Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Public Apology from MRC Motorsports.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude... you didn't apologize to me.

Hhahah jk... spread some love :grouphug:
Old 08-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Cannysage

Old 08-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tuaran and doug should open up their own private thread and hack each other apart..
Old 08-23-2007, 03:10 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Man, I'm gonna be bored now with my moderator responsibilties in the FI section. Oh well, there's always VRT.
you got to "mod" alittle before your post and i agree with you
Old 08-23-2007, 04:24 PM
dedmoonstears

another emo moment brought to us by our sponsors and my350z...so much love in this place, just hope everyones using protection.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
This has brought me to the verge of tears. By making amends you are half way through your 12 step program. You will find that there IS a life after Liquor Abuse

hahhaa, just what i was thinkin or a recent baptism, lol

i do admit, i have been temped to jump into a few of julians posts or threads to give my opinion on how he was handling it, but i think my fuse is about as short as his and it may get ugly and didn't want to be known for that.
anywho, everyone on here has there own "online personality" and it will be a sad time to see the sucker punches and jabs from julian disappear, as it was abit of entertainment, hahaa.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
helldorado

Julian, while I can appreciate the nerve and effort it took for you to write this, an apology really isn't going to quickly erase the specter of the overall lack of professionalism you've had for as long as I've been on the boards. I have no ill will towards you, but your behavior has never encouraged me to do business with you. Nor will this thread immediately change that.

Good luck going forward. I can appreciate the balance you have of personal life and running a shop. I'm sure it won't be an easy road, but its going to take a lot of work to repair your image for people who know your history. Its not what you say, but what you don't say that will help you the most. Let your customers and your work speak for themselves and they'll say more than you ever could.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
mchapman

Is this one of the AA steps to recovery?

j/k
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL Julian! My350Z won't be the same without the old you.

Anyone who really participates in this forum has had the pleasure of either reading or being the subject of your occasional poison laced pen.

In any case, its good to see the awareness and effort. It also rubs off... making all of us more aware of our own short commings. (which is a good thing)

Staying on the highroad results in good carma one way or another.

Right on Bro!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:13 AM
DanielW
Banned

speaking of which this forum should incorporate kharma points. I was a member of a certain other forum sometime ago dedicated to growing a certain beautiful flower and they had kharma points for the members it was really cool
Old 08-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by helldorado
Julian, while I can appreciate the nerve and effort it took for you to write this, an apology really isn't going to quickly erase the specter of the overall lack of professionalism you've had for as long as I've been on the boards. I have no ill will towards you, but your behavior has never encouraged me to do business with you. Nor will this thread immediately change that.

Good luck going forward. I can appreciate the balance you have of personal life and running a shop. I'm sure it won't be an easy road, but its going to take a lot of work to repair your image for people who know your history. Its not what you say, but what you don't say that will help you the most. Let your customers and your work speak for themselves and they'll say more than you ever could.
That is not my intentions with this.Im just sick of defending myself and arguing with everyone online over BS. Im 100% done, and were taking our involvement on these forums to a minimum so we can concentrate on work at our shop. These boards are only an advertising tool, not to represent our work or ethics.
I ask anyone to find one person who thinks they were legitimately treated unfairly at our facility. We practice 100% ethical sales tactics and will advise customers accordingly, even if it means loosing a sale of an item.
In fact in the past 4 years we have had 2 complaints.
1 from a guy who expected us to be opened up on Easter weekend when no one else was.
And another from a customer who purchased a used turbo kit and installed with test pipes, then complained the car smelled funny.We did everything within reason to resolve the issue, however the guy chose to bad mouth us and monkey with the car himself. Devoiding us from further involvement.

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 08-24-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 I gotta agree with this.

Julian can have a short Jersey fuse but in all the time I've been on the 350Z and G35 discussion forums I've never seen a single accusation of incompetance or bad ethics.

In fact, its only been props for good results and customer service.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Oleg

Julian, while I can appreciate the nerve and effort it took for you to write this, an apology really isn't going to quickly erase the specter of the overall lack of professionalism you've had for as long as I've been on the boards.
You should have called Michael Alvarez from VRT. Probably most polite, well spoken, professional, courteous and friendly shop owner I have ever had a pleasure of conversing with. He even started every sentence with "Oleg", b/c as we all know, that builds rapport. If that is what's most important for you in a parts buying experience, he is/was your man.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
ShAdY908

lol ... grown men arguing and apologizing on a forum wow looks like you have a lot to do
Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 AM
helldorado

