Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Experience @ Altered Atmosphere

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sean1967
I could have also pointed out our TI's pose nude for playboy.

I had no idea she was a TI, but I did read about that.. What a way to put shame to the AF......
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
^^Better a little bit too long..then too short^^
I'm sure the ladies would agree with that statement.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I'm sure the ladies would agree with that statement.
ROFL...
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM
ghlisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAM sucks!! Beware buyers and specially international buyers.

Why?? OK, my experience with AAM, is the following, first time buyed from AAM almost $4000 in parts, they said forgot to send me a pulley, after I claim them they send me the part less. Second time and that is my last time to buyed to AAM, I talked to Mike and explain him very well that only if agree to tune my car I will buyed the parts from his shop and he saids not problem, I will go. Buyed from AAM almost $6000 and I order L-19 head studs and they sent me a normal ARP head studs and after I check with another shop about the head studs I confirm that they sent me is a ordinary ARP head studs and I made the claim and make paid the shipment of the Head studs back to them (Of course they will not send me my head studs before reciving theirs).

After received all the parts, waiting reply from Mike to tune the car, where is Mike?? Nobody knows, everytime call to AAM, they saids is not there, is out, or he is busy and cant take the call. WTF!!! and after one month try to contact him, he write to me "I dont have passport, after I get a passport I will advice you and go to tune your car" hahahaha, this is more stupid thing I had hear, and after one week I saw in this forum that post he was in Canada making tuning on some cars. Also car not start, because the flash of the ecu made by AAM and I didnt know why, and try to contact them, and where is MIke?? Nobody Knows and not reply by anywhere. I think they dont need to lie, why they used this F*ck ing way to cheat customer?? After this matter Im very dissapointed about AAM that suposly is one of the best tuners shop for 350Z and them Im contact another good tuner to make my tuning.

All I said here is the true and if anyone in AAM want me to prove it, I have all my emails in my record.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Bullitproof

Originally Posted by idwin
and stay in 4-5 star hotels when deployed(minus saudi) when you guys sleep in the jungle/dirt/hanger/wherever
Just 5 star hotels homie!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
azula

Originally Posted by ghlisa

Why?? OK, my experience with AAM, is the following, first time buyed from AAM almost $4000 in parts, they said forgot to send me a pulley, after I claim them they send me the part less. Second time and that is my last time to buyed to AAM, I talked to Mike and explain him very well that only if agree to tune my car I will buyed the parts from his shop and he saids not problem, I will go. Buyed from AAM almost $6000 and I order L-19 head studs and they sent me a normal ARP head studs and after I check with another shop about the head studs I confirm that they sent me is a ordinary ARP head studs and I made the claim and make paid the shipment of the Head studs back to them (Of course they will not send me my head studs before reciving theirs).

After received all the parts, waiting reply from Mike to tune the car, where is Mike?? Nobody knows, everytime call to AAM, they saids is not there, is out, or he is busy and cant take the call. WTF!!! and after one month try to contact him, he write to me "I dont have passport, after I get a passport I will advice you and go to tune your car" hahahaha, this is more stupid thing I had hear, and after one week I saw in this forum that post he was in Canada making tuning on some cars. Also car not start, because the flash of the ecu made by AAM and I didnt know why, and try to contact them, and where is MIke?? Nobody Knows and not reply by anywhere. I think they dont need to lie, why they used this F*ck ing way to cheat customer?? After this matter Im very dissapointed about AAM that suposly is one of the best tuners shop for 350Z and them Im contact another good tuner to make my tuning.

All I said here is the true and if anyone in AAM want me to prove it, I have all my emails in my record.

grammar police
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
azula

to the op, what exactly are you having done? pardon me if you explained that already and great write up.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Bwicked

I can vouch for mike being a good guy! I have been working with him, and hopefully get closer on some things
Old 02-27-2007, 10:06 PM
clemlover15

this man is angry it seems like he has just cause I think
Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Cannysage

hmm... I've only heard good stuff about AAM I've gained about 24whp from their spacers...

well, maybe about 10 or so, actually.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:20 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

After received all the parts, waiting reply from Mike to tune the car, where is Mike?? Nobody knows, everytime call to AAM, they saids is not there, is out, or he is busy and cant take the call. WTF!!! and after one month try to contact him, he write to me "I dont have passport, after I get a passport I will advice you and go to tune your car" hahahaha, this is more stupid thing I had hear, and after one week I saw in this forum that post he was in Canada making tuning on some cars.
Hello,

Please send me an e-mail MikeM@alteredatmosphere.com (if you have a hotmail account, our server is having conflicts with hotmail addresses, so e-mail us using our website e-mail form here http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/contact/.

