Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Installing a Turbonetics ST kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Look dude, I know that you are eager to be boostin and stuff but when you FI the Z, you have to go no-holds-barred and make sure that the car is not only performing right but all the safety checks are in-place as well.

Imagine if you actually blow your motor because you didn't have the right tune in there.

All cars are differnet, each kit is different, especially a USED kit. When you get it professionally tuned, you tune to your cars specific need and not someone elses.

You have no idea if there is an adjustment to the wastegate or to the turbo housing itself becasue it is used.

If you just get a 'map' and go you could be digging yourself into a whole world of trouble. Being as that you bought a used kit, you seem like you either couldn't afford a new one or didn't wanna spend the extra change for a new one. If this is true, imagine replacing an entire pierced block ro replacing one or two piston rods.

GET A PROFESSIONAL TUNE!!!! You and your car will thank you.

Last edited by Blu_Blur; 03-16-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:27 PM
boostintt

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
Look dude, I knwo that you are eager to be boostin and stuff but when you FI the Z, you have to go no-holds-barred and make sure that the car is not only performing right but all the safety checks are in-place as well.

Imagine if you actually blow your motor because you didn't have the right tune in there.

All cars are differnet, each kti is different, especially a USED kit. When you get it professionally tuned, you tune to your cars specific need and not someone elses.

You have no idea if tehre is an adjustment to the wastegate or tot he turbo housing itself becasue it is used.

If you just get a 'map' and go you could be digging yourself into a whole world of trouble. Being as that you bought a used kit, you seem like you either couldn't afford a new one or didn't wanna spend the extra change for a new one. If this is true, imagine replacing an entire pierced block ro replacing one or two piston rods.

GET A PROFESSIONAL TUNE!!!! You and your car will thank you.
you speak the truth... i go to school and dont work... so no i coulnd afford a new kit... but i did put some money aside for unexpected... so i am gonna get it professinally tuned...
Old 03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boostintt
you speak the truth... i go to school and dont work... so no i coulnd afford a new kit... but i did put some money aside for unexpected... so i am gonna get it professinally tuned...

Excellent decision! Just remember that perfection or anything of good quality takes time and can't be rushed. Tuning doesn't take more than an hour or so for basic requirements and since you don't have a stand alone EMS, the tuner doesn't need to tune for all the little engine parameters which is the beauty of a piggy back system.

Check this out: Not only will your car be safer after you a get a tune, it will probably be stronger and hence, FASTER!!!! You'll have that piece of mind knowing that your car is working within optimal specs which will give you more freedom to drive it around a little harder but as I said before- use the boost sparingly. Don't step on it and keep on it, ya know!