Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Performance Factory saves you guys money (stock block boosted cars)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:30 AM
98intrigue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

+1

^Hahaha, I've never seen that one before.

Why is everyone arguing over this? It's simple...want to save money and go fast and have a reliable car all at the same time?...go to Performance Factory.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by taurran

I assure you he's been doing this longer than 1 year. Besides, most of the already established shops in this business won't try anything new because they're afraid of the possibilities.
I didn't say he has only been working on cars for less than 1 year. I said his shop has been open for less than a year. From reading his post for almost 2 years now I assume his experience comes from working on his own personal cars. Are you telling me he has been moon lighting as a tuner for many years?

You can't compare working on your personal cars/friends cars to turning out several cars a week like a shop would as far as experience goes. They are two different animals IMO. I am not knocking Jeremy's abilities because he seems to be off to a great start, but I wouldn't consider a few months of building cars as a shop owner a proven track record.

Not trying to stir any trouble up, but didn't PF build a motor that spun a bearing on the dyno after only putting 500 miles on the car>? I don't know if this is true, but someone told me this.

Last edited by Gman2004; 05-29-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Zridder19

This thread got wrecked! Give the man some credit. No one else is trying new stuff like this. He's just trying to save people some money. He woldn't have posted this info on the forums if he couldnt back it up.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Not trying to stir any trouble up, but didn't PF build a motor that spun a bearing on the dyno after only putting 500 miles on the car>? I don't know if this is true, but someone told me this.
Get your facts straight before you accuse anyone.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
he posted a public thread with his going to be open for questions.. how do you know that GMan's questions aren't in his own interest.

YOU DO NOT tell someone to get out of a public thread..
you guys act like little kids.. take your ball and go home when someone doesn't agree with you.

How do you know that GMan's questioning and Jeremy's ability to answer the question and show confidence isn't helping Jeremy's business?

Funny you never stepped in and said that when Julian has told people to not ask legit questions/make comments in any of his threads. Hypocrite FTL
Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Get your facts straight before you accuse anyone.
Do you know how to read?

I stated very clearly I didn't know if that was true which is why I was asking.

Seems like you know what happened. Care to explain the facts?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 AM
98intrigue

Do you know how to read?

PF didn't build the motor....
Old 05-29-2007, 11:38 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Funny you never stepped in and said that when Julian has told people to not ask legit questions/make comments in any of his threads. Hypocrite FTL
please do not bring Julian into a thread he is probably keeping out of due to respect
Old 05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
maximumsportZ

Do you know how to read?

The motor wasn't built by Jeremy, it was built by a well respected vendor on this site. Jeremy just swapped the turbo kit and motor.

Anyways this has nothing to do with the topic.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Hexxum001

I'm suprised that Scott from Relentless Autosports hasn't joined in on the fun. Unless I misunderstood him, he basically says the same thing as Jeremy. On a stock block, it's not necessary to have a RFS, especially if you are running under 400hp.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

people still run under 400hp? ouch
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Gman2004

So immature... really, just because whatever shop you paid $50,000 to build a car you know little about told you something is right, doesn't mean it's absolutely true.
I am running over 500whp on my car so I spent the extra $1000 on RFS and didn't jigga rig my chit. Thank you very much.

No one needs to protect Jeremy, his work speaks for itself. You're the one that seems to be taking his comment that stock block motors can run safely without fuel systems as an attack, and in turn are attempting to attack his credibility when it comes to building cars.
Show me one post where I debated he claims about RFS on stock blocks. All I said was that just because he has a few cars running around town with no RFS for the last couple of months does not make it fact that you absolutely don't need a RFS.

What stake do you have in the sales of fuel return systems? I'm interested because you seem to be defending them as if you were making and selling them in your garage.
I secretly work for all the shops that sell RFS and I get a cut on each RFS sale.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by phunk
people still run under 400hp? ouch
LOL!! Hey, I'm probably gonna be less than 400hp. But that's just cuz I am in Cali and I wanna keep it street legal.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
please do not bring Julian into a thread he is probably keeping out of due to respect
I used it as an example-my intentions are not to bring him into anything. Good deflection though...
Old 05-29-2007, 11:56 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I used it as an example-my intentions are not to bring him into anything. Good deflection though...
i didn't take law in college for nothing
Old 05-29-2007, 11:56 AM
taurran

All I said was that just because he has a few cars running around town with no RFS for the last couple of months does not make it fact that you absolutely don't need a RFS.
This just shows how little you understand the reason for a RFS, or how it effects fuel delivery.

The fuel delivery is right on, you're going to contest AFR's? Do you even know how fuel pressure effects AFRs? If the car is delivery steady fuel capable of making safe AFR's at the targeted boost level then it is in fact, NOT NEEDED.

Then again, no one ever suggested that a RFS wasn't a good idea if you wanted to ease the tuning process.

Some people here need to look up "required" and "suggested" and reevaluate their own personal meanings of these words.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Gman2004

This just shows how little you understand the reason for a RFS, or how it effects fuel delivery.

The fuel delivery is right on, you're going to contest AFR's? Do you even know how fuel pressure effects AFRs? If the car is delivery steady fuel capable of making safe AFR's at the targeted boost level then it is in fact, NOT NEEDED.

Then again, no one ever suggested that a RFS wasn't a good idea if you wanted to ease the tuning process.

Some people here need to look up "required" and "suggested" and reevaluate their own personal meanings of these words.
Well when Jeremy data logs fuel pressure like several shops have mentioned and his logs show that fuel pressure is not dropping then you can say a RFS is not needed. Until then he is just saying that it can be done without a RFS. I can jump off a cliff without a parachute and maybe live when I hit the ground, but I want take that chance.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I estimate 12pgs of bickering before 5 around all that it could be good info
Old 05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
taurran

Well when Jeremy data logs fuel pressure like several shops have mentioned and his logs show that fuel pressure is not dropping then you can say a RFS is not needed. Until then he is just saying that it can be done without a RFS. I can jump off a cliff without a parachute and maybe live when I hit the ground, but I want take that chance.
Data logs really mean jack **** when he has RESULTS. People said the same thing about turbonetics' setup yet it can deliver enough fuel to run rich into the 10's at 9psi.

These people are just nitpicking because they hate being contradicted, and you eat up every bit of it.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Zridder19

probly something like that

Quick Reply: Performance Factory saves you guys money (stock block boosted cars)