Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

STS Rear Mount Turbo Z in South East

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Sub zero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cube
Don't lie... you even said yourself that maybe you shouldn't have gone with the larger turbo because of the slight lag you feel. Keep in mind, the original "prototype" for this kit opted to go with a larger turbo than STS originally designed to go with the Z.

That lag.

Hah... hah...

That picture I posted (which is in fact his Z) shows the original turbo they designed to go with this kit, and he decided to go with a larger turbo (not shown) and is currently running the larger turbo on the kit.
You were almost 100% right....but for the past 2 months I have been running on a different turbo. I'm not sure how you get your current events but you really need a better source.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Cube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have the time today, but tomorrow I'll dig up where all this was mentioned.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:19 AM
DanielW
Banned

calm down guys
Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Cube

Originally Posted by Sub zero
You were almost 100% right....but for the past 2 months I have been running on a different turbo. I'm not sure how you get your current events but you really need a better source.
Originally Posted by Sub zero
I laughed my *** off because this REALLY did happen....except the wet pants part. haha I have only lived in Utah for almost a year in April...I was racing a WS6 and smoked thee living **** out of his ***....i ofcourse gave the thumbs up and he either returned with a middle finger or a duece. lol

ANYWAY.....I am happy as ****!!!! ....The sound of the turbo spooling is fu*king unreal.....it sounds sooooooo damn good. I opted for the larger turbo....which i feel was a mistake....full boost kicks in at around 3100-3200. Rick (owner of STS) told me the smaller turbo would be alot funner.....it spools at 2700 and pulls HARD!!!

ANYWAY i am happy as hell.....EVERYONE SHOULD GET THIS TURBO!!!!!!! Please call the company and see for yourself....

I will be racing my buddys APS TT G35 and my buddies SUpercharged G35 tonight or tomorrow....i will post results.....i will be taking vids of this race!!!!

I am too happy....must go out and drive Z AGAIN
That's as current of events as I got... please update me on your "current events" since I don't watch your everyday life from a tree with a pair of binoculars.

Oh and PS: funner is not a word.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Rickdood

Oh SNAP
Old 05-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Sub zero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

again....that post I made was atleast 2 months ago. The turbo was replaced with a smaller one.

P.S. This isn't a ****in spelling bee
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
abyss

where's da vids of those races?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Cube

Where's the timeslips? You said you were gonna go to the newer track opening up? Since the beat-up old track didn't give timeslips?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Enron Exec

I know someone named Chris in an Evo 8 and he posted this back on 4/28/07.

So my buddy here has a widebody 350 who is a prototype turbo kit for sts turbo systems..
They set him up with a nice single turbo set up with a front mount and the works... He really wanted to see what it could do so he called me out to cruise last night.
First thing i notice is this car sounds beautiful!!!! The turbo spooling with the exhaust note is just sex!!!
Anyways, we get onto the freeway for some roll races where i am sure he is going to kill me... first race we line up at 50mph, he honks off. 1,2,3 we are off and pull a car off the bat, hold that car till i shift and he pulls even through the next gear.. Then i shift to 4th and he starts creeping away and we let off at about 120 with him a car and half ahead..
Thing moves on the top end..
We raced a few more times with me pulling from the start and him catching me at 100mph +

He said it's only on 7psi and that the 10psi should be coming soon.. I need moar turbo!
So, who was this 350Z w/ the STS? The Evo 8 has stock turbo, cams, most bolt-ons, crappy tune from what i hear. From my personal exp, a well running Evo8 with a simular setup took a 1 car jump on my APS TT 350Z from a 60 roll.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
DieselNuts

hmmmmmmmm....Im curious to know exactly what that evo has done to it, and what its running in the 1/4 (e.t. and trap)
Old 05-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Cube

The original installation of the STS prototype was on a silver widebody Z with wheels tucked faaaar into the wide fenders. That is probably it.

I tried searchin for this post you're talkin about and I couldn't find it. If you can find the location of this "Chris" guy with the Evo if it's there, then you can pretty much assume it's the same Z I'm talkin about if Chris is in Utah or somewhere nearby.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Enron Exec

Originally Posted by danielwebb
are you saying that this kit is going to be better than an aps tt?
No, i said a simularly modded Evo8 with a much better tune was still able to jump 1 car on me, due to little/no lag from thier small 16G turbo.

