Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

so how much do you have into your Turbo Setup...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 07:52 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JaX_Z
forget it man, you obviously dont get the point of this thread. Im not trying to be a dick but I just get pissed at people when all I want is a simple answer to a question and I get responses from you and other people like you who think they controll this board because you have been around for a few years here. Sorry I havent been a member for 3 or 4 years with 5,000+ post. I just would like people who have nothing to contribute to not post and bash down something that I think is a fair question to ask.
No one is trying to bash you.. we are meerly trying to inform you of forum etiquette .. or life for that matter.. there are questions you ask and questions you don't ask. No one is trying to be rude, insult you or flame you, its for your own benefit. As i said, certain questions such as asking your buddy how is wife is in bed and what she does and how she reacts isn't good idea or even asking someone how much money is in their bank account.. its just not a good idea.

You could have phrased your question differently to obtain the same information.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jax, don't take things too seriously man. when people Linger around the FI section of the forum long enough, they develope a high level of sarcasm, for some reason

I personally would recommend staying at around 400whp, cuz it's much cheaper route. You can spend about $4400 for a vortech +$1300 ecu and tune, to get you started. you can leave everything else stock, almost. with a build (from scratch), you have to budget, bare minimum of 20k, then you gotta replace everything.. clutch/flywheel, axle, upgrade rad, coolers blah blah.. endless list of crap..

Last edited by Cannysage; 07-24-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
JaX_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
No one is trying to bash you.. we are meerly trying to inform you of forum etiquette .. or life for that matter.. there are questions you ask and questions you don't ask. No one is trying to be rude, insult you or flame you, its for your own benefit. As i said, certain questions such as asking your buddy how is wife is in bed and what she does and how she reacts isn't good idea or even asking someone how much money is in their bank account.. its just not a good idea.

You could have phrased your question differently to obtain the same information.
its fine im done posting on this topic, I probably should have worded it better in the beginning. I guess some people just have different views on personal things like this. Myself, I have no problem telling someone how much I make, how much my house was or how much I spent on something... to others I guess its more personal, its all personal preference in the end. Anyways Ill just stick to reading threads to learn more.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:52 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Alberto
Some people have hookups, sponsors, etc. This is useless, different labor rates in diff parts of the country alone can make a huge difference in what people have spent on a FI set-up. With that being said, I never share info like that or ask as I think its nobody's business but your own...
+1
Old 07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Bullitproof

I just feel a question like that should be handled by shops, not by forum members on a public forum. like someone said in an earlier post, you can buy used stuff(i guess) and be perfectly happy, or you can get the turbo with no return setup, or the supercharger with no exhaust, etc..........i think a fairer question would be to list out the mods you are interested in, and what your goals are for the project. my personal car is coming out in the next week or so with twins, built motor, and the whole she-bang-bang. if you would like to PM me and i can show you the parts i chose and why, then you can do your own homework on how much it will cost you. and it's up to your installer to give you an accurate quote on labor. be advised, if they have never installed something as intricate as some of these setups, your numbers will be skewed.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by Cannysage
Jax, don't take things too seriously man. when people Linger around the FI section of the forum long enough, they develope a high level of sarcasm, for some reason

I personally would recommend staying at around 400whp, cuz it's much cheaper route. You can spend about $4400 for a vortech +$1300 ecu and tune, to get you started. you can leave everything else stock, almost. with a build (from scratch), you have to budget, bare minimum of 20k, then you gotta replace everything.. clutch/flywheel, axle, upgrade rad, coolers blah blah.. endless list of crap..

+1 There is a huge price jump from 400whp to 500whp+. For $7000 I had my APS ST all installed and running perfectly. Then now, I've put in about 15K just to buy parts... I still have to spend $3000 on parts before I start the installation...
Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 AM
delaharsha

i am cheap so i look for deals.
i have a procharger 7psi kit installed and tuned for 4200 bucks.
then i went and bought:
injectors,fuel pump,return fuel system,test pipes,utec,wide band, 9psi pulley and i got all that for 2000 grand or so. and install most of it myself.

i hope to make 400hp or somewhere close to that on a stock block.

just look for deals
Old 07-25-2007, 05:15 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

One more year and the 350z will be rice! 07 911 turbo looking really good right now.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 AM
doug

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
One more year and the 350z will be rice! 07 911 turbo looking really good right now.
i ran into a 997 Turbo last night... i made my way through traffic to catch up to him.. wanted to give him the opportunity to go.. he got in the right lane and cruised... so i kept going.. got quite a bit out.. then i see him thundering through traffic.. he gets about 3 cars behind me and pulls over in the right lane.. i just kept going my merry way.

Later on that night i was going to pick up some money from a party i threw fri night.. and i pass a group of guys with some bikes and two EVO's.. i get to a light and then i see one of the evo's coming up behind me.. then i am watching them in the mirror and they are pointing to the "twin turbo" badge... then they start driving slower and turn off and go the opposite direction

man .. its hard to catch a good run around here
Old 07-25-2007, 05:56 AM
Jason333
hi

i ran into a 997 Turbo last night... i made my way through traffic to catch up to him.. wanted to give him the opportunity to go.. he got in the right lane and cruised... so i kept going.. got quite a bit out.. then i see him thundering through traffic.. he gets about 3 cars behind me and pulls over in the right lane.. i just kept going my merry way.

Later on that night i was going to pick up some money from a party i threw fri night.. and i pass a group of guys with some bikes and two EVO's.. i get to a light and then i see one of the evo's coming up behind me.. then i am watching them in the mirror and they are pointing to the "twin turbo" badge... then they start driving slower and turn off and go the opposite direction

man .. its hard to catch a good run around here
It's the exact opposite here. If someone has a civic with a pipe, they want to race no matter what you have.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:58 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Jason333
It's the exact opposite here. If someone has a civic with a pipe, they want to race no matter what you have.
i did however get my *** whooped by a Caddy STS on Cross Island Parkway at 5 A.M. Saturday morning.. I was tired and wasn't willing to push it as fast as he was since i didn't know the road too well... but hey i lost.. thats what matters
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
I dont think it will be any more rice than the z32. I've seen a lot of nice z32's, and some really horrible ones.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:03 AM
350Z_LEE

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Sometimes the people that spend $40K as opposed to the people that spent $20K may have had to have everything redone a couple of times because they received poor work from the prevoius shop/shops that worked on the car.
+1 !
Old 07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
NOBI

so now here comes the next question. who is extremely satisfied with the work they recieved and where did they get it performed?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBI
so now here comes the next question. who is extremely satisfied with the work they recieved and where did they get it performed?
I am and Forged Performance...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
doug

I am and MRC...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
redman333

very happy, GTMotorsports.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:07 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Iam and i did the majority of the work myself.................with a wee bit of dave at functiontuned,s help.Damn greddy ic piping instructions suck!!!.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Speqz

the majority of the people who are never offended are the people who havn't spent any money on F/I or spent much... i think its in bad taste to ask someone that question

I think it is an more than fair question to get a real world cost as to how much it could cost him to see if it is something he is interested in pursuing. Sure he could go around and get quotes for prices on the built but as all of you know the road to FI is never over.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 AM
rkstrong

I was going to wait until Sam @ GTM posted the pic of my car to start posting, so every one would have something to look at...However, I gave Sam 28k and 4 month later he gave me a 500 + hp car. So I think 25k-30k seem right.

Quick Reply: so how much do you have into your Turbo Setup...