Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Now thats a build.. wow
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM
usingthejohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy *****. Can you please start a thread? That's one worth fapping to

Originally Posted by str8dum1
very nice. 840 on pump gas right? Still have AC and all that?

should be a nice build thread.

I assume this is the trunk

and the motor

surprised there wasnt more hype about it....
Wow.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

No hype BC CIN don't politic on here. Their more interested in building set ups that don't blow and making customers 100% happy. There business is booming without the help ofnthis forum. Props to CIN as always.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

OOO MY!!! More info on the Blue Z Por Flavor Very nice build from the looks.

Chris
Old 05-24-2011, 04:34 PM
bigcloud

Sick Z! This build should be posted immediately. That makes two boosted ls2 Z's on the site, and more swaps coming soon. Including mine! This is exciting.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Honda2Nismo

If my motor pops is getting a LS
Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
CMyTailsBlink

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you guys like the build. Bobby, and all the guys at CIN, did an absolutely amazing job. Every person that got to check out the car in person was blown away and how clean the entire build was. And yes, I still have EVERY OEM function and comfort. gauges, ac, washer fluid res, everything. Bobby is a freakin mechanical and engineering mastermind. His creativity with this built is mind boggling. I'll talk to the guys at the shop tomorrow about getting a thread started. I would make one myself, but they can write it from their build perspective. They pulled long hard hours to finish it up in time to get to ZdayZ. we still have little things to tweek and finish, but the car is insane just how it is now. More will be done, we already have some ideas.

Thanks again for you interest and support, I'm glad you like it. Big props and undescribeable thanks to CIN and all the hard work. Truly a great shop, with a business moto not found anywhere else. Absolutely top notch.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:15 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

too bad you didnt do any of the work. seems in the LS2 swap thread, they are struggling on some stuff that you have working
Old 05-28-2011, 01:48 PM
rawley_12003

well my z has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and my mechanic just called me telling my that i guess the previous owned cut some wires connecting to the oil and warning buzzer, so had to order a new wiring harness for the kit for 125 should be here by this tuesday or wednesday so my car will not be ready for another week huh taking forever. Hope i don't run into anymore problems.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 AM
GBoger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GTM Take notes! This is how you tell the world about your build... Hey check out what we ARE DONE WITH NOW
Old 06-01-2011, 08:15 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Huh?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 AM
CMyTailsBlink

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SCRD0JR1Y4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-07-2011, 05:07 AM
bigcloud

WHAT A TEASE!! lol.. J/K Sick vid man. Post up some more so we can admire this beast some more.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:15 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

that car is so fast its stupid
Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 AM
str8dum1

fast is relative.... any metrics?

why no build list, esp since its the 1st LS swap with everything retained (AFAIK)
Old 06-07-2011, 06:45 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

prob no build bc the owner wasnt there. I can prob call Bobby @ CIN but to be honest i wouldnt put up a build list. Lead to questions that would eventually turn in to childish drama. Like i said before thats why they dont get on here. What metrics are you looking for?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:09 AM
CMyTailsBlink

You are correct that Fast is a relative term for each person. i can tell you that when i first started mod'ing my car, i wanted a car that scared me. Thats why after the first time it was built and it was making 558rwhp on pump gas, 624 on race gas, i said we needed to go bigger. I'll say this, this car has eclipsed scary and is downright terrifying. It goes from very streetable to insanely fast and extremely hard acceleration, with barely any throttle. I'm not sure what metrics your looking for, but as far as Hp and tq, its 840RWHP and 900+ ft/tq at the wheels, at a low boost setting. If made that power very easily too. In one pull, the car went from 740hp to 840hp with only 2 lbs of boost, and no timing. Most cars see 20hp per lb of boost, this motor made 50 per lb! We aren't exactly sure of the actual Tq numbers because we lost the tq signal half way thru the pulls. I have not taken the car to the track yet because I am still breaking in the motor, and we are still working out little things that need to be changed or tweaked, that can only be learned from driving the car. This car is my daily driver, so that takes priority first. Everything needs to be dialed in and set up just the way we want it, and then it will go to the track for some fun.
AS far as why there is no build thread, theres a few reasons for that. One being that there is way too much drama and **** talking on here for no reason. Even after my first build made 624RWHP, on stock heads and a single turbo, people still said rear mount set up suck and they can't make power and theres all this lag, blah blah blah. People know nothing about certain things, yet talk like they are experts and just make **** up, and hate for no reason. The fact of the matter is, CIN Motorsports did a phenominal job on this build and really made a one of a kind car. The engineering alone in the turbo and intake system is mind boggling. I can't thank them enough, and i'm very happy and proud to have Bobby as a friend of mine. Together he and I came up with ideas, and his thought process and attention to detail took everything to the next level. For those who really are interested in the car and want to know all about how much work and time and effort into the car, I'll talk til i'm blue in the face, but i just dont know if I will make a full detailed thread about the build. Also, there will be some stuff the will never be revealed on the car as its a CIN Motorsports trade secret
I'm happy to see so many people like and want to know more about the car. Bobby put so many nights into that car, staying til 3 or 4 in the morning, just to get all the details right. He deserves all the credit and notoriety for building this awesome machine.

I'll post more video, and i'll give more details on the car, as I get time. I'll do my best to answer whatever questions are asked.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Originally Posted by CMyTailsBlink
You are correct that Fast is a relative term for each person. i can tell you that when i first started mod'ing my car, i wanted a car that scared me. Thats why after the first time it was built and it was making 558rwhp on pump gas, 624 on race gas, i said we needed to go bigger. I'll say this, this car has eclipsed scary and is downright terrifying. It goes from very streetable to insanely fast and extremely hard acceleration, with barely any throttle. I'm not sure what metrics your looking for, but as far as Hp and tq, its 840RWHP and 900+ ft/tq at the wheels, at a low boost setting. If made that power very easily too. In one pull, the car went from 740hp to 840hp with only 2 lbs of boost, and no timing. Most cars see 20hp per lb of boost, this motor made 50 per lb! We aren't exactly sure of the actual Tq numbers because we lost the tq signal half way thru the pulls. I have not taken the car to the track yet because I am still breaking in the motor, and we are still working out little things that need to be changed or tweaked, that can only be learned from driving the car. This car is my daily driver, so that takes priority first. Everything needs to be dialed in and set up just the way we want it, and then it will go to the track for some fun.
AS far as why there is no build thread, theres a few reasons for that. One being that there is way too much drama and **** talking on here for no reason. Even after my first build made 624RWHP, on stock heads and a single turbo, people still said rear mount set up suck and they can't make power and theres all this lag, blah blah blah. People know nothing about certain things, yet talk like they are experts and just make **** up, and hate for no reason. The fact of the matter is, CIN Motorsports did a phenominal job on this build and really made a one of a kind car. The engineering alone in the turbo and intake system is mind boggling. I can't thank them enough, and i'm very happy and proud to have Bobby as a friend of mine. Together he and I came up with ideas, and his thought process and attention to detail took everything to the next level. For those who really are interested in the car and want to know all about how much work and time and effort into the car, I'll talk til i'm blue in the face, but i just dont know if I will make a full detailed thread about the build. Also, there will be some stuff the will never be revealed on the car as its a CIN Motorsports trade secret
I'm happy to see so many people like and want to know more about the car. Bobby put so many nights into that car, staying til 3 or 4 in the morning, just to get all the details right. He deserves all the credit and notoriety for building this awesome machine.

I'll post more video, and i'll give more details on the car, as I get time. I'll do my best to answer whatever questions are asked.
i agree 100% with your post. Also of course whats in bold. Look at all the sh** talking about VTR just bc they wasnt over active on the forums and not posting build list. People just hate bc they dont have it. If i was you i wouldnt post a build either
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM
athenG

nice build.. Nice to see your car back on the road.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
str8dum1

edit- bc type to slow..

thats cool, i am genuinely interested as is every guy on the LS swap thread. the techincal aspects of setting up a car with that much HP is immense.

Obviously its a big cam on big turbos (62mm since the APS gt3582 do ~700 at 6-7psi) when looking at standard LS builds on other forums i follow.

doesnt have to be a full detailed thread either. That intake setup in the trunk is innovative for sure. water-air?

simple list of
TB size
cam
heads
turbos

would be more than enough. esp for others to reference, as 900ft-lbs is down right dangerous like you mentioned.

Last edited by str8dum1; 06-07-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread