Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

I'm Going F/I - HKS S/T Kit :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick with the Vpro, no point of using a less adequate engine management system. Why would you want to downgrade when you are already getting a great deal on a standalone?

On a stock block I think a better ems is even more important than on a built block. If you look at all other factory turbo cars, i.e. EVOs STis, etc. Their factory EMS is far superior to that of any of the piggy backs available for the Z.

Some say the FCon VPro is overkill, I say its the least you SHOULD get. If you really want something that will do everything as a OEM turbo car go with the MoTeC

Its up to you if you want to get something that just "works" or if you want to do it the correct way.

Consistency is the key when tuning.

Good luck!

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 PM
z3gga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks George! Just spoke to Sam and he said the same thing. I'll stick with the V-pro and hope for the best thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:31 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by z3gga
Thanks Doug, that is what the Tuner said too..going to be getting 550cc injectors as well with future power in mind.
1 question- are all V-pro ecu's the same or are they vehicle specific? Ie can i buy a GTR harness and use the V-pro from my Z in the GTR with mapping ofcourse?

then get 650cc injectors ;0

if you going to go with buidl engien and more poer later on and you can pay for fcon right now..then yah...get it
Old 07-21-2007, 02:57 PM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Stick with the Vpro, no point of using a less adequate engine management system. Why would you want to downgrade when you are already getting a great deal on a standalone?

On a stock block I think a better ems is even more important than on a built block. If you look at all other factory turbo cars, i.e. EVOs STis, etc. Their factory EMS is far superior to that of any of the piggy backs available for the Z.

Some say the FCon VPro is overkill, I say its the least you SHOULD get. If you really want something that will do everything as a OEM turbo car go with the MoTeC

Its up to you if you want to get something that just "works" or if you want to do it the correct way.

Consistency is the key when tuning.

Good luck!

-George
GT Motorsports

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick with the PRO. Will the tuner be pulling the motor out to do the install and what has the tuner quoted for the install.

I hope the installer can read Japanese as there is no english instructions for the kit.

My install of the kit is here

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/258744-hks-gt3037-st-installed.html

Michael
Old 07-22-2007, 12:47 PM
z3gga

Thanks for all the help so far michael, will be in touch with you when the install takes place! The tuner can't speak japanese but has installed several APS TT kits on Z's and has worked with the F-con on other cars, i'm sure it shouldn't be too much of an issue.