Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Dynojet Tune of JWT TT 700 BBs from VRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:53 PM
thawk408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle1
I think it is actually closer to 13. Probably should get a tanker truck license for it. But with all the cooling mods I can just flog it around Laguna Seca lap after lap and the stabilized water temp is about 95 C.
DAM, thats a lot of oil! Do you have dual coolers or something? Got any pics coolers and the preoiler stuff?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by doug
i am confused.. these turbo's dyno all over the map.. sometimes the TQ is 100 more.. sometimes its exactly the same as the HP.. on the same car with the same mods
Great question, we've seen the 530s usually have more torque than WHP at 10 PSI and above. The 700s the torque exceeds at 15 PSI and above.

In this particular case we tried to tune the car to have almost equal curves to allow the car to have the best Corner Exit Speed. Too much Torque would make it kinda unmanageable.

Take care.

M
Old 03-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The oil cooler is just a typical Setrab. There is an oil pan spacer from JWT, and then the big Amsoil BMK-13 unit. Picture below:

Old 03-31-2007, 07:56 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Nice...

Received your message on Button Willow Ed. I will be there for th 13 confg...

M
Old 03-31-2007, 11:57 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by Eagle1
The oil cooler is just a typical Setrab. There is an oil pan spacer from JWT, and then the big Amsoil BMK-13 unit. Picture below:

Cool pic. Just wounder how the oil cool would add 3 quarts?
Old 04-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thawk408
Cool pic. Just wounder how the oil cool would add 3 quarts?
1 more quart from the spacer, 1 quart from the setrab and about 1 quart from the Amsoil BMK-13
Old 04-01-2007, 02:07 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
1 more quart from the spacer, 1 quart from the setrab and about 1 quart from the Amsoil BMK-13
Sounds about right John.

It is also important to point out that Eagle's system, like any NEWLY BUILT MOTOR, takes more oil when the motor is completely dry than the normal levels when you do an oil-change.

I believe when we originally built Eagle's motor the car took around 12 quarts WHEN COMPLETELY dry from the time the motor was out of the car and then affixed back in. It has been 1.5 years so don't hold me to that exact number.

M
Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Sounds about right John.

It is also important to point out that Eagle's system, like any NEWLY BUILT MOTOR, takes more oil when the motor is completely dry than the normal levels when you do an oil-change.

I believe when we originally built Eagle's motor the car took around 12 quarts WHEN COMPLETELY dry from the time the motor was out of the car and then affixed back in. It has been 1.5 years so don't hold me to that exact number.

M
I think that is right, and the bypass filter we are running now is actually one size larger than the one in the picture (the EaBP 100 which is an inch and a half longer in length). And do not forget we have a pre-oiler unit up there as well, and that takes a slug of oil in addition. Overall the bypass system alone takes up almost three quarts. (the author of the article below who documented his installation recalls that it was about three additional quarts just from the Amsoil bypass system plus pre-oiler too, so I think we are on the same ground. The filter that goes in there for high flow is much bigger than the stock nissan/purolator/mobil filter unit also, perhaps three or four times the volume). Remember, there are quite a number of lines running back and forth to the cooler and the bypass filter too, and that adds to the capacity of the system. It is a lot of syn oil. But it seems to work. Bottom line, it is not one quart extra for the Amsoil unit. With the pre-oiler and lines, closer to 2.5-3.0 quarts all by itself.

The oil serves multiple functions. One is to lubricate and protect the frictional surfaces of course. But another is to operate as a heat exchanger.
It carries the heat and with an oil cooler there is the transfer to the oil/radiator-cooler fins and then to the air. There is also the benefit of the micro filter operation of the BMK-13 unit, which is removing pariculates over 1 micron in diameter, versus the 30microns of a typical high flow filter. Depending on the tolerances in your motor, there is much more frictional interaction with the larger micron particulates, ash etc in the oil. That friction will create additional heat...and wear...on your motor. But in addition, the particulates attract and retain the heat longer than your oil....not a good thing. So by straining it out you protect your motor, and help with heat. Finally, with a 12-13 quart volume you have a larger body to absorb that heat. You have to get an equilibrium of course, but it definitely helps.

Then there is the larger three core aluminum radiator. The water/coolant jacket is doing its thing and the more efficient aluminum racing radiator helps with thermal management.

Then we have the various thermal coatings, and finally the hood venting and intakes to pull in more fresh air across the block and to express more radiant heat, more quickly, out of the engine bay.

Every little bit helps.

People are shocked when we pull in off the track after 20 minutes of hard running, pop the hood, and immediately slap my bare palm on top of the Motordyne iso thermal intake plenum and smile and hold it there.

Here is a link with a general description and a couple of pictures if it interests you. There is an article on installation too:
http://www.smartsynthetics.com/produ...mk01-amk02.htm (amsoil propaganda)
http://g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=51 (article-lots of pictures)

Last edited by Eagle1; 04-01-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Yeah I know that is how it should be, but he stated he holds 13 quarts.