Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

turbo kit...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
read r0mey's sig
that makes sense
Old 06-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sean2006
hey guys i live in austin TX and i am trying to see if i should go with a turbo kit or NX i go school and work full time + house payment and all that but i manage to get around 5 to 6k and i would like to know if there is a way for me to do a turbo set up with that much money parts - tune - dyno and so on .... if not than uprev here in town said 2700 for a NX setup ......
That budget would get you a basic Greddy TT with BOV, and fuel pump...nothing fancy. TN would be right in the ballpark as well...and would not include labor on anything.

But trying to do FI with a 6K budget is very limiting, and probably dangerous., when you include installation and dyno tuning.

When you shop around, quotes are going to vary widely, but its almost always a result of MORE or LESS parts that are included in the estimate. Some customers prefer all the bells and whistles, and other prefer a more basic approach. Some have very high power goals, and others are more modest power goals. As you shop apples to apples, you will find that most vendors package pricing are within 10% of one another. And you might want to pay a little bit more, for more experience, better service, better quality technicians, equipment, and resources. So it pays to do your research, and not just focus on the bottom line.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:45 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I agree.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:50 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by r0mey
in dougs defense craig you did say they are paying to much and you do deal with performance factor i personally thought 25k was a good number for a built motor twin turbos and the bells n whistles. If that is to much i wanna get ur bangin deals.
+1

but as sharif said...i guess we dunno what eh is getting to really tell what he might be paying for

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-29-2007 at 05:54 PM.