Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo graphs inside (stock block, C16)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
abyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanna see what you can do to a built block.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:55 AM
RED HOT Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
dont believe everything you read man, the utec is fine to much higher boost levels than we are reaching now.

remember, the person saying that is the person also trying to sell you an FCON..

dont believe the hype, just ask me first...
Lol thanks man
Old 06-17-2007, 11:15 AM
stormcrow

dont believe everything you read man, the utec is fine to much higher boost levels than we are reaching now.
i agree... the utec is plenty sufficient for the higher boost level cars... granted, the FCON is a superior unit due to it's greater resolution, but i believe TurboXS will be answering the FCON's resolution soon enough...

i'm living proof that you can have a 600+whp car running 18psi and have OEM qualities... no problems with rough idle, no problems with cold or hot starts, never a need to blip the throttle... just a raw azz beast that runs pretty much like a 350Z off the lot...
Old 06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
RED HOT Z

So you guys think I should stick with this unit and just get a boost controller instead of going with the Fcon. I plan on maxing it out!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah man, if it works, thats all that matters. i was running a utec on my personal car up to around 21-22 psi when i blew out the cometic headgasket. no problem due to the utec though.

we will see if the utecs can keep up here soon...

utec = less than 1/3 the cost of FCON, they really arent comparable..
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i agree... the utec is plenty sufficient for the higher boost level cars... granted, the FCON is a superior unit due to it's greater resolution, but i believe TurboXS will be answering the FCON's resolution soon enough...

i'm living proof that you can have a 600+whp car running 18psi and have OEM qualities... no problems with rough idle, no problems with cold or hot starts, never a need to blip the throttle... just a raw azz beast that runs pretty much like a 350Z off the lot...

cool man, see if you can get it to the track and lay down some good times to see what it really can do...
Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

remember, the person saying that is the person also trying to sell you an FCON..

dont believe the hype, just ask me first...
Jeremy, Gilbert (red hot z)is my customer ,that's mean that the person who's trying to sell him the f con (the hype as you call it )is also me ,very interesting .should I get in to it with you over this non sense, I will leave it alone for you sake

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 06-17-2007, 01:06 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Jeremy, Gilbert (red hot z)is my customer ,that's mean that the person who's trying to sell him the f con (the hype as you call it )is also me ,very interesting .should I get in to it with you over this non sense, I will leave it alone for you sake

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

Maybe you shouldn't take those statements personally. I mean, really, the FCON is a waste of money, in my opinion, too. The only thing is it's basically the only readily available standalone on the market. I believe will be more options available soon that will make the FCON obsolete (in both price and performance).
Old 06-17-2007, 01:08 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

FCON HYPE?

funny every single person i know who has switched from utec to fcon has all said that it was the best thing they have done for the car. i guess they are all in on the conspiracy too

if you are serious about HIGH HP then i would def get your car a better brain then the utec.. if you can afford it.

HKS/AEM/HYDRA ect...

IMHO when spending the amount people do on big builds it is pretty stupid to not step up your EM choice just to save money.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:11 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by paranormal

FCON HYPE?

funny every single person i know who has switched from utec to fcon has all said that it was the best thing they have done for the car. i guess they are all in on the conspiracy too

if you are serious about HIGH HP then i would def get your car a better brain then the utec.. if you can afford it.

HKS/AEM/HYDRA ect...

IMHO when spending the amount people do on big builds it is pretty stupid to not step up your EM choice just to save money.
So you're paying $2000 more for higher resolution? The FCON can't even control VCT.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:12 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

my AWESOME UTEC will be for sale very soon in exhange for the AEM EMS..

Im going with the AEM because of tuners in my area.

Last edited by paranormal; 06-17-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:15 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran

Maybe you shouldn't take those statements personally. I mean, really, the FCON is a waste of money, in my opinion, too. The only thing is it's basically the only readily available standalone on the market. I believe will be more options available soon that will make the FCON obsolete (in both price and performance).

i agree with you but i dont think the fcon is waste... but the way the utec has been performing having an Fcon to control fuel on a 550-600whp car is NOt a must, the utec has perform quit well... anythign higher and i woudl def recomend an FCON....

but in any case..i dunno why Sam too it so personal though...
Old 06-17-2007, 01:16 PM
kostat26

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i agree with you but i dont think the fcon is waste... but the way the utec has been performing having an Fcon to control fuel on a 550-600whp car is NOt a must, the utec has perform quit well... anythign higher and i woudl def recomend an FCON....

+1
Old 06-17-2007, 01:17 PM
IIQuickSilverII

my AWESOME UTEC will be for sale very soon in exhange for the AEM EMS..

Im going with the AEM because of tuners in my area.

thats fine...i dont think its going to be that much of an upgrade since you are basicaly just going to run 400whp on your sts turbo... and even the unichip is good enough to control fuel at those power levels.
plsu i wonder who your utec tuner was too

i do like the AEM though... its been proven to be good to control fuel on 1000+whp supras

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-17-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:19 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

sts turbo? lol

quick i have the APS TT with FORGE actuators and a built motor. i had 420rwhp with the out the box setup and tune on the damn unichip at 8.5 psi.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:21 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

I agree if you're going to be running a high end standalone, getting ahold of a custom AEM EMS would be a great option.

The harsh controls on the FCON and the fact you can't self-tune or adjust anything on the unit without having it unlocked at an HKS dealer makes it a waste of money IMO.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:23 PM
IIQuickSilverII

sts turbo? lol

quick i have the APS TT with FORGE actuators and a built motor. i had 420rwhp with the out the box setup and tune on the damn unichip at 8.5 psi.
yah i got you confuder for someone else... so what whp are you running... if you shooting for 600+whp yah.. aem ems is a great option...
Old 06-17-2007, 01:27 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

Im not runing anything right now its in downtime getting the aem put on and some other stuff...
Old 06-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

yes sir, he asked me if it was safe to run boost over 13 psi and i said yes you can. i also then stated that its not even comparable, the two units. i dont think that utec and/or fcon should even be in the same sentence. i am not trying to talk bad about anything. just that a certain person on the east coast ran 16-19 psi in his personal car for a while with a utec and then bashed utec as soon as he became HKS prodealer...

i think you read my statement wrong if you got offended in any way.

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 06-17-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:50 PM
stormcrow

cool man, see if you can get it to the track and lay down some good times to see what it really can do...
naw, man... my car is a garage queen... *haha* it gets pulled out to street spank a few lambos, ferraris, etc... seriously, if i had any track experience i would try it out... but, my times would in no way be indicative of what the car could do... *shrugs*

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo graphs inside (stock block, C16)