Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have cliff notes of whats going on? I lost track after page 8
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Gammawolf

Wow, what a thread.

I hate my first post to be critical of VRT racing, but when I got wind of this I had to check out this thread.

As a recent client (co-client) of VRT, I must say, I too have been a witness to VRT's business practices and have not been entirely pleased. The reason I say co-client is because I have a G, and my brother has a G. He has a 2006 6mt black on black coupe. My brother travels a lot and is busy becoming a zillionaire so he asked me to do him a favor and search for a TT shop and take care of his G. No problems, I found out about VRT through 6mt.net and G35driver.

My brother wanted a G coupe capable of taking on a Z06, and that's what my brother got. His G is fast as ****! Currently dynoed at 522 rwhp with 488 ftlbs/tq. It was a complete overhaul using VRT coilovers, AP racing brakes, Eibach sway bars, JWT turbo kit, intercooler, guages, all the bells and whistles that go with a TT kit, etc etc etc etc . . .

Car currently runs great (crossing fingers, knocks on wood) but what an arduous ordeal it was to oversee this project. The engine rebuild took about 2 months! Sure an engine rebuild is going to have bugs and kinks, but we were told that the car would be done and delivered on a certain date. That was extended and then extended, and extended, and then extended again. Then when we received the G, the bugs weren't all worked out. Oil leaks and valve problems were popping up. I got mad at Michael for it took so long and we gave Mr. A the authority to break in the engine at his shop to fine tune these details. He released the G to us without the engine properly broken in. One time he rode with me and I punched it and took it to about 6000 rpms. Baaam, oil leak right there. Went right back to the shop and he fixed it and then he told me to keep the G under 5k rpms for now.

what kind of **** is that? we thought the G was ready? but we agreed and my brother and I both kept the G tame. I was the only one who pushed it that one time. still, the G had some bugs. they were eventually worked out.

I have a place in San Diego so I'm local, but if I wasn't local, I don't know how the G would of turned out.

Moreover, my brother and I were not entirely impressed with VRT's staff. They seem eager to do a job and work on cars, but they are soooooo young. I'm 31 and I felt so old around these kids. I mean, my brother paid nearly $30K for this overhaul and you'd think you would see some professionalism in his shop. That is not the case.

So the short story is: yes, my brother got his G and so far, it runs sweet as hell. The only problem is that damn CEL light comes on. Everyone who's had an FI procedure performed on their G/Z tells me that the light should not come on.

Michael can be glib and flaky. I'm not used to having a specialty shop be so flaky when it comes to delivery times.

With regard to the claim of VRT using used parts or charging members on their credit card accounts without permission . . . that I do not know of. I asked and checked out my brother's G and from what I can tell, all the parts are genuine and she runs good. And we always payed Michael via check.

Some mechanics can be really flaky. I've known a few. And some can be glib, but these other allegations are very very serious and I hope Michael comes on board to defend himself. For now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with regard to this matter.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Anyone have cliff notes of whats going on? I lost track after page 8
nothing has changed.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by istan
nothing has changed.

yeah

he jsut missed a lot of fun reading lol
Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by istan
nothing has changed.
Actually, besides Navy STILL sticking up for VRT, more people have come out with their negative feedback about VRT, further burying them.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ true. Nothing has changed in the other direction yet.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Actually, besides Navy STILL sticking up for VRT, more people have come out with their negative feedback about VRT, further burying them.

true... a few new stories from old customers as well

but overall the same problems
Old 06-28-2007, 09:38 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had no idea what's been happening during the past 200 posts, but I'm pretty certain Navy has written enough for a small novel.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:38 AM
THE ROADSTER

Originally Posted by Gammawolf
Wow, what a thread.

did you do the dyno your self or VRT ?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

waiting for Navy?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Gammawolf

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
did you do the dyno your self or VRT ?
VRT did the dyno. I'm tempted to go elsewhere to have a dyno performed and have my brother's G checked out.

Last edited by Gammawolf; 06-28-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Tubbs

wow. close to 15,000 views already. If each person who saw this, told one other person and so on and so on.... that could spell disaster!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 AM
THE ROADSTER

Originally Posted by Gammawolf
VRT did the dyno. I'm tempted to go elsewhere to have a dyno performed and have my brother's G checked out.

Relenless Sport is down there, those were VRT's old guys and they were the reason I had my car down there but unfortunaly they left.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by Tubbs
wow. close to 15,000 views already. If each person who saw this, told one other person and so on and so on.... that could spell disaster!

I emailed a link to this page to every G35 and 350Z owner in our car club that has members in SW Missouri, Northern Arkansas, NE Oklahoma, and eastern Kansas.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

abyss has the best avatar on this forum!

I'm surprised that Mr A hasn't posted yet - I was really critical of VRT a couple of years ago, and now it seems common place just when I was given them the benefit of a doubt...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:13 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Philthy
abyss has the best avatar on this forum!
3rd time thats been said in the thread alone
Old 06-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by Tubbs
How do you think gammawolf found out about this thread? I knew that his brother had spent a lot of money at VRT to get his G fully built and TT'd. And being a good friend of mine, I had to tell him. Hopefully his brother's car is 100% legit but you just can't tell with these guys.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by abyss
Slight OT question...who actually Owns VRT? In MrATurbo's profile it says he's the manager not owner.
I never saw this answered. Can da fanboyz confirm?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by vqturbotec

you know what there is another reason, i stopped being his track ***** and working on cars for free like yours remeber asshol!. i stopped putting **** on ppl's cars and replaced with oem and i was asked to do eds awd conversion but i will take no part in rigging that nice mans car together if he wants it done right then maybe but with the no talent thats there good luck

and i will put you on blast if you try selling that built motor w/ 530bb garetts that overheats oh what i just did
First off, you worked on my car for about 30 minutes for free at a track event....and I was under the impression MrA paid you for being there to work on his car.

As for the motor it has never overheated....you should stick to what you know...it runs a little hot once in a while but never overheated! You are pretty bad....You have some pent up anger and you are trying to lash out at whoever you can. I never did one thing to you and you come here and try and talk sh*t to me??? Whatever...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by doug
well seems like you had Mr. A's ***** in your hand.. and you decided how you were going to play this all out.. i just find it strange that you are really so motivated lately to let all this out.. especially since your character has been in question since the suspension thread..

now i am not on anyone's side.. just making some observation..

what i have gathered from observing.. is that You, Mr. A and NavyGolf have done countless questionable things in the past.
WTF do you know? Countless questionable things? Get a life and get off whatever you are smoking.

As for everyone else....I guess there is too much information I have put up here, but I have said it 100 times and I will say it agin, I am NOT defedning anyone! I am merely saying there cannot be just bad stories or bad experiences to justify lynching any shop.....that would include SGP, GTM, Forged.

I would be the first to admit foul play if someone showed a contract that was not fulfilled. Sorry if that is defending, I think it is merely waiting for all the pieces to be be shown. You guys cant get that through your heads and that is unfortunate!

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs