Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

HATE THIS Zzzzzz...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Three5oZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I love the work that was done on this car!.... Impressive! That exhaust madification is pretty sick!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:28 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Cool stuff I saw the car at Stillen, and I think i recall talking to you briefly, everything looks good, except wouldn't it be easier to take out alot of the charge piping up front and just change to one single intercooler? Or are you guys just trying to keep the JWT kit as standard as possible?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:08 PM
fklentz

Damm, I saw a car exactly like that one parked next to mine today...
Old 06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by DSport G35
Very nice Mike, can't wait to see the car on the cover of DSport!
Well hopefully Richard can get the Photoshoot arranged before the Time Attack, (Anything can happen on the track)...LOL and she leaves to go on the Valvoline Nationwide tour in Mid July.

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Cool stuff I saw the car at Stillen, and I think i recall talking to you briefly, everything looks good, except wouldn't it be easier to take out alot of the charge piping up front and just change to one single intercooler? Or are you guys just trying to keep the JWT kit as standard as possible?
We have gone back and forth. The JWT Intercoolers have limits. With my G35 we used a single. We wanted to try this.

Originally Posted by Fklentz
Damm, I saw a car exactly like that one parked next to mine today...
Nice...See you Firday Frank...

Thanks Again

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 06-14-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Looks good Mike.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hate the Z because I think you need some more logos on the car...... strut bar, radiator, maybe throw some on the underbody too
Old 06-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Right...We can always turn your boost up...

I couldn't even keep her on the track with soo much power at Reno Fernly. Thoughtt I was playing Forza2...LOL...And you ran fast and safe all day. Drawback of too much power.

Sure you loved my choice of music for this video??? No Tom Petty this time.

Well see what happen at Laguna and Big Willow.

I'm still trying to do the logistics for this Valvoline Tour. When do I need the car back for Laguna?

M

That track, with 32 turns, and many of them compound, is one that takes a few trips to learn. It is very easy the first few laps to get disoriented and "lost" on where you are and what is coming up. My driving approach is quite methodical and measured in the increments to which I take it up to the limits, so it takes me longer to get to the better speeds, but as you have noted once I get out there they tend to be very consistent (time attack runs all within .4 seconds lap time of each other, while still setting personal best that was 2 seconds faster than previous time out). Nothing to get Tyler, Tarzan, Billy and Tanner staying awake at night.....but fast enough for this old guy to fall asleep with a happy smile on his face. And not perched on a boulder with my belly pan! When you went off at Reno that was a "mushroom cloud" of dust that had to be 80 feet high!!!!!!!!!!! That there was no damage was amazing.
Nothing at Laguna for a bit, getting into the motorcycle season as you know.
But as soon as a chance opens, I am up there! Toss the elbows into the trunk, as I need those to meet the 92db sound limit. As for the yellow rocket of yours...............I don't think that the argument you are only slightly louder than an F-18 on take-off will carry the day.

Cheers,
Ed
Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Looks good Mike.
Thanks Bro...Means alot coming from you.

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Hate the Z because I think you need some more logos on the car...... strut bar, radiator, maybe throw some on the underbody too
I agree. Yet the Photographers in Japan might shoot the car's noise or rear, and if no logo...No love. We realized this fact when Mike Bs car was in the D1 Grip vs Drift. We only had logos on the side and tv wanted them from all sides.

Thanks for the comment. Much appreciated.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 06-15-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Eagle1
That track, with 32 turns, and many of them compound, is one that takes a few trips to learn. It is very easy the first few laps to get disoriented and "lost" on where you are and what is coming up. Nothing to get Tyler, Tarzan, Billy and Tanner staying awake at night.....but fast enough for this old guy to fall asleep with a happy smile on his face. And not perched on a boulder with my belly pan! When you went off at Reno that was a "mushroom cloud" of dust that had to be 80 feet high!!!!!!!!!!! That there was no damage was amazing.

Cheers,
Ed
I Love You Ed...You have the smoothest way of making fun of me and not sounding like your talking ****...

See you next week and give you back the car after the new oil system...Nice.

M
Old 06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Eagle1

Of course I am not going to talk badly of you..........you have my car, man!