I'd like to review everything because, if I remember correctly I made it very clear to you that I needed to obtain a passport before I could fly to Panama. You told me I may not need one so I contacted the State Department. The State Department notified me that I should have a passport and it was in my best interest to get a passport for travel to Panama. I discussed this to you, although you insisted I come without a passport, and told you I would come when I had a passport.

When I did get a passport for this trip, I e-mailed you numerious times in concerns to coming out your way but you never finalized anything with me.

Regarding tuning vehilces in Canda & passport - before Jan. 23, 2007 US Citizens did not need a passport to travel to Canada.

Never the less I am sorry to hear you aren't happy with your experiences with us. When I get a chance to talk to you and review everything, if we did not come through on any of our commitments I will do something about it for you / make it right.

Last edited by Mike@Altered; 02-28-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
^^Better a little bit too long..then too short^^
LOL ---I was thinking the same thing when I read it !!! As the old saying goes----" Geez, I cut it off twice and it's still too short"
Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 AM
EM-EFER

There had to be more to the story.

Very professional response.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
Hello,

I'd like to review everything because, if I remember correctly I made it very clear to you that I needed to obtain a passport before I could fly to Panama.
Im a little confused---U do relize he lives in Panama City Florida as oppossed to the country of Panama, or have I missed something ??
Old 02-28-2007, 05:09 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Hmmmmm tuning out of the country.... Try being patient!!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:15 AM
JDMFairlady21

i believe its panama city fl...
Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 AM
TENGAI

Wow. He's pissed...
Old 02-28-2007, 08:19 AM
ekim81

maybe he just couldn't understand what you were saying............ lol
i'm just playing... sucks to hear that you had such a horrible experience with them. i've heard mixed things about AAM, so please let me know how things pan out... i'd love to see how this gets resolved.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

I had a chance to look into this a little further...

We accidentaly shipped him regular ARP's (the vendor sent us regualr ARP's instead of L19's in a shippment). The customer contacted Dave via e-mail on November 29th at 11:32PM telling us he thought the head studs were incorrect.

Dave e-mailed him back Novermber 30th at 11:07AM asking him if he could send the old set back to us, and what address he wanted us to send the L19's to (he's had us ship parts to several different addresses).

He replied shortly after with the address and requested we send TNT Worldwide Express. Dave sent him an e-mail back that afternoon letting him know we did not have an account with TNT, and could send the L19's via UPS.

At 6:52pm (after we were closed) he sent us an e-mail confirming it was okay to send UPS.

The next morning, December 01, we shipped him the L19's via UPS.

Concerning the tuning:

I received an e-mail (the same evening he e-mailed Dave in regards to the head studs), November 29th, explaining that his car would be running in a week and he wanted to know if I could tune the car mid-December (as we previously spoke about, pending I received my passport). He also stated two other reputable tuners were scheduled to come to his area soon and if I was unable to come he could have one of them tune his car.

I e-mailed him back, December 4th, letting him know the earliest I could come was late December or early January.

I did not receive an e-mail back?

I followed up with another e-mail December 18th.

I did not receive an e-mail back?

I do appologize on any misunderstanding or miscommunications. We were short staffed (working on having a full staff before this spring - just taking our time as I am only interested in hiring exceptional people who can take care of our customers 110%) and I appologize I wasn't able to make it out there to tune your car when you wanted us to. If there is anything I can do in the future to help out I am open to ideas.

Last edited by Mike@Altered; 02-28-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 AM
SGP_Racing

Default Ok----------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by Cannysage
hmm... I've only heard good stuff about AAM I've gained about 24whp from their spacers...

well, maybe about 10 or so, actually.

They 10's BUT they CLEAN huh???? LOL.... Sorry man, I could not pass it up....

-Mark

Quick Reply: My Experience @ Altered Atmosphere