Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New vortech dyno charts at GTM 477.8 whp 383 tq

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65

the vortech is noisy though, I mean you really can hear it. So it's possible cops might hassle you just from hearing the car and wanting to make sure nothing illegal is on the car

If that situation were to arise, I would hope and pray that the carb eo # is enough.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it usually is
Old 04-23-2007, 03:54 PM
sentry65
the burninator

I'm suprised no one has jumped in and said something about my SSV and my dyno saying how making power while running it should be some sorta time/space paradox

it now has a million boost taps going into it too

Last edited by sentry65; 04-23-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Barzten1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Booger
Sentry65
Notorious BIG
Tupac

......any pattern seen here? (I know, terrible way to compliment) My wife make fun of me (calls me Mr Brightside) because Im always trying to mediate and negotiate when it comes to arguments. Hey I work in the bar business so Im use to it. I love both you cats and would rather see you work together than against eachother. Both of you guys have gone out of your to help me out several times and Im greatful.

Hey Sentry how much (ballpark) does it cost to replace the fuel pump assembly?

Anyways I know you can make tons more power with a turbo kit but I love my Vortech and my measly 400whp. I race a guy with a JWT TT kit a week ago and beat him pretty good. Race my buddies 300z on a 40 roll last week also and he's seeing near 500whp. Instantly put 2 cars on him and although he ended up passing me around 120 (LOL) I was right there. Couldn't imagine having the power Booger or Sentry have. Long Live the Vortech!

Sentry I know you have alot of things going on but PLEAAASE get with Dr Todd when you get free and help me get my car running. Want to put out some more vids out for the Z family for this summer
Old 04-23-2007, 04:23 PM
sentry65
the burninator

OEM pump assembly is like $300

I'll really try to take pics of my busted up old pump assembly. Maybe I'll make a video even so it can be seen how loose or broken things were
I'd love to see you up and running well too!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Barzten1

By now I dont mind spitting 300 down for a fix. Getting that spring fever. LOL Weather has been pretty ****ty here in Alb last few weeks.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sentry65
booger, I've never done this to anyone, but I'm going to have to put you on my ignore list. Good luck with everything, but I don't see how our knowledge will benefit each other any more

Oh geeez isnt this funny as $hit
Isnt this a typical response from a little boy that just got beat at his own game .You were a total A$$ in my last two threads . You get paid back and now your gonna take your ball and go home with your tail between your legs .
Old 04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
booger

Originally Posted by Kenk2
Booger,

are you wanting to be banned for a second time?? From what I remember, your on borrowed time! wtf?? Why dont you go to GTM and get an FCon, tuned by Sam and be happy with your setup??

Maybe you should call Sam and tell him his Dyno is a POS and you arequestioning his tuning on the motor because that is what it seems like to me..
Ive never been banned here . Im paying Sentry back for acting just as bad as Ive been acting here , maybe worse because I asked him to stop in both and he wouldnt stop . In fact he kept going and going to try to be as annoying as possible .
Old 04-23-2007, 06:17 PM
booger

One more post with just a little bit of info to do a comparo .

Assuming both Sentry and Dereks car started with 240whp [ ball park and more than likely Sentry had more Vs the G35 ]

Sentry 477whp at 11psi = 21.5whp per 1psi

Derek 525whp at 20psi = 14.2whp per 1 psi .. with high flow heads !!!

Both tuned with a F-con...go figure !!

Last edited by booger; 04-23-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
One more post with just a little bit of info to do a comparo .

Assuming both Sentry and Dereks car started with 240whp [ ball park and more than likely Sentry had more Vs the G35 ]

Sentry 477whp at 11psi = 21.5whp per 1psi

Derek 525whp at 20psi = 14.2whp per 1 psi

Both tuned with a F-con...go figure !!
must be the SSV?

seriously though, i see your the point you are trying to relay but every car is different, the supporting mods are different. the dynos are different. its really hard to say, only way to directly compare the cars would be at the same dyno under the same conditions.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:28 PM
booger

Originally Posted by Nexx
must be the SSV?

seriously though, i see your the point you are trying to relay but every car is different, the supporting mods are different. the dynos are different. its really hard to say, only way to directly compare the cars would be at the same dyno under the same conditions.
Out of Sentry's own mouth . Both cars were dynoed on the same dyno .
GTM was th last ones to work on Dereks car before I bought the cog system and T-trim off of Derek . SAME DYNO !!!!!!

Supporting mods would be thoughs mods that increased air flow through the motor . Derek's heads are fully port and pollished with cams . Sentry' has cams . The SSV isnt going to out flow the difference in the heads

[edit ] Im not sure where Derek said he dynoed the car...it could have been somewhere else

Last edited by booger; 04-23-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM
PORTUGEE

Originally Posted by Barzten1

I race a guy with a JWT TT kit a week ago and beat him pretty good.
Jason, I launched from idle because I dont know this car yet and I'm not trying to break the stock clutch. I also thought we were just horsing around, but if I somehow turned into a JWT TT kill story lets do it again. I dont doubt your car is fast, I'm just not giving you a win that easy.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
sentry65
the burninator

here's the pictures of the pump assembly and some other pics of my car

the pump assembly had that blue fitting which is really loose. Then one of the CJM lines connects to the attachment point to the right of it. Something was up with that bag thing. And some hole (possibly where the blue fitting connects to?) was possibly not the right size
Attached Thumbnails New vortech dyno charts at GTM 477.8 whp 383 tq-img_0500.jpg   New vortech dyno charts at GTM 477.8 whp 383 tq-img_0501.jpg   New vortech dyno charts at GTM 477.8 whp 383 tq-img_0493.jpg   New vortech dyno charts at GTM 477.8 whp 383 tq-img_0494.jpg   New vortech dyno charts at GTM 477.8 whp 383 tq-img_0498.jpg  