Maybe when the day comes that I can beat you on the track I will get "uppity".
Old 06-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You rock. So does Eagle1. The the cars disgusting in and of itself, but to top it off you got aero tips from the fastest driver of Willow (hes still the fastest with the cyber evo right?)???? Wait, so did you track it at SS's Time attack? Anyways mad m.f.ing props.
-fred (sitting in Chicago getting more and more jealous of you californians)
Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 AM
dozzer1b

30PSI???? holy S***.....sweet build mike........car is sick!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:28 PM
clemlover15

talk to me about those brakes, where can I get them, what are the specs?? $$$ anything
Old 06-15-2007, 01:35 PM
r_seng

the ugliness of it all is making me hate it even more.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by clemlover15
talk to me about those brakes, where can I get them, what are the specs?? $$$ anything
I don't have them, still running the AP Racing, but eyeballing the set up Mike has, it appears to be about a 14.25 inch slotted and vented rotor, six piston front calipers and four piston rear, a "deep dish" racing hat on the rear and sleeved rotor bolts for temperature management. A variety of nice features born of experience dealing with these heavy cars and high speeds, on such brake eating circuits as Buttonwillow and CalSpeedway, to name only two.

Just about every basic BBK that I have used or seen Mike use, has failed once we got these cars putting out over 500whp and thus the braking demands increasing to keep up with the ever higher velocities. The truth is that most of the commercially available BBK are more for high performance street or mild track use, and for 90% + of the enthusiasts who occasionally take their car to a track circuit, they are absolutely fine. But once you get some decent skills and work the car to the limits of adhesion that the tires and suspension will give you, it becomes a different story, and that is amplified even more when you pile big power and torque into the equation. (If the max speed you can take turn 3 at Cal Speedway coming off the Roval is, for example, 52mph, then coming out of the Roval on to the back straight at 125mph (pretty much the limit in an NA or lightly boosted car with modest suspension mods) requires you shed 73mph before turn in, but coming out of there at 150+ and hitting 162mph before applying the brakes, which is what is happening in his fully modded suspension cars with built motors and twin turbos, means shedding 110mph.....and that is BIG HEAT). Carry the implication of that around the course and the stress and strain on the braking system is apparent and profound. Mike just pulled together a bunch of features that he thought were needed and no one kit currently available provided, and now he is thrashing it around the circuits to test out the performance.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:06 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Damn Ed,

Couldn't have said that better myself. Or Not even close. You are a wiz with words ED...I guess that's what 45 years of schooling gets you.

Note:
The brakes are not yet for sale. Closer and closer. After the Super Street and some hopeful victories we are ready to rock.

I will post some picts of the Brakes and Suspension.

M

Originally Posted by Eagle1
I don't have them, still running the AP Racing, but eyeballing the set up Mike has, it appears to be about a 14.25 inch slotted and vented rotor, six piston front calipers and four piston rear, a "deep dish" racing hat on the rear and sleeved rotor bolts for temperature management. A variety of nice features born of experience dealing with these heavy cars and high speeds, on such brake eating circuits as Buttonwillow and CalSpeedway, to name only two.

Just about every basic BBK that I have used or seen Mike use, has failed once we got these cars putting out over 500whp and thus the braking demands increasing to keep up with the ever higher velocities. The truth is that most of the commercially available BBK are more for high performance street or mild track use, and for 90% + of the enthusiasts who occasionally take their car to a track circuit, they are absolutely fine. But once you get some decent skills and work the car to the limits of adhesion that the tires and suspension will give you, it becomes a different story, and that is amplified even more when you pile big power and torque into the equation. (If the max speed you can take turn 3 at Cal Speedway coming off the Roval is, for example, 52mph, then coming out of the Roval on to the back straight at 125mph (pretty much the limit in an NA or lightly boosted car with modest suspension mods) requires you shed 73mph before turn in, but coming out of there at 150+ and hitting 162mph before applying the brakes, which is what is happening in his fully modded suspension cars with built motors and twin turbos, means shedding 110mph.....and that is BIG HEAT). Carry the implication of that around the course and the stress and strain on the braking system is apparent and profound. Mike just pulled together a bunch of features that he thought were needed and no one kit currently available provided, and now he is thrashing it around the circuits to test out the performance.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

exhaust exit very unique... looking good
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your videos always get me pumped up for the track. Can't wait for Willow!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:36 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
exhaust exit very unique... looking good
Thanks Todd. Looking forward to seeing you again sometime?

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
Your videos always get me pumped up for the track. Can't wait for Willow!
Well Mike I actually miss making videos with your car...See you soon.

M
Old 06-16-2007, 04:08 AM
Eagle1

It was only 23 years. Felt like 45 though.

Quick Reply: HATE THIS Zzzzzz...