Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Function:TUNED STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Function:TUNED STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program

23571 Pebble Run Pl
Unit 145
Sterling, VA 20166
sales@functiontuned.com
www.functiontuned.com

Function:TUNED is proud to introduce our STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program.

This program offers you the security and peace of mind that comes along with having your parts installed and tuning done by a competent, financially stable company that specializes in the 350Z/G35 and VQ motors.

Over the past three years through my extensive experience with the 350Z and G35 platform and all aspects of its performance upgrades we now offer a 12 month Unlimited Mile Warranty on Stock Rods and Pistons (i.e. the parts that normally break on Stock FI Motors). There are certain requirements that must be met by the customer over the term of the warranty, but nothing that is outside of the norm when it comes to proper maintenance of a FI 350Z/G35. This means that you must change your oil with Motul 300V or similar oil every 3000 miles and we will not cover user errors such as over revving, overheating (lack of coolant), over boosting, sanctioned track/racing use, oil starvation or stock mechanical failures in the timing system or valve train. As many of you know the stock rods in these cars are very small, but with the proper tuning, setup, maintenance, and quality install by Function:TUNED those issues can be avoided.

To receive the full benefits of the Function:Tuned 12 Month Stock Motor FI Warranty you must use our recommend mix of performance parts and the Function:TUNED Stage .5 Return Fuel Solution.

Approved FI Kits
  • Greddy Twin Turbo System with Intercooler
  • APS Twin Turbo System (Tuner)
  • APS Single Turbo System
  • Vortech Supercharger System
  • Procharger Supercharger System
  • Power Enterprises Twin Turbo Kit
Eligibility Requirements

All install and tuning must be performed at Function:TUNED. All engine management and fuel system components must be purchased at Function:TUNED. If you are purchasing a new FI kit Function:TUNED must be given the first option of offering you the kit for the best price. Used kits will incur a small inspection fee so that we can confirm that it is in proper operating condition and that all parts are available.

Stock Motor Inventory

Below you will see what has become our collection of Stock “Take-out” VQ35 engines. Take-Out refers to a motor that has been removed from a vehicle after it has been claimed as unrepairable or as a salvage vehicle. All long blocks are backed with a complete inspection which includes a dry spin of the motor, compression and leak down tests. As you can also see we have 3 OEM “Take Out” Short blocks. These short blocks are long blocks that were disassembled so that we could use them as cores for built motors in the future, but they can also be used as replacement motors if we are out of stock long blocks.

Please forgive how the exterior of these motors. It is the interior that is sensative and we have confirmed that they are up to spec for compression and leak down.

Stock Motor Inventory Condition

If you’re motor does break while covered under the Function:TUNED 12 Month Stock Motor FI Warranty we will replace your blown motor with one of these motors. We guarantee that none of these motors has more then 40K miles and you will maintain the balance of your remaining warranty on the motor that is reinstalled.

Built Motor Upgrade Option

Optionally if your stock motor breaks while under the Function:TUNED 12 Month Stock Motor FI Warranty you may upgrade to a built motor. We will cover the labor to swap the motor as if it was a stock motor takeout complete longblock. Additional charges will apply for any additional parts or labor that is required for your specific setup. Please contact us for further details on this option. The built motor must be purchased through Function:TUNED and will also be available for new warranty coverage of 24 Months with the addition of the Function:TUNED Standalone EMS system and Function:TUNED Standalone Tuning.

48 Hour Turn-Around

We have stock motors in stock specifically so that we can swap your broken motor within 48 hours from when the vehicle is dropped off!

Exclusions and Due Diligence

In the rare case that a stock motor does break while under warranty Function:TUNED will perform a complete tear down of the broken motor to determine the exact cause of the breakage with complete photo documentation of the disassembly. A sample of oil in the motor will also be sent to Black Mountain Labs for diagnosis. A sample of the fuel in the rails will be sent to ExxonMobil headquaters which is 10 miles aways from us. Because of Function:Tuned’s due diligence in this situation we reserve the right to deny any warranty claim if the motor failure is found to be anything other then a rod or piston failure. Please see above for the situations where we will not honor the warranty.