Chris's Evo8 is putting down less hp and tq, sorry i dont know the exact numbers, im gonna toss out 30-40 ish less, yet still jumped 1-1/2 cars on the STS 350Z.

My conclusion from all this dicey info is, take this with a grain of salt, that a STS 350Z is gonna lose maybe 1 to 1-1/2 car lengths on the jump from a freeway roll due to lag versus a TT 350Z. This is of course assuming all things being equal and this is at a speed where the STS has minimum lag, like 50 mph.

edit: my run against the Evo8 was from 60 so that put me in a lower rpm.

Last edited by Enron Exec; 05-07-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Enron Exec

Originally Posted by Cube
The original installation of the STS prototype was on a silver widebody Z with wheels tucked faaaar into the wide fenders. That is probably it.

I tried searchin for this post you're talkin about and I couldn't find it. If you can find the location of this "Chris" guy with the Evo if it's there, then you can pretty much assume it's the same Z I'm talkin about if Chris is in Utah or somewhere nearby.
Chris use to live in Houston and his dad had a SRT-4 that they all modded and raced. Yes, he lives in Utah at the moment, his info says SLC from the houston forum.

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=384571
Old 05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Cube

Yep, I guessed right. That's the original prototype Z in Utah (which, coincidentally, is where Squires works their magic).

There's PLENTY of info on it here... all the info you could ever need... except dyno numbers and track timeslips.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:28 AM
Kee1pride

i'd be the evo8 that enron is talking about. enron is being generous though. we did a 60 and i pulled right off the bat, by 120 we were dead even and by 130 he had a car to a car and a half on me. the aero dynamics of my car have to pretty much start failing on me for it to pass. after 100 im just a brick moving through the air in comparison to you guys 350z's

anyhow he has yet to run my current setup. as soon as i get my power steering hose situation fixed and my car retuned (for new mod!) enron and i will have another go at it (solely for comparison sake of course.)

i left these forums because they disapproved of street racing after a certain point.

currently as my car sits, untuned with about 350 extra lbs in the car and on low boost i lost to a cammed gto by half a fender. and also a 400whp gt35r s2k by a full fender! (lol) video here.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=483177
btw yes i know in the video it looks like my car is an evo9 but it just has evo9 headlights and a front bumper because i got them for 100 bucks a pop from a friend who wanted to swap (theres much more to the story but its kind of personal)

chris, the owner of the evo in discussion that ran the sts turbo z has

"HKS RS intake,o2 housing, Helix Downpipe, Helix test pipe, espilir cat back, ebay tubular manifold, Forge manual boost controller, txs recirc bov(soon switching to forge rs), walbro pump, Custom tune by dynoflash."

quoted from his signature on evom

i have:

AMS downpipe, AMS midpipe, AMS testpipe, AMS catback, Helix o2 housing, Maxford Exhaust manifold, Evo9 turbo, HKS RS intake, LPI upper and lower intercooler pipes, GRE front mount intercooler, GSC 272/272 intake and exhaust camshafts, ARP headstuds, Walbro 255 fuel pump, FORGE diverter valve (bov), FORGE Manual boost controller @ 24 psi, tapering to 21-22 psi at 7k, innovative wideband LC-1, Apexi turbo timer, TRE spec race transmission, stg2 ported head with titanium ferra valves, ACT stg1 clutch with ACT prolight flywheel, driver mod (1.73 60 foots).

i think i have a tad more than chris does...

anyhow it's not tuned as it sits. its tuned for everything but the evo9 turbo. that just recently went in 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by Kee1pride; 05-13-2007 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:35 AM
DieselNuts

He says that he is doing 1.73 60'. Do you know what his ET and Trap is?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Kee1pride

are you talking about me? I ran 1.73 60's chris has never run his car at a track. I ran Enron. I'm not the evo in question that ran the STS 350z
Old 05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
DieselNuts

oh, my bad... i thought that was him. I saw the "quoted from his signature on evom" and thought it was him, but I see now.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

So was this turbo ever completed or what?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Yup, working on the 2nd one right now. Waiting till they are all said and done to post about them.