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
That is not my intentions with this.Im just sick of defending myself and arguing with everyone online over BS. Im 100% done, and were taking our involvement on these forums to a minimum so we can concentrate on work at our shop. These boards are only an advertising tool, not to represent our work or ethics.
I ask anyone to find one person who thinks they were legitimately treated unfairly at our facility. We practice 100% ethical sales tactics and will advise customers accordingly, even if it means loosing a sale of an item.
In fact in the past 4 years we have had 2 complaints.
1 from a guy who expected us to be opened up on Easter weekend when no one else was.
And another from a customer who purchased a used turbo kit and installed with test pipes, then complained the car smelled funny.We did everything within reason to resolve the issue, however the guy chose to bad mouth us and monkey with the car himself. Devoiding us from further involvement.
I'm not alleging that you have ever treated a customer unfairly or poorly and the two situations you cite I would not fault you for either. I've heard many good things about the quality of work your shop does and you'll never hear me say otherwise. Its the complete 180 of personality you have had online vs how you act in person. It goes a long way towards attracting potential customers.

Bottom line. The things that you're apologizing for with other vendors and forum members, as a potential customer seeing them unfold, there's nothing there that indicates you wouldn't act the same way with me. But that's something that can change with time and I think minimizing forum activity is not a bad idea for shop owners in general. I know of other shops that operate the same way and it lets them avoid the drama and focus on what's important. Customers and the work in house.

Originally Posted by Oleg
You should have called Michael Alvarez from VRT. Probably most polite, well spoken, professional, courteous and friendly shop owner I have ever had a pleasure of conversing with. He even started every sentence with "Oleg", b/c as we all know, that builds rapport. If that is what's most important for you in a parts buying experience, he is/was your man.
Polite, maybe. But its still fairly obvious when somebody is blowing smoke up your ***, no matter how politely its done. Miguel also had a penchant for talking trash and making outrageous claims at the expense of his competitors. For the informed consumer, it was pretty easy to see past that facade.

There are plenty of shops who do good work. There are just as many that can treat you in a civil and courteous manner. What separates the good shops from the truly exceptional ones are the shops that can do a quality work, and when there is an problem, mitigate drama in a reasonable manner, even when an unhappy customer flames them, ultimately bringing the customer back around and leaving them satisfied. All without the shop losing their shirt in the ordeal or trying to level blame at the customer, manufacturer or another vendor.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by ShAdY908
lol ... grown men arguing and apologizing on a forum wow looks like you have a lot to do
Hey are you Eric from Freehold?? Or Justin that had Tims SFR kit?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I'm not alleging that you have ever treated a customer unfairly or poorly and the two situations you cite I would not fault you for either. I've heard many good things about the quality of work your shop does and you'll never hear me say otherwise. Its the complete 180 of personality you have had online vs how you act in person. It goes a long way towards attracting potential customers.
You are 100% correct.
Bottom line. The things that you're apologizing for with other vendors and forum members, as a potential customer seeing them unfold, there's nothing there that indicates you wouldn't act the same way with me. But that's something that can change with time and I think minimizing forum activity is not a bad idea for shop owners in general. I know of other shops that operate the same way and it lets them avoid the drama and focus on what's important. Customers and the work in house.

Polite, maybe. But its still fairly obvious when somebody is blowing smoke up your ***, no matter how politely its done. Miguel also had a penchant for talking trash and making outrageous claims at the expense of his competitors. For the informed consumer, it was pretty easy to see past that facade.

There are plenty of shops who do good work. There are just as many that can treat you in a civil and courteous manner. What separates the good shops from the truly exceptional ones are the shops that can do a quality work, and when there is an problem, mitigate drama in a reasonable manner, even when an unhappy customer flames them, ultimately bringing the customer back around and leaving them satisfied. All without the shop losing their shirt in the ordeal or trying to level blame at the customer, manufacturer or another vendor.
I will say this, You will be hard pressed to find one customer of ours to say I didnt give him a fair shake from day one. Or one customer to say the final bill they recieved was thousands more than the agreed upon price. Or one customer to find out they were charged for a clutch job, when in fact the work was not even done.
We run our business in a professional yet laid back mannor, and usually become friends with our clients and build long term repeat customers that are happy with their service. I may from time to time, talk to my customers in "laymens" terms and call BS on other peoples claims and or opinions, however if we are wrong, were wrong.
We have eaten more hours in labor making customers happy than I can count. And lost more money being trusting of customers and their good faith to pay us, and they never did..Sometimes I did react bitter, and step out of line.I admit, however it never once effected our customers and work. Anyone who knows me in person can vouch that I am humorous and do joke alot, with my customers and staff. After all, when this business becomes boring to me and no longer fun, then its time to pack up...
Old 08-24-2007, 10:36 AM
VRTsux0rz

Originally Posted by Oleg
Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by VRTsux0rz
And who are you?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by VRTsux0rz

lol at your nick

Quick Reply: Public Apology from MRC Motorsports.