Old 04-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Barzten1

Originally Posted by PORTUGEE
Jason, I launched from idle because I dont know this car yet and I'm not trying to break the stock clutch. I also thought we were just horsing around, but if I somehow turned into a JWT TT kill story lets do it again. I dont doubt your car is fast, I'm just not giving you a win that easy.
Hey Joel I didnt mention any names. LOL.....Ill be the first one to admit I took advantage of the moment. You know Im always down to line them up. I run because I like to run. I win everytime I hear my car at 6k rpm. That car is gunna be a beast when you get it tuned and figured out. Those 20's are going to kill your launch but they look hot.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
PORTUGEE

Originally Posted by Barzten1
Hey Joel I didnt mention any names. LOL.....Ill be the first one to admit I took advantage of the moment. You know Im always down to line them up. I run because I like to run. I win everytime I hear my car at 6k rpm. That car is gunna be a beast when you get it tuned and figured out. Those 20's are going to kill your launch but they look hot.
Cool man, Have you done any 1/4 mile runs?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TIMROD1011
Guess I should have keep my belt fix a secret so people LIKE YOU would not copy it.

I've been nice enough to pass along my work. Thats what this website is about. You won't be getting any more help from me.

How can you own a car and have now idea about the tuning?

By the way, when I pay to have work done on my car that info belongs to me, not the guy I paid. I really dought that GTM works like that.
I think you are way out of line. You cant possibly expect a shop to give out timing info, maybe peak redline #'s, but certainly not a complete timing graph-basically the tune. Every tuner has a different way of doing things, its how they make money, its what Sam, Sharif and many other tuners are well known for. Asking them to share a timing map is like asking a restaurant for a secret recipe, you just dont do it. For respect to Sharif I have never and will never answer any timing questions as I feel that is something that should be kept to the tuner and the customer if he asks. Many reputable shops do indeed keep this info on the DL.

Back on topic-Sentry your car kicks a$$, my favorite S/C setup on the boards.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:22 PM
sentry65
the burninator

I know booger is still in here posting and probably blasting me or whatever from what I see in people quoting him.

I don't know Dsports exact setup or what his timing map was, but I believe he had:

Heads:
-M2 Race Systems Port & Polished Heads
-Ferrea Valvetrain
-Tomei Cams
-ARP Head Studs

Block:
-Cosworth Performance Machined and Balanced
-XS Engineering Assembled and Tuned
-Wiseco 8.8:1 CR Pistons
-Pauter Rods
-ARP Main Studs
-ATI Racing Damper

Supercharger:
-Vortech T-trim Supercharger
-XS Engineering Custom Piping
-31X11.2X4.5 Intercooler
-Custom 3" piping
-Custom cog setup off of the crank pulley

Fuel System:
-XS Engineering Custom Fuel System
-Aeromotive FPR
-Aeromotive Fuel Pump
-RC Engineering Injectors

Drivetrain:
-ATS triple clutch
-Driveshaft Shop Stage 5 Axles
-Kaaz LSD

-Crawford Z Intake Manifold

these parts I don't know what he has on his car:
-headers?
-cats/test pipes and what diameter?
-exhaust and what diameter etc?

mainly he reached his power by reving to 7500+ rpms. If I was able to rev to 7500+ rpms, what psi and hp would my car make? I dunno we'll never know. Derek never posted an actual dyno online that I've seen. I think he was making over 400 tq at the wheels though if I remember right. I read that he made 481whp on pump gas @15 psi before he broke the 500whp barrier. Since that power was made with so much PSI, I think his timing was reduced a lot. I think Sam pushed my timing and listened for knock with the HKS knock amp with headphones.

key differences between his car and mine:

how do our timing maps compare??? we have no idea
my stock blower with 2.87 pulley vs his T-trim blower
his 8.8 CR vs my 10.3 CR pistons
his rods and pistons weigh slightly less than my stock ones
his ported heads with 5 angle valve job vs my stock heads
was Dsport running water injection at the time?
he had 3 inch intake piping and a really large intercooler vs my stock diameter piping and stock intercooler
he ran the stock crank pulley vs my 5 lb lighter KJR
G35's have steel driveshafts which are ?? lbs heavier than the 350Z's CF/steel driveshaft
he had a stock throttlebody, mine is a ported 350EVO
He had stock motor and diff mounts, I have solid - so no power is wasted rotating the engine and diff
I think he had heavier PIAA Super Rozza 19X9F 19X10R wheels and probably heavier tires vs my lightweight 18 inch SSR's and lighter competition tires
his stage 5 axels are larger diameter and heavier than my stock axels
we both have brembo kits, but my stoptech 2 piece aero rotors weigh 1 lb less each in the rear than his
he had an earlier crawford plenum vs my SSV with thermogasket

anyway I don't know what his exhaust, headers, or cats/test pipes setup was, but I have HPC coated crawford headers, 2.5 inch AAM HFC, and dual APS exhaust with X-pipe

Last edited by sentry65; 04-23-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
sentry65
the burninator

thanks Alberto, that actually means a lot coming from you

and also to everyone really. I've bought parts from so many people on these boards who've had a hand in my car at one point or another
Old 04-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Barzten1

Originally Posted by PORTUGEE
Cool man, Have you done any 1/4 mile runs?
Before I added return fuel, 550 injectors, high flow cats, UTEC, 3.12 pulley and the good graces Of Dr Todd I ran a 13.3 @ 108. Not bad at our 5k feet and the DA at the track was 8
Old 04-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so bert, whats that timing look like at 15 psi from 4000 to 7000, TIA man!!!

Quick Reply: New vortech dyno charts at GTM 477.8 whp 383 tq