Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Performance Factory saves you guys money (stock block boosted cars)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:46 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
True, if it were proven.

It's been proven in Z's and other performance cars alike that returnless fuel systems work in boosted appliations to a point. Jeremy has just restated this fact and noted that he has multiple cars as proof. This is also evident from the 100's of turbonetics cars on the road that are running in accepible AFR's, or even rich, on 380cc injectors.

Still, people won't believe it works due to the fact that some shops claimed it's "required".
no performance shop ever said it was required.. the said for added security.. i think that was sharif's very words in this thread.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:49 AM
doug

Hey i am all for jeremy trying new things and proving others wrong..

however.. if he is going to set my car up to run like that.. he will have to give me a warranty stating that if my car blows up due to fuel issues.. i will have my motor replaced.. that is all
Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by doug

however.. if he is going to set my car up to run like that.. he will have to give me a warranty stating that if my car blows up due to fuel issues.. i will have my motor replaced.. that is all

if he tunes it for = or under 400whp why shoudl he give you one... its not needed at those power levels... if he gives you a 440+whp tuned car or higher id look more into the FRS

the fact that you are going Fi means you motor coul blown up anytime anyways, even with fuel return its not fail safe
Old 05-29-2007, 09:58 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

no performance shop ever said it was required.. the said for added security.. i think that was sharif's very words in this thread.

maybe aam said it jk -ZNoT
Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 AM
doug

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
if he tunes it for = or under 400whp why shoudl he give you one... its not needed at those power levels... if he gives you a 440+whp tuned car or higher id look more into the FRS

the fact that you are going Fi means you motor coul blown up anytime anyways, even with fuel return its not fail safe
why? confidence in his theory..

kind of what Functioned Tuned is doing with their warranty..
Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not magic. If it's capable of delivery steady fuel pressure throughout the powerband when it leaves his shop after a dyno tune, it'll be able to deliver fuel a year from now.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:00 AM
taurran

why? confidence in his theory..

kind of what Functioned Tuned is doing with their warranty..

I wish them well with that. More often than not, problems are caused by owner neglect or tinkering. I'm just hoping it doesn't backfire when they have to deny warranty claims because of it.

Every shop on here has an "unspoken" warranty. 90% of them will fix any issues related to their own work if it is brought back within a certain time. Jeremy's is no different. He wouldn't let a car leave his shop if it were running in an unsafe manner.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:01 AM
doug

It's not magic. If it's capable of delivery steady fuel pressure throughout the powerband when it leaves his shop after a dyno tune, it'll be able to deliver fuel a year from now.

so you won't be running a return fuel system with your new setup? what about Chris? i know he was waiting for the CJM Stg 3 .. has he changed his mind also?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
taurran

so you won't be running a return fuel system with your new setup? what about Chris? i know he was waiting for the CJM Stg 3 .. has he changed his mind also?
Since when were we running stock blocks?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:03 AM
masterj26

This thread is about stock blocks, not built motors.

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
after doing tons of research playing around will all the options for fuel delivery. we have decided to say that a return fuel system is not need for a stock block turbo build at all. we have tons of cars running around as of now with ZERO issues with a walbro and larger injectors (650cc for the most part). you will have to buy injectors for any of the builds and all the injector prices are about the same (440,550,650s)
Old 05-29-2007, 10:03 AM
doug

Since when were we running stock blocks?
he said he had a built car on 15 PSI with no return fuel.. so he said its possible.. wondering if you guys were doing the same
Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 AM
doug

Originally Posted by masterj26
This thread is about stock blocks, not built motors.
apparently my super spidey glasses lets me read **** others can't see

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
guys would you like to check out the 8 cars at my shop right now with no return systems that run fine with no fuel issues, one with a built motor and 15 psi. i am not debating this, i have done a scientific study and showing my results.
maximumsportZ

You really can't read can you?
Gman2004

True, if it were proven.

It's been proven in Z's and other performance cars alike that returnless fuel systems work in boosted appliations to a point. Jeremy has just restated this fact and noted that he has multiple cars as proof.
No offense to Jeremy, but his shop has been open less than 1 year. You can't really say that because he has a couple of cars running for a couple of months with no issues that it is not required. Some Greddy TT's ran fine with the emanage blue and the out of the box tune with no timing retard while a bunch of others went BOOM! Just cause some ran fine doesn't mean timing retard wasn't necessary.

Last edited by Gman2004; 05-29-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:05 AM
taurran

he said he had a built car on 15 PSI with no return fuel.. so he said its possible.. wondering if you guys were doing the same
Sure, it's possible. At 550+whp, most will prefer the added element of control the RFS provides. It's still definitely possible to run without one, though.
doug

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
You really can't read can you?
apparetly neither can you

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...5&postcount=92
doug

Sure, it's possible. At 550+whp, most will prefer the added element of control the RFS provides. It's still definitely possible to run without one, though.
thats not my question
Old 05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
masterj26

apparently my super spidey glasses lets me read **** others can't see

I read that, but that is not what the thread is about now there is it? Read the first post of this thread. It clearly states what it is about.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Gman2004
No offense to Jeremy, but his shop has been open less than 1 year. You can't really say that because he has a couple of cars running for a couple of months with no issues that it is not required. Some Greddy TT's ran fine with the emanage blue and the out of the box tune with no timing retard while a bunch of others went BOOM! Just cause a some ran fine doesn't mean timing retard wasn't necessary.

I assure you he's been doing this longer than 1 year. Besides, most of the already established shops in this business won't try anything new because they're afraid of the possibilities.

This whole RFS debate is along the lines of the TT vs ST debate. It's the sheep that prefer to take the easy route and do what they're told vs the individuals who are willing to try something new and push the envelope in a different direction. I think it's great that Jeremy is willing to try things beyond the norm.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman2004
No offense to Jeremy, but his shop has been open less than 1 year. You can't really say that because he has a couple of cars running for a couple of months with no issues that it is not required. Some Greddy TT's ran fine with the emanage blue and the out of the box tune with no timing retard while a bunch of others went BOOM! Just cause a some ran fine doesn't mean timing retard wasn't necessary.

but you see, i have a long history or building and racing cars, i have officially had my doors open since december yes, but my history goes back to when most of these guys could drive legally...

Quick Reply: Performance Factory saves you guys money (stock block boosted cars)