Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy TT Plans....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Greddy TT Plans....

I am purchasing the Greddy TT kit and would like to know if their is anything that would be nice to upgrade on the kit.

I was thinking of upgrading the clamps to the Turbonetics type clamps rather than installing the cheap ones they have included. Good idea?

Are the pipe couplings silicone? Or should they be upgraded to silicone....

For only 500 rwhp wil lthe 3" Forged Performance downpipes do anything for me? I'm not looking to vent to the atmosphere. Is the spool up much better with the 3" pipe to justify the $600 cost?

Boost will be controlled through the UTEC. Do I need 2 solenoids or just one.

Thanks
JET
Old 02-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey Jet, i told andrew to give you my number, i will take care of all your needs here locally.

i always upgrade my clamps to all Tbolt clamps on pressure side. i have a good hook up to get rid of the stupid blue greddy couplers too.

you only need one boost solenoid.

thanks man

of course you know, there can never be too much exhaust flow with a turbo setup, bigger is always better. there is a point where it can be overkill vs cost. if you would like, we can do an independent dyno at the same boost level, same day , back to back with the 3 " downpipes....
Old 02-16-2007, 05:29 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 500whp, the FP 3 inch downpipes arent needed (probably good for another 25whp at that power level). At some point, when you decide to go for more power, then you could upgrade later.

T Bolt clamps are very nice, just make sure you can order them in metric sizes, or they will always be a little too big, or a little too small. I hate seeing tons of adjustment screw slack...for lack of a better word. Also, clearance is a little tight near the TB, so choose wisely.
I really dont see them as required, for your power levels, however.

The Greddy couplers are silicon. Just make sure to heat wrap the ones, that are close to the manifolds.

Let me know if you need anything.