Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:45 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well thats what happens when you get people with thier parents credit card, they take thier car to a shop and say make it fast. They no nothing about engines, so why do you think they are taken advantage of. Typical.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 PM
SnakeBitten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow is all I can say.....Just wow.....Ive always given VRT the benefit of the doubt because shops just cant satisfy everyone....But these allegations are very serious and need addressing asap by VRT......Restocking fee for a turbo that came out of someones car????How can that possibly be explained/justified if its true....If they can do something like this they are capable of anything...Im just dealing with this one issue as the rest are too convoluted and I dont have the energy to disect them.....

Navygolf you didnt deny that the restocking fee was charged even though the turbos came out of your car....Is this true to the best of your knowledge?????I was really considering there suspension but now I think Ill hold off till the dust settles.....Hopefully VRT will respond......Your business is at stake....I cant imagine why you havent jumped all over this thread to defend yourselves like you have in the past.....That makes me wonder

Also for the poster a few pages back.....VTR is Vinny Ten Racing....Absolutely nothing to do with VRT......VTR has a great track record so far for satisfied customers....Ive met those guys and they are stand up guys.....I also know many of their TT customers and their cars are reliable monsters....I hope the similarity in names doesnt hurt their business..That would be unfair...And no Im not a nuthugger etc of VTR just calling it like I see it...I give credit where credit is due.....Just as I did with VRT and there track times....But these allegations need to be addressed NOW.....
Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by rocks
Well thats what happens when you get people with thier parents credit card, they take thier car to a shop and say make it fast. They no nothing about engines, so why do you think they are taken advantage of. Typical.

You make it sound like that because they dont have knowledge of how going fast works then a shop has the right to take advantage of them....Sadly thats how many shops think....Be it automotive, HVAC etc.....

I used to work for a HVAC company that had me charge an old lady $600 just to plug back in her AC unit.....She thought it wasnt working and didnt realize the plug was just barely hanging in the outlet......I was disgusted and refused....They sent another tech to finish the raping......I was let go shortly thereafter.....No one deserves to be taken advantage of because they are not educated.....Next time your mom/sis/aunt etc get taken advantage of by the dealer/auto shop etc that they take their car to just remember your statement
Old 06-25-2007, 06:22 PM
PalFX

vqturbotec , thank you for coming clean. Many who dealt with this place already knew these things. Like they say, there's a fool born every minute so there is/was a big supply to be ripped off and rapped. Sadly, I was one of them.

Some of the things that happened (and didn't happen) to me with this place:

- Missing parts (LMS Intake tube, Stillen intake Shield, K&N open faced cone filter, Nismo oil and radiator caps). These were installed when dropping the car off and never were seen again neither was I ever compensated for them. I was told they are some place around in their shop and will get them to me and I'm still waiting.

- Getting main parts installed other than what we agreed upon (rods, pistons, HG, main bolts).

- Getting a part agreed upon but wasn't installed but cost was refunded (JWT S2 Cams). Wanted Cams for future ventures but after the fact, I was told Cams only make 10whp so they figured to save me the cash.

- Was charged for an upgraded T/C and told it was installed but found out lately it was not installed and when checking with VRT recently I was told it is still sitting in their shop. No refund to this date. ****

- Crappy installation and tune. Most bolts were finger tight. This info came from two trusted shops that worked on my car afterwards to fix leaks and what not.

- Leaking oil from the "allegedly" brand new [right] turbo. [Used?]

- Leaking oil from oil cooler they installed.

- Told to drop at least another $1500 to fix the oil leaks.

- Shudder in the tranny that was never there before dropping the car off. Shudder was still there until fixed recently by GTM.

- Told my car dyno'ed 400 whp and wtrq but no proof of dyno. When finally insisted and dyno was done in front of me, it only showed less than 370 for both numbers on 109oct racing fuel while also knocking and running very lean at the top.

All this top quality screwing didn't come cheap either.

The only thing that seems was done right is the engine built even though different main parts were used. My guess it was either outsourced or somebody else traded in their built engine (and possibly turbos) which probably why I didn't get any of the parts I requested for the engine built - different rods, pistons, no cams, stock HG and bolts when I asked for Arias ED pistons, Eagle rods, C2 cams, ARP L19 bolts and different HG.

