Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

so how much do you have into your Turbo Setup...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:35 PM
JaX_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so how much do you have into your Turbo Setup...

gaugeing intrest about keeping the Z and looking into a turbo. Just wanted to see the mix between people with single/twin... new/used... built/stock block... and how much money people have into their setup.

post what you have:

1.Single/Twin
2.New/Used System
3.Built Motor/Stock Block
4.Estimated HP
5.Supporting Mods Cost
6.Total Cost
Old 07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JaX_Z
gaugeing intrest about keeping the Z and looking into a turbo. Just wanted to see the mix between people with single/twin... new/used... built/stock block... and how much money people have into their setup.

post what you have:
1.Twin
2.New System
3.Built Motor
4. ****, well see what she can do
5. 60k maybe?
6. too much for me to post or think about
Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Bullitproof

Dude, that is a tacky question. different shops, different experiences, all put numbers all over the place. why would i wanna see someone pay thousands less for the same setup at the same shop? since i wont know the background on why person 'x' got the hookup, and i didnt, all a thread like this would do is **** me off. if i were you and serious about going FI and all the high costs associated with it, PM some of the various vendor-tuners on this site for quotes. IMO, of course.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Dude, that is a tacky question. different shops, different experiences, all put numbers all over the place. why would i wanna see someone pay thousands less for the same setup at the same shop? since i wont know the background on why person 'x' got the hookup, and i didnt, all a thread like this would do is **** me off. if i were you and serious about going FI and all the high costs associated with it, PM some of the various vendor-tuners on this site for quotes. IMO, of course.

i think he just wants to see how much other people are paying to see real world costs and to see if it's something he can afford to get into. Obviously everyone is going to have diff costs because of diff varibles.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 PM
JaX_Z

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
i think he just wants to see how much other people are paying to see real world costs and to see if it's something he can afford to get into. Obviously everyone is going to have diff costs because of diff varibles.
very true. I would love to pick up a turbo kit and call it a day but its not that simple... I need to factor in prices for install, gauges, exhaust, tuning, extra fuel mods and whatever else is necessary to run a safe and efficient system.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Z PHAT Z

This is what my setup cost
built long block : $10k
Greddy TT: $5500
ATS triple clucth: $2,500
APS 2.5 exhaust: $725 (used)
CJM fuel system: $999
RC 750cc : $500
Utec: $700
Gauges: $700
Tune: $600

All these parts and do not included labor yet.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guess it.. 1 million dollars!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
JaX_Z

^ all im asking for is a little input from people, if you have nothing to contribute why bother posting...

Last edited by JaX_Z; 07-23-2007 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very legitimate question...I don't get why ppl are so **** about other ppl asking questions. It's not like this is a "What's a Pop-Charger" thread or "What's the best exhaust" thread.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 PM
abyss

^ all im asking for is a little input from people, if you have nothing to contribute why bother posting...
Because that question is like asking a woman her age...you just don't do it. Asking how much someone spent on mods is tacky...
Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 PM
JaX_Z

Originally Posted by abyss
Because that question is like asking a woman her age...you just don't do it. Asking how much someone spent on mods is tacky...
why the hell is that tacky, if i had a big ol list of mods and spent a ton of my hard earned cash I would share it and show off my hard work. This thread is just to get myself a little more educated on what people put into their system and determine amongst peoples mods how much its going to cost me to build a reliable setup.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:10 AM
kevin8086

why the hell is that tacky, if i had a big ol list of mods and spent a ton of my hard earned cash I would share it and show off my hard work. This thread is just to get myself a little more educated on what people put into their system and determine amongst peoples mods how much its going to cost me to build a reliable setup.
I agree but talking to ppl with cars and mods it's hit and miss, some ppl are just **** and hate the fact i even question them on whats under the hood, and others like myslef will pop the hood in a heartbeat if someone wants to know. I really dont understand the **** ppl who want to keep everything sooooo secret like they are to cool or something, i dont know what they think
Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 AM
JaX_Z

Originally Posted by kevin8086
I agree but talking to ppl with cars and mods it's hit and miss, some ppl are just **** and hate the fact i even question them on whats under the hood, and others like myslef will pop the hood in a heartbeat if someone wants to know. I really dont understand the **** ppl who want to keep everything sooooo secret like they are to cool or something, i dont know what they think
couldnt agree more
Old 07-24-2007, 01:20 AM
punish_her

1.Greddy Twins
2.NewSystem
3.Built Motor
4. breaking in.... Goal of 600whp for High boost.
5.Depends on your term of suporting..... Lots of head work,valves, springs, stays, retainers, valve guides, Cams, light weight pullies, light weight fly wheel, Spec LV 5 clutch, Oil cooler, Mocal switch plate, boost controler, UTEC, AF guage, Fuel pressure guage, Defi Link, and missing abunch more.
6.No clue.... too scared to add. Lots of other mods to support power transfer (diff, all new adjustable suspention including A-arms, EDFC, traction/ camber bars, chassis bracing, wheels, etc.) Total I think I quit counting at 32K with the cost of engine build/install, turbo install, and shipping. But Im a bit of an oddety I think I want a total car and doing it bit by bit. I need to look at my list again .

Last edited by punish_her; 07-24-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

the majority of the people who are never offended are the people who havn't spent any money on F/I or spent much... i think its in bad taste to ask someone that question
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Bullitproof

Like i said earlier, some people will get better prices on getting the parts on their own, some people save money getting package deals from a shop, etc. the best way to get an accurate representation of what YOU will spend on this i would either PM specific members or specific tuners. i could tell you how much i paid for my APS st setup with mods or how much i paid for my upcoming built greddy tt being installed but i'm doing the motor, turbo, suspension, kit all at once so the numbers might be thousands of dollars off cuz i did everything at once. the best thing to do is to get approximate prices on the parts you need and then go to your tuner and see how many hours they will need for your install.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some people have hookups, sponsors, etc. This is useless, different labor rates in diff parts of the country alone can make a huge difference in what people have spent on a FI set-up. With that being said, I never share info like that or ask as I think its nobody's business but your own...
Old 07-24-2007, 04:32 AM
savvy

The guy is just trying to get a ballpark figure of what things should cost to get done and roughly how much money he needs to get what he wants. If every single other person is getting all their stuff done for 20k and he gets quoted 30k then he knows he is getting screwed
Old 07-24-2007, 04:40 AM
coachk
Banned

I think that the OP should just go on to one of the numerous vendor sites and start pricing things out. That sounds reasonable....
Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With NO hookup its easy to say $20-25K+ for twins, block, clutch, engine management, guages, echaust, other supporting mods, etc...

/ Thread

Quick Reply: so how much do you have into your Turbo Setup...