Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:55 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question? So should one company that pieces together a kit that is said to be a reliable set up not have to stand behind the kit that they have put together because they choose to outsource manufactoring of certain parts to other manufactors? Now if this was my business, what I would do is find the fault of the failure and if it was the injectors/ECU/ect..., I as the owner of the company that sold this reliable kit, would contact the manufactor of the injectors/ECU/ect.... and get them to work with me in resolving this problem. Im not saying that I would provide a new engine, but I would try to provide a full refund of the kit sold and also money spent on trying to make a (faulty kit sold new) work. This is one reason that I got out of this business, too much passing of the buck(blame).

Last edited by CRIDDA; 09-27-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
ok well let me at least take this thread back kind of to where it was intended....

I got the sgp valve body installed which of course is awesome. I also now have test pipes AND the y-pipe. As I reported earlier the test pipes made a difference in response/spool time. The y pipe seems to have made a noticeable difference in response as well. I haven't actually tried to see at what point it spools up yet because I've been having alot of fun just driving it and enjoying it. Also I think with this kit its actually better to give an overall impression with mods like this because as Julian stated earlier the spool up times can tend to vary.

This is really a very good info. I was going to jump on Julian's generous offer but due to some personal problem that I have right now I'm probably staying with STS Even with the Customer Service complaint I really like my kit (May not be the best) but I'm happy, I'm just praying that when Chit does happen that STS will be there for me and so far I haven't had any Major Complaint so far.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 AM
DanielW
Banned

^^^Right... I feel the same way. I started to fall into the whole thing of comparing it to this kit or that kit, but the bottom line is I like my setup. It's a fun car to drive, its been reliable for almost 7k miles now. I can beat 99% of whats on the road, and I have had good communication with Rick. I can't say the same for chris. But Rick has been very helpful and has taken the time to thoroughly explain things to me that really don't have anything to do with the actual kit itself.

That being said I do hope STS will shine at this critical moment because I honestly think that with a bad reputation (whether deserving or not) on these boards its going to be hard for them to sell these kits.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 PM
DanielW
Banned

interesting note.... after the y pipe install I was only boosting to .46-.47 bar on the same ebc settings that I was previously boosting to .53 bar on. Thats about 1psi difference. Now that I've adjusted the duty cycle up on the ebc i am hitting .53 (7.5 psi) in 4th gear but now only hitting .50 or so in 3rd. Any ideas as to what may be causing any of this?
Old 09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Cube

I just filed a dispute.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
aarantes

Keep us posted cube! I am waiting on a phone call from Sharif to let me know if he has found out anything yet.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:54 PM
DanielW
Banned

Wanted to let you guys that are experiencing the pressure drop know that I was able to totally tune that out with the electronic boost controller.

Last edited by DanielW; 09-29-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:15 AM
goosegoose

Originally Posted by danielwebb
Wanted to let you guys that are experiencing the pressure drop know that I was able to totally tune that out with the electronic boost controller.
That's great news.
What did you do to eliminate it?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:19 AM
athenG

I was also thinking that the IC is good enough for below 8PSI and should be able to hold that since mine did hold a little further down the RPM when I changed the duty cycles a little. I didn't want to push it all the way but before I get the drop around 4700rpm and now I tweaked it to drop around 5200rpm.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow STS has turned into ****.. This is totally ****ed up for aarantes to go through this!! This reminds me of how Nissan just ****ed me a few weeks back on my diff they didnt install correctly which led to a 4k+ bill.. Now I have to travel 2hrs with a damn diff in my car to plead my case to the BBB..
Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Quamen

STS FTL!

Customer car should be very high ranking and obviously getting a kit with missing parts is a downer.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im guessing STS cut corners with the injectors and ****ed him in the process..
Old 09-30-2007, 10:50 AM
athenG

There is to many things going on behind the scene so let us wait what happen, Rick has involved TurboXS and the injector company to find the culprit.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:52 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Im guessing STS cut corners with the injectors and ****ed him in the process..

Do you have any idea what you are saying here
Old 09-30-2007, 12:57 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Well i havent checked this thread in quite awhile and this is a very sad way of sts in running a business.I hope this turns out better then what it appears to be esp for the blown motor.I just cant believe that they would continue to sell kits with missing and or wrong parts.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Quamen

I just cant believe that they would continue to sell kits with missing and or wrong parts.
+10000!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 PM
RBlover69

yea i wouldve expected a cheaper price then ST kits Then TT kits out there and better customer service, but i think since not many people are running them on here due to the fact of the above the attention isnt as prominant then lets say vette owners etc.others theat use them more . I dunno about the sts it seemed like a great product it had a great different approach but man...compared to whats out there man,....i dont see how it would sway a person from the greddy TTs man or a netics ST kit.

anyways good luck with the issues man, and i give major props for the people who took the plung and are rocking something unique as this on a 350z.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:55 PM
DanielW
Banned

lol @ plunge
Old 09-30-2007, 01:59 PM
DanielW
Banned

think i got an exaust leak somewhere around the test pipes today. not making full boost pressure and getting an unmuffled exhaust sound coming from somewhere near the front of the passenger door
Old 09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
aarantes

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Well i havent checked this thread in quite awhile and this is a very sad way of sts in running a business.I hope this turns out better then what it appears to be esp for the blown motor.I just cant believe that they would continue to sell kits with missing and or wrong parts.
This is just a lesson I have learned... I will have to sell the car after it is fixed so I am not in a complete financial hole. This sucks I love my car to death and would choose it over anything but now I will have to let it go because of a ****ty kit. If I have to I will take legal action not to get my money back because I know I wont but to protect everyone else.

YES this kit came incomplete and after a talk with Sharif friday he told me that STS acted like they didnt know about any of these "problems". But yet when Sharif got on phone with Julian, Julian informed him that he had told STS about all these problem and he made a list and sent it to STS. This is what pisses me off this kit is being offered for sale on there website now and it is still INCOMPLETE.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread