Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Very Ridiculous Techs

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
See this is where people should not talk about things they dont know about. There is nothing to benefit for me or my friend, the commission is tiny and he has a huge insurance agency....so no he really doesnt care one way or the other.
Exactly! SO STOP TALKING ABOUT THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THE COURTS, because it's obvious you don't have a f*cking clue what you are talking about!!! You have a very naive and uninformed view of the legal system. Get your head out of the TV law dramas, because it doesn't really work that way! I'm a cop who has lost count of the number of criminals I have put in jail or prison on felony charges based upon my testimony at a grand jury, where jurors with common sense issued indictments upon the defendants without hearing from the defense. The defense attorney then recommended to the defendant to take a plea deal, the defendant did so, and I never had to go to trial on the case. Oh and BTW, you can't sue someone for slander or libel unless you can prove damages to the court.

Not representing VRT, nor defending for the 100th time. Just saying there is no proof just someones word.
I do agree with you that the allegations do need to be substantiated with more than a man's word and for the record, I would still like to hear Mr. A's/VRT's official response/rebuttal to these numerous and various allegations being made against them. As an investigator by trade, I would like to see more evidence/proof/facts/witness statements presented on this thread by the ones making the allegations. However, I found you to be very hypocritical when you were asked for the same thing and even given helpful suggestions on how you could obtain records of your transaction reference the bodykit. Instead you offered **** poor excuses (I've heard better from a crack ***** caught driving a stolen vehicle with a screwdriver in the ignition) and defiantly told us that you don't need to offer the proof that you have been so adamantly demanding from the other members on this thread. C'mon!

I also think you are way too close to the situation to be impartial and for us to believe a lot of what you have said. I say this because parts from your car seem to have a way of coincidentally showing up on the cars of customers making allegations of fraud by VRT. And then vqturbotec states that he had to work on cars for free, including yours. Hmm... If this were my investigation, I would definitely want an interview with you.

Whether you want to realize and accept it or not...
1) You have been defending VRT.

2) You have been dismissive towards those making the allegations.

3) You failed to see the importance/relevance and broader implications of the staged suspension thread as a red flag indicator that there is something ethically wrong with how VRT is doing business.

4) You have failed to acknowledge the possibility that any of these allegations (the staged suspension thread, the unauthorized/uninformed credit card charges, the(your) used parts being sold as new, the restocking fee(s), etc. etc.) being made by customers and now a former employee might actually be true.

Others have called you a nut hugger. I will be more polite. From my perspective, you come across as someone with a vested business interest in the company (co-defendant?) and/or someone who is blinded by their personal friendship(s) with Mr.A and the VRT shop crew.

Seriously, I think I speak for many of the other members when I say we are tired of with you while we wait to see if anyone from VRT officially responds.

Instead, I would like to hear more people come forward with stories of their experiences with VRT (good, bad, or indifferent), hopefully including some evidence to susbtantiate any negative allegations.

Rant finished. Thank you.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-28-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

I am merely saying there cannot be just bad stories or bad experiences to justify lynching any shop.....that would include SGP, GTM, Forged.
You're missing the point. I don't give a flying **** how many success stories come out of a shop... if they're involved in dirty dealings like this they are no bueno. End of story. I don't care how good of a relationship I have with a shop. If some **** like this is going on behind people's backs, that just ruins it. There's no telling what they did behind YOUR back, regardless what you think.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
What he said (don't feel like having a huge quote)...
OWNED. What say you now, navygolf?

That was ****ing worded PERFECTLY RudeG.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...I've heard better from a crack ***** caught driving a stolen vehicle with a screwdriver in the ignition....
So what was her excuse?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
OWNED. What say you now, navygolf?

That was ****ing worded PERFECTLY RudeG.
Thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 AM
bboypuertoroc

Yes, what was her excuse?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

She didn't bother making an excuse.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Navygolf13

Exactly! SO STOP TALKING ABOUT THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THE COURTS, because it's obvious you don't have a f*cking clue what you are talking about!!! You have a very naive and uninformed view of the legal system. Get your head out of the TV law dramas, because it doesn't really work that way! I'm a cop who has lost count of the number of criminals I have put in jail or prison on felony charges based upon my testimony at a grand jury, where jurors with common sense issued indictments upon the defendants without hearing from the defense. The defense attorney then recommended to the defendant to take a plea deal, the defendant did so, and I never had to go to trial on the case. Oh and BTW, you can't sue someone for slander or libel unless you can prove damages to the court.

I hear what you are saying. Because it doesnt work that way in real life, I understand that it doesnt, it doesnt mean that it shouldnt be expected. You know what I mean? I know people get convicted who are innocent and people get set free that are guilty, dont get me wrong. I guess I just hate hearing it when people (and some here dont want to) dont listen to both sides and make up their minds first. That is my point in regards to that.

I do agree with you that the allegations do need to be substantiated with more than a man's word and for the record, I would still like to hear Mr. A's/VRT's official response/rebuttal to these numerous and various allegations being made against them. As an investigator by trade, I would like to see more evidence/proof/facts/witness statements presented on this thread by the ones making the allegations. However, I found you to be very hypocritical when you were asked for the same thing and even given helpful suggestions on how you could obtain records of your transaction reference the bodykit. Instead you offered **** poor excuses (I've heard better from a crack ***** caught driving a stolen vehicle with a screwdriver in the ignition) and defiantly told us that you don't need to offer the proof that you have been so adamantly demanding from the other members on this thread. C'mon!

I dont see this as the same things I guess. I sold some things to other members here and they were happy as evidenced by feedback. When people come back after the fact I think it is not right. Okay, I admit that the kit I purchased MAY have been a replica. I have no way of telling whether it was or wasnt. What am I supposed to prove here. Once it leaves my hands I dont have control over it anymore. I hear what you are saying about the excuses, do you want me to make something up. What I am telling you is the truth....I understand that I have asked for more than that from other people to substantiate their claims. I dont have anything else. Sorry, but I do not think someone needs to prove something wrong before it is ever proven right. Know what I mean?
I also think you are way too close to the situation to be impartial and for us to believe a lot of what you have said. I say this because parts from your car seem to have a way of coincidentally showing up on the cars of customers making allegations of fraud by VRT. And then vqturbotec states that he had to work on cars for free, including yours. Hmm... If this were my investigation, I would definitely want an interview with you.

Whether you want to realize and accept it or not...
1) You have been defending VRT.

2) You have been dismissive towards those making the allegations.

3) You failed to see the importance/relevance and broader implications of the staged suspension thread as a red flag indicator that there is something ethically wrong with how VRT is doing business.

4) You have failed to acknowledge the possibility that any of this alleged behavior (the staged suspension thread, the unauthorized/uninformed credit card charges, the(your) used parts being sold as new, the restocking fee(s), etc. etc.) made by customers and now a former employee might actually be true.

I see how what I have said could be construed as defending. But I can tell you I am not. And for the record again if someone puts up a contract saying what they paid for and what they actually got, I will call MrA myself and ask him what is up with it. I promise you that!! I have been dismissive towards those making allegtions, just trying not to jump to conclusions. Which I guess I did and have done in the past just blindly sticking by VRT. They have always treated me right so I assume they do it for everyone else. If they dont, my bad! As for the fake thread....I think it doesnt matter where the buzz starts from if the product is good and people hear about it and like it then so be it. But, I do understand where you are coming from, I just dont think it is unethical. Really no different than him making his own post about the suspension. I dont think my turbo kit was sold as new. I believe fallenromeo originally was going to buy new and then switched to a used Greddy(mine) and then backed out of the turbo purchase. Either way the kit was sold as used to the buyer in the end. And you are right, all of these claims may be true.....I have said repeatedly I DO NOT KNOW!

Others have called you a nut hugger. I will be more polite. From my perspective, you come across as someone with a vested business interest in the company (co-defendant?) and/or someone who is blinded by their personal friendship(s) with Mr.A and the VRT shop crew.

Seriously, I think I speak for many of the other members when I say we are tired of with you while we wait to see if anyone from VRT officially responds.

Instead, I would like to hear more people come forward with stories of their experiences with VRT (good, bad, or indifferent), hopefully including some evidence to susbtantiate any negative allegations.

Rant finished. Thank you.
You can call me nuthugger or co-defendant or whatever else, it doesnt change that I think claims made against someone need to be substantiated and then defended. My opinion.....and if that is defedning VRT then I guess I am, but I would do it for anyone in any situation. I said similar things in the SGP thread and I DONT EVEN LIKE THEM!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Oleg
So what was her excuse?
She was borrowing the car from a friend named Dave (but didn't know his last name) from an apartment complex a few blocks away (but she didn't know the address or even the apartment number) and was going to Circle K to get some cigarettes (no "legal" means of payment for said cigarettes in her possession). She didn't know the car was stolen and said her friend told her somebody tried to steal the car before and he didn't have the money to fix the damaged ignition yet.