Also, they have the habit of getting into customers' accounts and withdrawing huge sums when payments weren't even due or letting one know in advance. I had to put a block on them after a couple of times of these practices. Actually, "he" had the guts to get mad at me for putting the block even though I was never late on payment or not paying what agreed upon. I found out later that he done this to other customers too.

I couldn't let this slide by and let another fool get bent over while many of his affiliates try to justify the shady business. I will not take away anything from their race cars and think they're awesome (also used as bait) even though the numbers might be somewhat inflated but their service with me left much to be desired.

I dealt extensively with both VRT and GTM and Sam might hate me for saying this as he probably doesn't seem to have the time for more workload but GTM is ∞+1 > VRT. As a matter of fact, I do believe VRT was the shadiest business that I ever dealt with my entire life so vqturbotec story makes 100% perfect sense to me.

**** The story about they didn't want to install the T/C because of shudder is BS and same for they installed it then removed it. Before they were going to install the T/C after the break-in period, another one of their customers at the time was having a problem with his tranny with the same T/C they installed and they told me they are going to hold off on installing my T/C until they figure out the problem with the other customers' tranny. Couple of days later they told me the problem with the other customers' tranny wasn't due to the T/C and that they are going to install mine. Just had GTM install an upgraded T/C and still waiting on the "$350" refund for the T/C from that other place.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
abyss

^ one word....lawsuit... The people getting screwed need to go to the courts...This is soo starting to remind me of a shop owner in Texas.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Tubbs

I must say, I will be steering clear of VRT. TOO many weird, shady things going on.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Hellenic350

Originally Posted by PalFX
vqturbotec , thank you for coming clean. Many who dealt with this place already knew these things. Like they say, there's a fool born every minute so there is/was a big supply to be ripped off and rapped. Sadly, I was one of them.

- Missing parts (LMS Intake tube, Stillen intake Shield, K&N open faced cone filter, Nismo oil and radiator caps). These were installed when dropping the car off and never were seen again neither was I ever compensated for them. I was told they are some place around in their shop and will get them to me and I'm still waiting.

- Getting main parts installed other than what we agreed upon (rods, pistons, HG, main bolts).

- Getting a part agreed upon but wasn't installed but cost was refunded (JWT S2 Cams). Wanted Cams for future ventures but after the fact, I was told Cams only make 10whp so they figured to save me the cash.

- Was charged for an upgraded T/C and told it was installed but found out lately it was not installed and when checking with VRT recently I was told it is still sitting in their shop. No refund to this date. ****

- Crappy installation and tune. Most bolts were finger tight. This info came from two trusted shops that worked on my car afterwards to fix leaks and what not.

- Shudder in the tranny that was never there before dropping the car off. Shudder was still there until fixed recently by GTM.

- Told my car dyno'ed 400 whp and wtrq but no proof of dyno. When finally insisted and dyno was done in front of me, it only showed less than 370 for both numbers on 109oct racing fuel while also knocking and running very lean at the top.

The only thing that seems was done right is the engine built even though different main parts were used. My guess it was either outsourced or somebody else traded in their built engine (and possibly turbos) which probably why I didn't get any of the parts I requested for the engine built - different rods, pistons, no cams, stock HG and bolts when I asked for Arias ED pistons, Eagle rods, C2 cams, ARP L19 bolts and different HG.

Also, they have the habit of getting into customers' accounts and withdrawing huge sums when payments weren't even due or letting one know in advance. I had to put a block on them after a couple of times of these practices. Actually, "he" had the guts to get mad at me for putting the block even though I was never late on payment or not paying what agreed upon. I found out later that he done this to other customers too.

I couldn't let this slide by and let another fool get bent over while many of his affiliates try to justify the shady business. I will not take away anything from their race cars and think they're awesome (also used as bait) even though the numbers might be somewhat inflated but their service with me left much to be desired.

I dealt extensively with both VRT and GTM and Sam might hate me for saying this as he probably doesn't seem to have the time for more workload but GTM is ∞+1 > VRT. As a matter of fact, I do believe VRT was the shadiest business that I ever dealt with my entire life so vqturbotec story makes 100% perfect sense to me.

**** The story about they didn't want to install the T/C because of shudder is BS and same for they installed it then removed it. Before they were going to install the T/C after the break-in period, another one of their customers at the time was having a problem with his tranny with the same T/C they installed and they told me they are going to hold off on installing my T/C until they figure out the problem with the other customers' tranny. Couple of days later they told me the problem with the other customers' tranny wasn't due to the T/C and that they are going to install mine. Just had GTM install an upgraded T/C and still waiting on the "$350" refund for the T/C from that other place.

Wow... If I were you I would call the District Attorney, This is major fraud and you deserve some compensation. Maybe some of you guys should get together and form a class action lawsuit against VRT, for all your pain, suffering, and money that was basically stolen from you.

I mean unauthorized withdrawls from a customers bank account? Come on...

My .02 cents
Old 06-25-2007, 06:33 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Thumbs down

Old 06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rocks
is it our fault you are broke?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I guess my bottom line point is you almost never hear about all the good things a shop/company does and typically all you read is the bad...

On the flip side though I think everyone needs to understand that you will typically only hear about the bad aspects of a company based on factual studies of the way consumers think and act. Rarely do you hear about the good. This isn't just for VRT but is true of ANY company in our free market economy. To sum it up everyone do your research on who you chose to work on your car. If you don't think you can trust the person you are looking at go elsewhere. There are plenty of companies out there that do a superb job and its your job as a consumer to determine who you spend your money with.
I have to respectfully disagree with you to certain extent as it relates to this forum.

In the FI section alone, I recall coming across numerous threads and posts in the last few months from satisfied customers praising Sam and the guys at GTM, Sharif and the crew at Forged Internals, and the guys at Intense Motorsports for their excellent customer service. From my perspective, I think there has been a fair/signicant amount of positive feedback on this forum about shops too. I agree that pissed off & dissatisfied customers tend to share their experiences on this forum freely, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing either. Sharing negative experiences with a shop or vendor can help the rest of us in the community to make more informed decisions. Even in the negative thread about SGP, I saw a lot of compliments/praise for Sam and GTM.

Just my observations and my .
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
diwun67

Wow, simply unbelievable...
Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
abyss

My guess is they aren't going to (for legal reasons). How do you respond without incriminating yourself if there is evidence?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:10 PM
dozzer1b

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Believe me when I say I do not get special treatment for anything I say. What I doget, just like any other VRT customer is help at track events and help from MrA at all hours. I can tell you this, Dozzer had a problem with his car and went dwon to drop it off over the weekend, I know MrA was at the track and we got in touch with him and he left his car at MrA's house.....how many shop owners will go out of their way on the weekend to make something right.

I do not have a problem with you asking....maybe MrA should give me discounts for taking the crap I do from some members here!!!

thx Bob for getting Mike 2 get a hold of me so i could drop the car off there!!!!its appreciated very much so!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

i cant believe this thread is still up and open when vrt hasnt responded yet but DAMN glad im on the east coast
Old 06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
masterj26

wow... and the **** continues to hit the fan without response....
Old 06-25-2007, 10:04 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masterj26
wow... and the **** continues to hit the fan without response....
I think it's very telling. What does an innocent man do when he is arrested, proclaim his innocence at the top of his lung or remain calm? Just one of the analogies that I can think of.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
g-X

OMG...I thought it was only me. He almost makes you feel like your one of those complaining customers who cant be pleased. This happened to me too. On a couple of occassions. After telling them not to charge anymore to my card and that i'll pay by other means (this is beyond the agreed upon price). I think he assumed he had a blank check after I dropped off my car. I let some go...hoping it would be all worthwhile at the end. Big mistake! I finally got fed up on the last charge and cancelled it. Then he got pissed and tried to rebill me and tacked on extra credit card fees and supposed sales tax cos he was mad I had cancelled his charge. This is all after I picked up the car already.

To this date I still do not have a dyno that proves I have 400whp. I'll see tomorrow tho cos I finally found a place w/ AWD dyno. If its not close to 400whp I'll assume he didnt complete his end of the contract and want a full refund.

Last edited by g-X; 06-25-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:46 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

if true this is sad

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs