover potential, let alone all the Import Mags. Lets see what happens tomorrow, keep us updated, but you should finish it at least, get some recognition on a grander scale then my350z and shows you hit up, you need to go national, worldwide! Good luck bro.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:38 PM
bigbri

Bro. You know what I said to you on the phone. This is bull****. That motor had under 500 "break in miles on it". This is unaccepable. You need to get your labor covered and get a new block free. You may be able to use the old parts. Best of luck with you if you don't get taken care of and decide to part out, We'll cruse our new GTR's or Z06's together. Hit me up.
Brian
Old 12-19-2006, 09:49 PM
carfi179

Sorry to hear your story. I got to give you props for the love you have in your Z. BTW: Every business owner will treat you nice/great if you spend that much money..just my 2 cents
Old 12-19-2006, 10:07 PM
dbmtrx123

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear this. Good luck! I personally hope you press forward with the Z. Then again, I'm sure you could get used to the snappy acceleration of the Porsche or the brute force of the Viper's V10.

Hopefully someone will cover your block. Again, good luck!

respectfully,
David
Old 12-19-2006, 10:09 PM
archspeed

Z06 Corvette.

Z's engines are a waste of time, these are not the RBs or the 2JZs...

You've done more than enough, let it go man, and move on to bigger and better things!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Zexy

Originally Posted by bigbri
Bro. You know what I said to you on the phone. This is bull****. That motor had under 500 "break in miles on it". This is unaccepable. You need to get your labor covered and get a new block free. You may be able to use the old parts. Best of luck with you if you don't get taken care of and decide to part out, We'll cruse our new GTR's or Z06's together. Hit me up.
Brian
+1 x 100000

Truly unacceptable.. Some product or some builder here was the culprit and nobody takes the blame? You should not take the burden alex for buying a "faulty" piston set that is out of your control and intent of getting a non-faulty motor.

Not to poiunt fingers but something with Sam at GTM is reaaal fishy.. This isn't the first faulty motor from Sam either isn't it?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

as much as i'd like hate to see you dump even more money into a crazy sleeved and stroked 4.xL twin turbo z monster.. it will always be the project that haunts you since you cut the project off right when it was about to be finished..

based on the amount you've already spent so far.. i'm thinking another 10k more really isnt gonna hit you that much if you've already spent 6 figs.. just dont eat out as much.. like. for a year (haha). i mean. true that that sizable amount of money can easily lead toward craziness when your GTR comes out.. but personally the feeling of accomplishment might be worth more..

Quick Reply: My APS Extreme TT with built motor story...