Customer Responsibility

93 Octane Fuel must ALWAYS be used. Using lower then 93 Octane will void the warranty.

The customer must notify Function:TUNED of any issues with the vehicle within 24 hours of occurrence. This includes both a broken motor as well as other issue such as overheating, poor drivability, and an accident. If the vehicle is involved in a collision then a baseline dyno must be performed by an independent facility at the cost of the owner and sent to Function:TUNED along with a list of what work was done to repair the vehicle. If this is not completed then the Function:TUNED Stock FI Motor Warranty shall be deemed null and void. Photographs of the vehicles chassis will be taken prior to completion of the install so that they can be compared to any returned vehicles. This ensures that outside issues from accidents is not the cause of failure. The customer is also responsible for ALL transportation costs to and from the shop, both for initial install as well as any required repairs. Function:TUNED does provide fee based door-to-door transportation services as an added convenience.

Power and Boost Expectations

Due to the conservative nature of my tuning we will only be offering a minimum of 6 PSI and a maximum of 9PSI of boost. Power will not exceed 380 to 390 RWHP on our in-house DynoDynamics Dyno. Most stock cars dyno in the 210 to 240 RWHP range on our DynoDynamics Dyno.

Pricing

Function:TUNED is dedicated to providing the best possible pricing on parts and labor. We will not always be the least expensive but we will also not be the most expensive. Please email us for a quote.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Gumpdriver

Wow that sounds very promising.

Stage .5 Return Fuel Solution please clear up this for me in a PM and the price of a Greddy kit and SFR Kit with I/C?

Last edited by Gumpdriver; 05-02-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Zexy

Damn that rusted motor looks pretty shot.

How do you guys ensure/know for a fact that the customer will follow your responsability guidelines? (boost levels, octane levels, etc)
Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 PM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

^ i was thinking the same thing. (how do you trust/believe the customer)
Old 05-02-2007, 01:42 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by Gumpdriver
Wow that sounds very promising.

Stage .5 Return Fuel Solution please clear up this for me in a PM and the price of a Greddy kit and SFR Kit with I/C?
+1 I would like to replace my AAm fuel sestem dave can you PM me some info on this?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Gumpdriver

Originally Posted by Zexy

How do you guys ensure/know for a fact that the customer will follow your responsability guidelines? (boost levels, octane levels, etc)
Looks like just one of them is really rusted.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM
350Z_LEE

Going to any good tuner will net you a year on an FI motor at least...so I don't see what the big deal is. A whopping 1 year warranty for that power level..
Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
350Z_LEE

Originally Posted by Zexy

+1

Too many variables...I blow motor, I say I changed the oil, you say I didn't...who wins? Good luck with that.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Gumpdriver

Originally Posted by 350Z_LEE
+1

Too many variables...I blow motor, I say I changed the oil, you say I didn't...who wins? Good luck with that.
There are but I bet we will get some clarification on this in a couple on min.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 PM
NoahzBurnt

I have worked with Dave at AAM and I will vouch for him as a stand up guy. It was always his goal to back up the work and parts he provided. Granted good tuning should help a motor last more than a year but at least this is piece of mind for people. If you ask many of Dave's old customers you will quickly find out that he is both honest and customer oriented. I know saying "take his word for it" is a hard pill to swallow but I would personally feel confident with Function:TUNED working on my car.

DISCLAMER: I have no vested interest in Function:TUNED, Dave, Juan and associates. I have worked with him in the past and can attest first hard in his ability to back-up his promises. My car is getting an LSX motor swapped in it and I cannot even goto F:T for work. But they are definately a great shop and deserve the chance to earn your business.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 PM
THE TECH

Interesting concept.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
My car is getting an RSX motor swapped in it and I cannot even goto F:T for work.

fixed.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:29 PM
THE TECH

The rusted motor could be a JDM one. They usually look like that after coming in containers over here to the US.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Zexy

Originally Posted by THE TECH
The rusted motor could be a JDM one. They usually look like that after coming in containers over here to the US.
No... I've gotten several japanese motors and they have never arrived like that. Looks like it's been out in the open rain in a yard and left for the elements to rust it. I as a customer wouldn't replace a clean looking motor for one looking like that. Japanese ones aren't in demand anyways since plenty of the same ones are available here!

Either way. Kudos to FT for offering this.. The customer always wins i guess.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE TECH

Ocean salt FTL....
Old 05-02-2007, 05:48 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Ocean salt FTL....
That's what I'm saying.

I've imported motors before and they can definitely look like this.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good program. Obviously some variables but that goes without saying for any boosted application.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

very nice off for those who want to stay with a stock motor great idea guys
Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM
DBTRACK

sounds good.... now get working on my 07 motor

Quick Reply: Function:TUNED STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program