Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Utec and high hp numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:29 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my 2 cents ... If I were running a business I wouldn't go out of my way to "burn bridges". People can say "it's just the internet", but believe it or not you can still form a opinion (good or bad) without even meeting someone or stepping foot in their store.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hr2burn
I don't want to "Steal this thread" but does anyone know anybody who is running more than 600rwhp on a utec?!
I am right at 600DJ currently and 640 TQ, no problems and no limitation in sight..Car2V also did 650+ on a Greddy TT with a UTEC.
FYI to be an F-Con Pro dealer you need to "push" a high dollar amount of HKS stuff per quarter.This is why everyone now "NEEDS AN FCON"

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 01-16-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
my 2 cents ... If I were running a business I wouldn't go out of my way to "burn bridges". People can say "it's just the internet", but believe it or not you can still form a opinion (good or bad) without even meeting someone or stepping foot in their store.
Trust me, I was not trying to burn and bridges, especially with Alberto..He never was, and never will be a customer of ours..So there is no bridge to burn. I asked a simple question 5 pages back and 2 forum members chose to use it as a catalist to flame me for personal beef they may have..I really dont need this childish BS, this is the exact reason I stopped giving my $$$ to this site..
Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 AM
03BrickyardZ

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
I am right at 600DJ currently and 640 TQ, no problems and no limitation in sight..Car2V also did 650+ on a Greddy TT with a UTEC.
FYI to be an F-Con Pro dealer you need to "push" a high dollar amount of HKS stuff per quarter.This is why everyone now "NEEDS AN FCON"
Please dont question Sharif's integrity. He's a reputable seller, and does not deserve to have it insinuated that he is taking advantage of his clients trust. I dont think he would push someone to buy an FCON that didn't want or need the functionality.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by 03BrickyardZ
Please dont question Sharif's integrity. He's a reputable seller, and does not deserve to have it insinuated that he is taking advantage of his clients trust. I dont think he would push someone to buy an FCON that didn't want or need the functionality.
Sharif is a sales man..Remember that.Hes not here to make friends he is here to make sales..No one is questioning his integrity, not at all..Im simply stating a fact as to how the forum swings in "you need this " trends..All vendors are guilty of it, myself included.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Ozzie@Hppracing

I have had no problems with my utec. The car is smooth as hell. I think Julian is just tring to say there is no reason to spend extra money, when one can do as good In 80% of the cars out there.

Then comes out the kid talking trash.

Julian may own MRc but there is only soo much a person can put up with. I don't post much but i do read alot.

Julian just don't even worry about a few Tools out there. I always love all the guys that know what's best and tell the shops how to do it right. Because they were told on line that's the way it is done...

I LOVE THE E-Tough guys. Alberto, I'm not taking sides but you should be careful with your mouth. I have seen alot of people at nopi events, and alot of drag racing events get knock out just for talking some stuff on line.
I don't know you but just a tip from an older guy that has seen it alot. You guys just need to chill before it gets out of hand.

Last edited by Ozzie@Hppracing; 01-16-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:56 AM
BrianLG35C

All vendors are guilty of it, myself included.
Ok, without selling me on the UTEC , can you give me your unbiased answer/experience on the following...

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Hope this isn't too far off topic but probably MRC or another Unichip tuner would know this...How does the Unichip (classic) hold up in safety of it's tune against the UTEC for anything at/under 11psi or at/close to 500whp??

I'm looking to stay with the Unichip for my first stage of my build, only if it's safe enough for those numbers. Eventually in the next stage, I'll go with a better fuel system, FCON or similar for 500whp+, instead of spending $1K on the UTEC now.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:59 AM
skidmarq

I nominate this as the early candidate for 2007 thread of the year...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:02 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Trust me, I was not trying to burn and bridges, especially with Alberto..He never was, and never will be a customer of ours..So there is no bridge to burn. I asked a simple question 5 pages back and 2 forum members chose to use it as a catalist to flame me for personal beef they may have..I really dont need this childish BS, this is the exact reason I stopped giving my $$$ to this site..
Where did I quote you or call you or your shop out?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:07 AM
masterj26

dutchboy, i don't think he was referencing you as the person who called him or his shop out.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Javierg35

Default kevinapex ~~~~~~729whp Greddy TT / UTEC G35

Originally Posted by kevinapex
Is there anyone over 600rwh with Utec?
search for a thread started by carlitos from PUERTO RICO there`s your answer !!!!!!! HE SHOWS PROOF WITH DYNOS
Old 01-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
Ok, without selling me on the UTEC , can you give me your unbiased answer/experience on the following...Hope this isn't too far off topic but probably MRC or another Unichip tuner would know this...How does the Unichip (classic) hold up in safety of it's tune against the UTEC for anything at/under 11psi or at/close to 500whp??

I'm looking to stay with the Unichip for my first stage of my build, only if it's safe enough for those numbers. Eventually in the next stage, I'll go with a better fuel system, FCON or similar for 500whp+, instead of spending $1K on the UTEC now.

Ok,
Well we ran my car at 420 ish whp on a built bottom end with 12 psi of boost for a while problem free. As well as Jason stock motor car ran fine for over 30,000 HARD BOSTED miles at 10+psi making about 450WHP.
The Unichip is basically the exact same thing as the Emanage Ultimate when it comes to terms of engine control. It is a piggy back system that will add or subtract fuel based on MAF voltage to a certain point where the MAF gets clamped and it relies on MAP signal for fueling reference. The UNICHIP works fine for most users with an APS TT kit, but building the motor and upgrading injectors to 650cc+ is where it falls way short. APS themselves have been able to tune a car with the old unichip to 720cc's, or so they claim, but we never tried that.The largest we were able to scale were 550cc's thus far.
As far as the unichip goes, its a solution for cheap engine management, in an off the shelf turbo kit.
The right way would be to utilize a larger MAF housing and sensor like the Ford Cobras do and do a good MAF based fuel curve. Or do a good MAP based tune like most other Turbcharged factory cars.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Where did I quote you or call you or your shop out?
Where did I say you called me out??
Old 01-16-2007, 09:14 AM
BrianLG35C

Thanks for the information.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

There is a bar in Houston I visit on a regular basis....they have a ring inside and have/promote UFC style fighting (mixed martial arts). Occasionally I take a buddy to push around, but most of the time its for the smack talkers. And trust me, there is no better way to shut someone up than to beat the living snot out of them. I would be more than happy to find a bar with similar accommodations for the two of you....or three (Julian, Alberto, Jokestrap).

Be warned....just cuz you're bigger than someone doesn't mean squat in this sport....ask me how I know? Age and experience plays a big factor. Not alot of young bucks can throw. And alot of big guys are slow. If you know where the "button" is, you can lay anyone out. You guys down or what?

EDIT: funny thread none the less....reminds me of highschool.

Still waiting for the..."my daddy will kick your daddy's a$$". hahaha,.

EDIT2: Add Sharif to the list....no rules, no gloves...who's down? hahahahaha.
\/

Last edited by Old School; 01-16-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see some of the DJ dyno charts? You usually keep us well updated on your latest power updates.

Julian, you are not an HKS dealer, and have no idea what you are talking about. The fact is, HKS wanted Forged Performance as an FCON tuner, as much as we wanted to be one. I dont have any minimum volume requirments.....PERIOD. There are only 11 HKS Pro Dealers in the whole country. What makes you think you know how their program works? I use the FCON, becuase it works, and our customers apprciate the benefits.

I am not in this to make a bunch of money. If I wanted to get rich, I would not be in this business. I do this becuase I truely have a passion for this stuff, and enjoy making our customers happy. We only sell stuff that works at the high level we demand....another reason we only carry a limited assortment of products.

Your lack of professional etiquette is abundantly clear, when you make statements like this.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Where did I say you called me out??
Well I'm not sure why you quoted me. If anything I agree with you on the EMS topic.

I currently have the Classic Unichip (I took it off because it's not tuned) and if there were any good unichip tuners in the area I would keep it (my whp needs are only in the 350s ). Unfortunately the only tuners I would trust my Z with run most of their fi Zs with the UTEC. Now I'm wondering how much I could sell my unichip for considering I barely used it.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 AM
dutchboy

Originally Posted by masterj26
dutchboy, i don't think he was referencing you as the person who called him or his shop out.

Leave me out of this .
Old 01-16-2007, 09:28 AM
BrianLG35C

Now I'm wondering how much I could sell my unichip for considering I barely used it.
+1
Old 01-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Old School
There is a bar in Houston I visit on a regular basis....they have a ring inside and have/promote UFC style fighting (mixed martial arts). Occasionally I take a buddy to push around, but most of the time its for the smack talkers. And trust me, there is no better way to shut someone up than to beat the living snot out of them. I would be more than happy to find a bar with similar accommodations for the two of you....or three (Julian, Alberto, Jokestrap).

Be warned....just cuz you're bigger than someone doesn't mean squat in this sport....ask me how I know? Age and experience plays a big factor. Not alot of young bucks can throw. And alot of big guys are slow. If you know where the "button" is, you can lay anyone out. You guys down or what?

EDIT: funny thread none the less....reminds me of highschool.

Still waiting for the..."my daddy will kick your daddy's a$$". hahaha,.
I agree I have seen 150lb guys knock out 210lb guys on a daily basis. Some of the hardest hitting guys are usally in the 160-180 range and 5'6" to 5'-9" from my experiences.
I have been boxing since 1992 and am in fairly decent cardio shape despite weighing 260lbs The only person ever to wabble me in the ring was a 200lb guy who looked like Roy Jones Jr, and had unreal speed and skill, but no heart..That guy hit me with a solid 4 punch combo to the head before I even blinked. Was the only time I ever stumbled a bit on my feet in the ring or street..He was a really nice guy who could have went PRO if he had some more killer instinct, but he didnt...He lost his first 4 fights and never returned to the gym..

Quick Reply: Utec and high hp numbers.