Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Proper way to plumb Tial WG w/ EBC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:03 AM
JoeDirtPharmD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper way to plumb Tial WG w/ EBC?

Having a moment of idiocy; with my conversion to the Tial ext. wg on the APS ST, I'm having some difficulty understanding how to plumb the vac/input lines on this thing. Whereas before with the APS actuator there was only one tee on the wastegate control, the Tial has two ports.

Trying to search this on my own, some references say to tee into the side port and leave the top open to atmosphere. Others say I need to put a vac/boost line on the side port and tie the EBC into the top port.

Per Tial, when using an EBC, the top port is connected to the 'out' on the EBC solenoid, the the side port is connected to the tee on the compressor of the turbo.

Problem: I have no such tee off the turbo, so can I just tee into a vac/boost line on the intake manifold (as shown below?)

Currently, there is a tee off the intake tube that formally went to APS' boost controller, then onto the wastegate actuator. I now have that same line coming from the intake tube running into the 'in' on the EBC solenoid. Just trying to figure out where to tee into for the side port of the Tial WG.

If what I have pictured isn't correct, can someone instruct me as to correctly hook this thing up? Much thanks!

OR

OR

????
Old 05-27-2007, 09:32 AM
tig488

the T on the compressor housing is the same thing as using the port on intake charge pipe.

mine has the line coming from the comp housing (intake pipe) T'd into the bottom of the tial, then to the ebc box, then out to the top port on the tial. i guess thats like your bottom diagram.

what brand ebc are you using.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:34 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

Blitz i SBD somthing-rather

I had it plumbed all whacked out so reconfiguring as we speak.

For the first time today the WG would open >14.5psi and you could def hear it, whereas before it wasn't opening. I suppose the spring settled or maybe the diaphragm (sp?) is pinched in the WG? I suppose I'll open it up and double-check...
Old 05-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can chk your diaphram "just cuz"...wouldnt hurt to eliminate that possibility. I would tend to run a separate Vac. from the source rather than a tee, so as not to interupt the message to the EBC