Oh BTW, I got variations on the same theme at least once a week in my old squad area.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-28-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Navygolf13

Thanks.
I do appreciate the forums and well thought out posts and people who look at things from both sides, I think if it was found out that nothing was substanitated you would respect that. I again think other here would not pay attention to it. I do not want to beat a dead horse, but I think people even in this thread have not read some of the things I posted.

Someon said it was probably right because of the number of complaints....this does hold true to a certain extent, but cannot be taken at just that. There HAS to be more! IMHO!

Again thank you for your input and I respect what you have said, hopefully I have explained myself well enough for people to understand where I am coming from.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

She was borrowing the car from a friend named Dave (but didn't know his last name) from an apartment complex a few blocks away (but she didn't know the address or even the apartment number) and was going to Circle K to get some cigarettes. She didn't know the car was stolen and said her friend told her somebody tried to steal the car before and he didn't have the money to fix the damaged ignition yet.

Oh BTW, I got variations on the same theme at least once a week in my old squad area.
had no idea you were a LEO.. are you PhxBlue from maxima.org?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
fklentz

Originally Posted by Gammawolf
Wow, what a thread.

I hate my first post to be critical of VRT racing, but when I got wind of this I had to check out this thread.

As a recent client (co-client) of VRT, I must say, I too have been a witness to VRT's business practices and have not been entirely pleased. The reason I say co-client is because I have a G, and my brother has a G. He has a 2006 6mt black on black coupe. My brother travels a lot and is busy becoming a zillionaire so he asked me to do him a favor and search for a TT shop and take care of his G. No problems, I found out about VRT through 6mt.net and G35driver.

My brother wanted a G coupe capable of taking on a Z06, and that's what my brother got. His G is fast as ****! Currently dynoed at 522 rwhp with 488 ftlbs/tq. It was a complete overhaul using VRT coilovers, AP racing brakes, Eibach sway bars, JWT turbo kit, intercooler, guages, all the bells and whistles that go with a TT kit, etc etc etc etc . . .

Car currently runs great (crossing fingers, knocks on wood) but what an arduous ordeal it was to oversee this project. The engine rebuild took about 2 months! Sure an engine rebuild is going to have bugs and kinks, but we were told that the car would be done and delivered on a certain date. That was extended and then extended, and extended, and then extended again. Then when we received the G, the bugs weren't all worked out. Oil leaks and valve problems were popping up. I got mad at Michael for it took so long and we gave Mr. A the authority to break in the engine at his shop to fine tune these details. He released the G to us without the engine properly broken in. One time he rode with me and I punched it and took it to about 6000 rpms. Baaam, oil leak right there. Went right back to the shop and he fixed it and then he told me to keep the G under 5k rpms for now.

what kind of **** is that? we thought the G was ready? but we agreed and my brother and I both kept the G tame. I was the only one who pushed it that one time. still, the G had some bugs. they were eventually worked out.

I have a place in San Diego so I'm local, but if I wasn't local, I don't know how the G would of turned out.

Moreover, my brother and I were not entirely impressed with VRT's staff. They seem eager to do a job and work on cars, but they are soooooo young. I'm 31 and I felt so old around these kids. I mean, my brother paid nearly $30K for this overhaul and you'd think you would see some professionalism in his shop. That is not the case.

So the short story is: yes, my brother got his G and so far, it runs sweet as hell. The only problem is that damn CEL light comes on. Everyone who's had an FI procedure performed on their G/Z tells me that the light should not come on.

Michael can be glib and flaky. I'm not used to having a specialty shop be so flaky when it comes to delivery times.

With regard to the claim of VRT using used parts or charging members on their credit card accounts without permission . . . that I do not know of. I asked and checked out my brother's G and from what I can tell, all the parts are genuine and she runs good. And we always payed Michael via check.

Some mechanics can be really flaky. I've known a few. And some can be glib, but these other allegations are very very serious and I hope Michael comes on board to defend himself. For now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with regard to this matter.
I rode in that G, it is HOTTT..., if you're the brother are you having a silver G done for yourself?

Last edited by fklentz; 06-28-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:10 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by doug
had no idea you were a LEO
I wanted to keep it low key, but I couldn't take anymore law/court references from Navygolf13 and blew my top, LOL! I guess the cat is out of the bag now!!!

No worries guys! Seriously... I like to drive fast and want to build my G35 into a 800-1000+ whp monster someday.

And for the record guys, I still work in patrol and I still have the same ticket book since August of 2005 which still has a few tickets left in it. I keep getting notices every few months inquiring about the outstanding tickets and wanting to know if I still have them in my possession, LOL!

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-28-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by doug
.. are you PhxBlue from maxima.org?
Nope, but we have chatted. He works in another precinct. He is a member here and over on G35driver.com.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 PM
FutureTTz

RudeG FTW!!! Enough said after that post...I've just been innocently reading each and every post...I have no comments to make about VRT as I have no prior experiences with them...I will say that although the claims need to be backed up, its becoming more and more obvious that all thats being said COULD be true...With each and every customer who has had these issues its even clearer that evidence doesn't need to be shown...I only wish that everyone who has bought parts could pull them off to see whether or not they were originally used...Its ashame that many of them will never realize they didn't get what they paid for...As for Navygolf - I cant believe you put yourself in this position...You have taken on the role of being the lawyer/defendant of VRT...You may not even realize it, but you've decided to ignore any all complaints which in turn means your defending them...

Lastly, I can understand not wanting to bother checking up on the replica kit issue any more as its been over for a good amount of time...And this thread is about VRT and not about you...But you have to admit that your opinion has been put in question thanks to your accidental shady doings...So how difficult would it be to have it checked out as others have already stated? When asked where you bought the kit, you said "I THINK" xyz company...You think? Bro lets be serious...You cant remember where you bought a couple thousand dollar body kit? I remember where I bought a pack of gum when I was 11 years old and you cant remember a few thousand $$ purchase of a kit? Sounds to me like you dont want anyone contacting that vendor to find out what and if you actually purchased from them...Im not making any allegations, just letting you know what it looks like from the outside looking in...Ill now go back to just reading, unless i have the desire to add to this insane thread later down the road...

Last edited by FutureTTz; 06-28-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:14 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave.....you're waiting on NavyGolf?

Old 06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
Vq......I have dumped $31,000 at that shop and had someone else fix his f**kup(3k)..I just found out 3 days ago from a suspension shop that the coil over was a used part....WTF.....and mabey the Kenetix manifold was used also because there was no gasket when I checked...he also charged me for 4 new GTS rims & tires....all were scratched....another fix by Vevet Touch($500...awsome work btw), he promised to reimburst me, will see and I don't even know if I got sleeves, forged rods & pistons and the s2 cam........... he over charged my credit card and took him freaken 4 weeks to reimburst me...end up paying interest of about $300 to the credit card....WTF.

Gurben...thank you for your indepth analysis of the bs dyno chart by VRT.
VQ....was the coil over used ?
VQ.....was the Kenetix used ?
VQ.....did I get quality internal engine parts ?

Here is one positive thing VRT did for me.....he had my trany replaced for free by Mossy Nissan, but then cost me another $1,400 to fix the oil leak from another shop.

Navy would you be **** 2.........anyway, I got my in house lawyer looking into this mess.

Navy how can you defending this guy ? I don't want to see another victim get f*** by VRT.

Roadster...no problem

I just call out the BS like I see it.. I just felt bad for him at the end and didn't want to embarass him beyond that..

I hope you get everything straightened out with those ******.

Guys, please, next time I try to bring some reason to the BS that we see on the forums, don't let people like nuthuggers like navygolf and other *******s come between you and the truth.

These guys that are on the forums (vendors), get a lot of business here, and they MUST BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD........ ALL VENDORS.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:29 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

what i dont get is how you guys all stay civil after getting JACKED for your money.. i would of already lost my temper and went SUGE KNIGHT on that ***.. hanging over a balcony or some ****. maybe jack the vrt race car and part that ***** out.. idk. lol i applaud you guys for being so cool headed. wow
Old 06-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by paranormal
what i dont get is how you guys all stay civil after getting JACKED for your money.. i would of already lost my temper and went SUGE KNIGHT on that ***.. hanging over a balcony or some ****. maybe jack the vrt race car and part that ***** out.. idk. lol i applaud you guys for being so cool headed. wow
That doesnt make sense to me either....as for the other posts to me. I guess you are right it does come across as me defedning, but I have been saying all along, all I am looking for some proof. I also said that the more people say this then you are right chances are it is true....doesnt mean it is though. I dont think it is too much to ask people here to back up what they are claiming when they put someone on blast. Mo matter what the situation is!

Quick Reply: Very Ridiculous Techs