Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO STS Has completely failed...They used us and out customers as test mules. We made very little almost no money on doing their R&D for us. Originally They told us they were going to purchase the UTECs from us, then never purchase a single unit They had us develop their piping for them, sent us kits missing pieces, and short hoses,missing filters,missing sheilds..Ect..ECt..
IMHO the kit performs poorly after doing several independant tests, and their retail pricing is absurd.
We will no longer be selling STS products ever again..Oh, and their "DELER" margin for a $10,000 buy in was a whole 15% off retail How could we pass up the chance to make ZERO money on their products..

Anyone who has purchase and installed an STS kit from us, if you wish to upgrade we will give you the turbo kit of your choice at our COST!We will show you our invoice on it!! We will also credit you for 50% of the labor back on the new install!!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
cubu

Originally Posted by Cube
I can't really dispute since he's willing to refund minus like $1,000...
doesn't matter, call the CC company and tell them the story and that you want ALL of your money
Old 09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
symalik

Originally Posted by cubu
doesn't matter, call the CC company and tell them the story and that you want ALL of your money
yea you should be able to do that!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:13 PM
aarantes

Yeah my kit finished being installed!! and guess what the result was 0rwhp 0torque 1 or 2 manpower and a hydro locked engine!! That is right something was messed up on the kit and the injectors were spraying wide open and flooded my cylinders. No more engine im out 6k grand and guess what STS is trying to pull some ****.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports

Anyone who has purchase and installed an STS kit from us, if you wish to upgrade we will give you the turbo kit of your choice at our COST!We will show you our invoice on it!! We will also credit you for 50% of the labor back on the new install!!
Julian,
Can you PM me some details, I might take you on that offer.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:16 PM
aarantes

Oh and also the car never even made it to the dyno it was on for a whole 15 secs before it locked up...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
aarantes

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
IMHO STS Has completely failed...They used us and out customers as test mules. We made very little almost no money on doing their R&D for us. Originally They told us they were going to purchase the UTECs from us, then never purchase a single unit They had us develop their piping for them, sent us kits missing pieces, and short hoses,missing filters,missing sheilds..Ect..ECt..
IMHO the kit performs poorly after doing several independant tests, and their retail pricing is absurd.
We will no longer be selling STS products ever again..Oh, and their "DELER" margin for a $10,000 buy in was a whole 15% off retail How could we pass up the chance to make ZERO money on their products..

Funny! they sent me the same missing pieces and short hoses hmmm I think it is time to contact my lawyer because Rick basically said they are not responsible for anything.

Julian can you PM me exactly what you told STS to fix like the short hoses and missing pieces because I ordered my kit months after your installs and they still didn't fix anything.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by aarantes
Yeah my kit finished being installed!! and guess what the result was 0rwhp 0torque 1 or 2 manpower and a hydro locked engine!! That is right something was messed up on the kit and the injectors were spraying wide open and flooded my cylinders. No more engine im out 6k grand and guess what STS is trying to pull some ****.
Seriously?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM
athenG

This is really getting bad and I Email STS regarding some bad customer review that are being posted. I told them about how successful TN is and not because they are the best/most complete kit out there (subjective ) but because of their superb customer service.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
aarantes

Originally Posted by taurran
Seriously?
Yup it was the worst phone call I ever got! Sharif was like I fu*cking hate this kit nothing has gone right and took twice the time since a bunch of pieces were missing. To my suprise I come on tonight and Julian says that the same pieces were missing from his kits 2 months ago and he TOLD them about it. I think STS owns me a new motor if they were not able to fix there problems why offer it to the public? Plus if the fuel injectors that hydrolocked my engine came from STS they should be reponsible for it? I dont know if I am right in assuming all that but I think its pretty fair to say that if the car only car for 15 secs it had something to do with the kit.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:29 PM
athenG

Yup it was the worst phone call I ever got! Sharif was like I fu*cking hate this kit nothing has gone right and took twice the time since a bunch of pieces were missing. To my suprise I come on tonight and Julian says that the same pieces were missing from his kits 2 months ago and he TOLD them about it. I think STS owns me a new motor if they were not able to fix there problems why offer it to the public? Plus if the fuel injectors that hydrolocked my engine came from STS they should be reponsible for it? I dont know if I am right in assuming all that but I think its pretty fair to say that if the car only car for 15 secs it had something to do with the kit.
I feel you bro but that might be hard to prove that STS is at fault. As far as I know there are 5 currently running without a problem and one just finished his Self-Install and just hammering out some leaking problem but did get to a dyno but made low HP/TQ. STS don't make all the parts but instead buy after market parts that they put together (Utec, Tial Bov and WS, Fuel Pump..etc) and sell it as a kit that can work with their kit.

Good luck to you and hope you find a way out of this. Even with all this bad reviews coming out, I haven't had any bad dealing with STS and Rick has been very accommodating.

Last edited by athenG; 09-25-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Cube

Thanks for the support guys, I'll be calling up the credit card company tomorrow and getting back every penny.

Originally Posted by Chris Martinez
Frank,

Hey I am truly sorry that your kit is taking this long, and yes I did tell you that in 5 business days you could expect it, now that was on the notion that you were ordering the upgraded turbo, those were in stock. When you changed to the stock turbo I had know idea that they were not in stock. now STS is not the only turbo company that is affected by this housing shortage from Garrett. Ultimately I would love to see you get this kit, and I am not saying that because I will get paid from your order I will not. I am saying this because I have the kit on my car, and I have had superchargers and front mount turbochargers and they DON”T HOLD A TOURCH TO OUR KIT. I get to drive my car on a daily bases and I love it. Now I want to give everyone this same feeling that I get when get in my car and turn the key.

It is your choice to cancel your order I hope that you won’t and only because you want true performance, for 30 years turbochargers have done the same thing and that is glow red under the hood of other cars, now Rick comes along and makes the only change to a technology since it was invented. I want you to be able to enjoy this new technology as well so the choice is yours. Let me know.

Thank You

Chris Martinez

Southeastern Regional Manager

STS Turbo

801 224 3477 EXT 803
He's full of crap about the 5-day quote BEFORE the change in turbo back to the "stage 1."

I feel sorry for all of those who have the kit. I know you're all (except aarantes, I'm especially sorry for your case) probably *satisfied* or atleast not COMPLETELY regretting it, but I still feel bad when I think people get ripped off.

sub zero, this isn't a personal attack at you, but are you affiliated with STS in any way other than the beta testing? You seemed to know inside info on Chris Martinez's employment status, which happened to be completely wrong because I still have to deal with him.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:28 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm truly sorry to hear that, what are you going to do now?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
aarantes

I dont know I was gonna start saving for an new engine after the install I figured I would get atleast 5k-10k miles before it gave out since this was such a safe and "complete" kit. I am just hoping forged and STS work with me through this because as of right now I got about 1k saved up and that is it.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aarantes:

So your motor locked up while Sharif still had it?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:18 AM
goosegoose

Julian, I'll send you a PM shortly.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:06 AM
aarantes

Originally Posted by Quamen
Aarantes:

So your motor locked up while Sharif still had it?
Yup I never even saw it start up.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 AM
WASHWIZ

WOW! I'm also having some regrets in buying this kit. I installed this kit myself on my 03 G 6MT, and having a few issues.

1. I'm thinking about taking this kit off my car and doing a charge back on my CC due to false advertisement. They sent me wrong parts and I had to tell them how to install this on my car.

2. The turbo was smoking and putting down low WHP (329@9psi).

Now with all this info you guys have provided, I think I have plenty of ammo to fire at them.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:01 AM
cubu

^^ might be a little harder for you, since you actually received the kit and installed it, for most CC companies you have 90 days to file a dispute.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:04 AM
DanielW
Banned

man I hope things work out for you guys (Cube and Aarantes)

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread