Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dun Dun Dun...another One Bites The Dust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know exactly but carbon tends to change it's gripping properties based on temp...I was driving for a while which causes it to release oil and grip due to heat, but with the outside temp being so cold i probably just clamped on.....my car has no documented history with NISSAN...i modded it starting in 2/04 when i got it and have been asked to never go back....my plans are a secret because yes...it has never been done before....i don't even know if it's gonna work...so why have people ask me a million questions if it's experimental.......i'll tell you on thing when it's done I will post a HUGE write up......
Old 03-07-2007, 10:07 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by THE TECH
On a side note, it's funny how everyone who has plans for the motor always does it in secret like it's something that no one else has done.
some of us just don't like everyone knowing our business.. personally i hate the "i am getting this and that done" threads .. **** i didn't even post in the FI sticky up top of the forum.. i don't list my mods in my sig either.. some people have every mod even tires in their signatures... i guess we are all different. Personally i like to be the normal guy on the forum that everyone assumes just has a Z .. not this TT Z or that Body Kit Z or that or that..
Old 03-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
some of us just don't like everyone knowing our business.. personally i hate the "i am getting this and that done" threads .. **** i didn't even post in the FI sticky up top of the forum.. i don't list my mods in my sig either.. some people have every mod even tires in their signatures... i guess we are all different. Personally i like to be the normal guy on the forum that everyone assumes just has a Z .. not this TT Z or that Body Kit Z or that or that..

+1 on that note......... but i like to list mods.. saves vendors asking me about them....
Old 03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Damn Noah... double suckage man.. I hope the best for your cousin....

And good luck on on the build.. If I know you it's gonna be crazy!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
JWT is not to blame nor is the shop that changed the oil...i counted 6 quarts....ATS TWIN CARBON is the DEVIL.....it was like 12 degreees last night the car didn't want to go into 1st....so i put it in neutral, pressed the clutch and put it in first....the clutch got stuck and jammed up the crank.....how is that JWT or Mobil's fault?!?

maybe my car was always eating oil....i just changed it every month so i never noticed
wow 12 degrees is pretty cold. I honestly wouldn't drive my Z if it was that cold out, I'd let some other car take that punishment. It isn't like you'd be able to get traction anyway if you stepped on it

Originally Posted by THE TECH
On a side note, it's funny how everyone who has plans for the motor always does it in secret like it's something that no one else has done.
+1
never understood the big deal with people going FI or building the engine being a secret. Is it so people can come back in full force with ALL of their awesomeness and have crowds of admirerers gather around? Pretty much anything with car design and performance has been thought of in terms of modding. People have put jet engines in their cars - and bikes. So I dunno, nothing is going to suprise me unless it actually IS a real flux capaciter

Besides, if it was suuuuch a secret, people probably wouldn't even bother to say they're working on a super secret project for their Z. They just wouldn't even mention it. The people that make big announcements then come up with nothing shouldn't have even bothered saying they're working on anything - secret or not

Last edited by sentry65; 03-07-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by jonb7007
+1 on that note......... but i like to list mods.. saves vendors asking me about them....
Hey, you forgot to put your valve stems in your sig.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:22 AM
doug

Originally Posted by jonb7007
well like i said.. everyone is different.. nobody is in the wrong.. we are all just different.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 AM
NoahzBurnt

who said i'm going FI or anything for that matter.....i am working on a few ideas...when I can say I am doing "so and so" with concrete evidence then i will disclose my plans......also things don't always work out as planned....so by me saying nothing noone can speculate....LOOK at what happened to bubble's widebody....so much hype and nothing...

Mike thanx...and yes....if I keep the Z I need to budget horsepower per dollar and see what I can afford
Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Nismo350ZRT

who said i'm going FI or anything for that matter
i still plan to use the JWT KIT on my new motor.....keep your eyes and ears open.....I have some "plans" for her!!!
Uh, you did in your first post.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
zman1910

...i still plan to use the JWT KIT on my new motor.....keep your eyes and ears open.....I have some "plans" for her!!!
So to answer your question...you said it
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Nismo350ZRT

LOL zman, we posted at the same time but I beat you!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Who cares if he wants his stuff a secret? Being on the forums doesnt give everybody the right to others business, you guys are such cry babies. Id much rather see a final post with the build info and results than a lame a$$ "Im doing XXX and XXX thread"....
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by Alberto
Who cares if he wants his stuff a secret? Being on the forums doesnt give everybody the right to others business, you guys are such cry babies. Id much rather see a final post with the build info and results than a lame a$$ "Im doing XXX and XXX thread"....
Uh, if you want to keep it a secret, then don't going around telling ppl you have a secret.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He only said that because I asked what his plans were, its not like he said "Im building, but Im not telling anybody what my plans are!"
Old 03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
JETPILOT

Good thing is now is that your out of the woods! Bad things happen in 3's.

1. Your old lady
2. Your ride
3. Your cousin

It's all downhill from here.

JET
Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
NoahzBurnt

thanx jet.....wanna rub my face in it some more.....

my new plans...600rwhp with an entirely different set-up.....
Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by doug
I hear you, but I also like hearing what a particular build includes and with pics and/or videos of the process. Isn't this forum partly for learning about the other guy's mistakes/misfortunes and congratulating them on their comeback? This is probably the only place where you can get props for spending so much money on car parts. Without a doubt, most family and friends will never understand this passion.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

sorry to hear about this noah.....and your cousin.hopefully everything will turn out ok for you.

good luck.
keith
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
NoahzBurnt

ok....well my car should be picked up friday and is being dropped off in alabama......that's the plan for now...no guarantees it will work or even be practical...but i am going to be the guinea pig

If you can't figure out my plans now you are an idiot!!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:46 AM
doug

ok....well my car should be picked up friday and is being dropped off in alabama......

If you can't figure out my plans now you are an idiot!!!!
Jeremy started that very same project

Quick Reply: Dun Dun Dun...another One Bites The Dust!!!