Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo graphs inside (stock block, C16)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VQ-TECH
Obviously audible mayhem did not know that ,other wise he would have never made such statement .

well said

i know everything the fcon does. i never once said anything bad about it. i dont know where this came from....
Old 06-17-2007, 04:40 PM
aj_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MODMTR
qft...however, your input through the tranny last night certainly played a role as well.
yea. but it was my on fault i told jt to take out some fuel and add timing. that last run i said myself its going 10's or its going to blow up. it was a 50/50 chance and both were a win win situation.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
taurran

I just REALLY dislike the way that certain companies (HKS, A**) do business. I wouldn't pay money for an FCON for the non-user-tunable aspect of it alone. Buying an FCON is like signing a contract to that shop for tuning for the life of your car.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:44 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by aj_350z
yea. but it was my on fault i told jt to take out some fuel and add timing. that last run i said myself its going 10's or its going to blow up. it was a 50/50 chance and both were a win win situation.
You're a madman.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:46 PM
VQ-TECH

Originally Posted by taurran
I just REALLY dislike the way that certain companies (HKS, A**) do business. I wouldn't pay money for an FCON for the non-user-tunable aspect of it alone. Buying an FCON is like signing a contract to that shop for tuning for the life of your car.
Why are you a tuner yourself ,is that what you do for living?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:48 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
just contridicting yourself to sell your new product isnt the way i think. some people are all about money. i wish someone would pay my bills and i would do this all for free. i LOVE racing cars, i love motors and engines!! NOTHING compares to going 130+ down a quarter mile track to me. its not for the money, i just speak the truth, actually, i think i talk people out of buying more stuff than i talk into, ANYone that knows me personally will attest to this....
i don't think he's ever contradicted himself... the FCON is in a league well above the UTEC and you can't blame anyone for moving towards the better way to do things... the problem, i see, lies in the fact that you seem to feel that everyone should/would/could do FI on a shoe-string budget and be ok... doc, there are always going to be different levels of budgets for FI... some people want to go on the cheap and use stock block, piggy backs, no return fuel system, no gauges, etc... but, we all know this is not the safest way to do it...

spending more money isn't always about bragging rights...it's sometimes about doing things the proper way... sharif does his best to keep his clients safe... he realizes the responsibility that he has to them when they put their car and money into his hands... sure, there's an innate risk in FI, but he's trying to lower that risk as much as possible... there's a big difference between the way you two operate and it's ok... he's conservative and you like pushing the limits... nothing wrong with either stance... i just feel that when it comes to a customer, the latter is not the best bet...

Last edited by stormcrow; 06-17-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

always soo much drama in here....
Old 06-17-2007, 04:49 PM
abyss

Gotta love when the nut huggers come out of nowhere and start shit in a thread....
Old 06-17-2007, 04:50 PM
aj_350z

so anyway back to 510 ft/lbs torque on a stock motor. it goes boom when you keep leaning it out
Old 06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

always soo much drama in here....

i know

the all missed the point... nobody saying the utec is better the whole point is saying that the utec is very good enough at the power levels most poeple make on build engines... and there is not real big gain with going with the fcon unless they are shooting for over 600, or just want baller status
Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by abyss
Gotta love when the nut huggers come out of nowhere and start shit in a thread....
yah
Old 06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
taurran

I personally wouldn't want to spend 30k+ on an FI setup and make anywhere less than 650whp. If I did so I'd consider myself a failure.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
maximumsportZ

Why are you a tuner yourself ,is that what you do for living?
No he's just a really good smartass.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 PM
IIQuickSilverII

I personally wouldn't want to spend 30k+ on an FI setup and make anywhere less than 700whp. If I did so I'd consider myself a failure.

i agree if the whole 30k is just on the Fi engien build part of the setup and not on other parts such as suspension n stuff...
Old 06-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

not everyone can be a baller like you man!! the people that cant afford the high dollars EM shouldnt feel like their cars arent done properly, just said the utec works just fine . this all started cause someone said that "the utec isnt good over 13 psi like some people have said on here," i said yes it is and all of a sudden i hate FCON...

people have a great way of turning things into things that werent really said...

i wish more people would dwell on the good side of things and see the forward progression we are aiming for. we dont try to put up crazy unbelievable numbers on the dyno, we take it to the track and show people what it will do...

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i don't think he's ever contradicted himself... the FCON is in a league well above the UTEC and you can't blame anyone for moving towards the better way to do things... the problem, i see, lies in the fact that you seem to feel that everyone should/would/could do FI on a shoe-string budget and be ok... doc, there are always going to be different levels of budgets for FI... some people want to go on the cheap and use stock block, piggy backs, no return fuel system, no gauges, etc... but, we all know this is not the safest way to do it...

spending more money isn't always about bragging rights...it's sometimes about doing things the proper way... sharif does his best to keep his clients safe... he realized the responsibility that he has to them when they put their car and money into his hands... sure, there's an innate risk in FI, but he's trying to lower that risk as much as possible... there's a big difference between the way you two operate and it's ok... he's conservative and you like pushing the limits... nothing wrong with either stance... i just feel that when it comes to a customer, the latter is not the best bet...

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 06-17-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:59 PM
VQ-TECH

Why are you a tuner yourself ,is that
what you do for living?
???
Old 06-17-2007, 04:59 PM
stormcrow

I personally wouldn't want to spend 30k+ on an FI setup and make anywhere less than 700whp. If I did so I'd consider myself a failure.
i can't imagine spending that much, either... but, even with the FCON, i wouldn't think it would cost that much? i'm in for about 22k and with an azzload of stuff not motor related (painting whole car, painting other parts, interior work, etc.) included... but, i do think it's worth buying the safest route possible for longevity... i don't want to spend the 10k on motor and components again...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:05 PM
stormcrow

not everyone can be a baller like you man!! so the people that cant afford the high dollars EM shouldnt feel like their cars arent done properly. this all started cause someone said that the utec isnt good over 13 psi like some people have said on here, i said yes it is and all of a sudden i hate FCON...

people have a great way of turning things into things that werent really said...

i wish more people would dwell on the good side of things and see the forward progression we are aiming for. we dont try to put up crazy unbelievable numbers on the dyno, we take it to the track and show people what it will do...
baller? *lol* i wish, bro... as i stated before, i'm running the UTEC and i'm very happy with it... i'm putting down over 600whp on the DJ and the UTEC is doing fine... i've also heard through the grapevine that TurboXS will be upgrading the UTEC to challenge the FCON...

i'm not saying you hate the FCON... i'm just responding to what you're insinuating about sharif's feelings on the UTEC and why he pushes the FCON... i don't think it's fair the way you called him out on something such as that when it has no basis in truth...

and doc, i wish i knew what my car could do on the track...but, again, as i've stated before, i suck at TEH driving... maybe alberto or aj could get some good numbers from it...

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo graphs inside (stock block, C16)