Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

500 BHP cool running PETT shopping list: suggestions please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:54 AM
TheMinel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 500 BHP cool running PETT shopping list: suggestions please!

Hi guys,

I would like to hear suggestions of parts in order to complete a build of ~500bhp on the Power Enterprise TT kit. I will use the car for some drag racing and some track days, but nothing too hardcore and would like to retain decent driveability (ie no crazy clutches...)

I already have the kit, but want to make sure I open the engine up only once (possible issues excluded of course) and do all the labour in one go...

I already have a UTEC, just need to add a MAP sensor. Also have a TXS BOV

Can you help me completing this shopping list with suggestions, specifying what parts you would go with and why?

so here goes
-Actuator Springs for higher boost (needed?)
-MAP sensor for the UTEC
-bigger injectors (PE 540cc ones should do)
-proper fuel return system (suggestions? considering what already comes with the PE kit, like the Walbro 255)
-clutch (already have a Fidanza flywheel, clutch has to be good for ~ 500lb/ft torque but still driveable)
-stronger axles (is there nothing between the Lev 2 and the Lev 5??)
-bigger intercooler and/or aquamist (is both better or one of the 2 will do the trick in order to make the car run nice and cool at those power levels?)
-gauges to add to the Blitz boost controller which I already have, suggestions?
-different manifolds (need cast ones as I have the SS ones)
-bigger radiator/with fan upgrade (again, would be to run as cool as possible!)
-conrods! (I already have Arias forged pistons, 8.5 comp. suggestions for good rods?)
-possibly other internals, maybe valvetrain/valves/cams? are they worth it for my goal or are they overkill?
-custom true dual (would use the company that does the exhausts for TVR)
-high flow cats (are test pipes absolutely necessary?)
-oil cooler! (nearly forgot..)

missed anything?

Please let me know your suggestions, and would especially appreciate input from Gurgen and the Hardcore PE TT crowd

Tnx

Last edited by TheMinel; 09-01-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
andyisphat2004

why measure in bhp vice rwhp? is your engine built? im guessing 500bhp is about 420-450 rwhp?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Zilvia

list looks pretty good

for the conrods at 500hp eagle rods are nice.
no you dont need test pipes but they would help more for the turbo...less back pressure

most pf these parts can be found by lokking in some of the recent build threads.......
Old 09-01-2007, 02:46 PM
TheMinel

Originally Posted by andyisphat2004
why measure in bhp vice rwhp? is your engine built? im guessing 500bhp is about 420-450 rwhp?
simply because I chose to 450rwhp will do too

PS engine is not built yet, hence the shopping list
Old 09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
TheMinel

Originally Posted by Zilvia
for the conrods at 500hp eagle rods are nice.
no you dont need test pipes but they would help more for the turbo...less back pressure
tnx, guess Cosworth ones would be overkill?
thought so on the test pipes dept, will see what numbers I get with hi-flow cats
Old 09-02-2007, 05:21 AM
CESAROTORRES

Default Pe Tt 500

Hello brother!!

I will suggest that you read the following.
https://my350z.com/forum/fi-faq-s/112693-how-to-do-twins-right-the-first-time.html

you might want to ask the best resources and pro's (PE TT) on this forum directly.

1.GurgenPB
2.eagletanggreen
3.gringott
4.Chebosto
5.priscilla ls1

Let me know if I can help with anything but, as you I am learning. The people above are brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Take care
Cesar Torres
Orlando Fl

PE TT, HKS, ARC
Old 09-02-2007, 06:53 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Hello brother maybe I can help you out. I had the PE kit and ran it very hard with over 80 1/4 passes ect.. First that kit is one bad @*** kit, you are going to love it. 500 hp on that kit is going to be nasty, with some good driving skill you will be able to get a very good jump on higher Hp cars.

Ok here we go!

-Actuator Springs for higher boost (needed?) Heck yes get the PE 11lb springs-MAP sensor for the UTEC
-bigger injectors (PE 540cc ones should do) I rollled with 550 so that should be fine-proper fuel return system (suggestions? considering what already comes with the PE kit, like the Walbro 255) get the CJM fuel return
-clutch (already have a Fidanza flywheel, clutch has to be good for ~ 500lb/ft torque but still driveable) I had the RPS 6 puck and drove it everywhere and had over 80 1/4 passes and it was still rocking!-stronger axles (is there nothing between the Lev 2 and the Lev 5??) Dont get them buy them when they break if they do.
-bigger intercooler and/or aquamist (is both better or one of the 2 will do the trick in order to make the car run nice and cool at those power levels?) Dont need them IMO-gauges to add to the Blitz boost controller which I already have, suggestions? Boost, water, oil pressue, and a wideband A/F is a must-different manifolds (need cast ones as I have the SS ones). For 500 you dont need this
-bigger radiator/with fan upgrade (again, would be to run as cool as possible!) For 500 you dont need this, but its a nice to have.-conrods! (I already have Arias forged pistons, 8.5 comp. suggestions for good rods?) eagle rods lighter, and no record of any eagle failing to date.-possibly other internals, maybe valvetrain/valves/cams? are they worth it for my goal or are they overkill? Get cams no head work dont need it for those power levels-custom true dual (would use the company that does the exhausts for TVR)
-high flow cats (are test pipes absolutely necessary?) I would highly recomend the APS 3" exhaust, with the APS 3.5 down pipes (they bolt right up to those tubos no modifications needed)-oil cooler! (nearly forgot..) Nice to have but not needed.

MOST IMPORTANT a good tune!

with this set up you should be able to get 500+ easy and possible 10's car in the 1/4.

If you call www.Forgedperformance.com they can tell you in detail what they did to my car, and they also carry all those part in stock and ship world wide. These turbos are nasty they spool sooo fast.

good Luck
Old 09-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Zilvia

i was hoping u would chime in....
Old 09-02-2007, 09:52 AM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would strongly recommend a intercooler upgrade or a W/I kit to produce over 500rwhp with this kit on a built engine, what is the climate like in your area?

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 AM
TheMinel

thanks guys for all your input!!!!

george I am in the UK, so the hot days are VERY few and far between, that's for sure! (for example this summer the temps have NEVER gone over 25C, although admittedly it's been the worst summer on record LOL )

cesaro tnx for the list of knowledgeable people, I have searched a lot on these forums, and subscribed to all the interesting PE TT threads, and yeah those names keep coming up again and again

eagle you worry me in saying the ss manifolds are ok!!! lol so you are saying those are not going to crack despite the many that cracked (gurgen etc) ?

Intercooler: again you are saying that for 500bhp the one that comes with the kit (which i hear is made by ARC) is good enough? what do you think of the 3 to 1 piping that feeds into it??
Old 09-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Zedrush

Hmm so you are going for 500bhp Val, very interesting
Old 09-04-2007, 02:59 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheMinel
thanks guys for all your input!!!!

george I am in the UK, so the hot days are VERY few and far between, that's for sure! (for example this summer the temps have NEVER gone over 25C, although admittedly it's been the worst summer on record LOL )

cesaro tnx for the list of knowledgeable people, I have searched a lot on these forums, and subscribed to all the interesting PE TT threads, and yeah those names keep coming up again and again

eagle you worry me in saying the ss manifolds are ok!!! lol so you are saying those are not going to crack despite the many that cracked (gurgen etc) ?

Intercooler: again you are saying that for 500bhp the one that comes with the kit (which i hear is made by ARC) is good enough? what do you think of the 3 to 1 piping that feeds into it??

500hp on a PE kit is insane, and I think the power is just going to be uncontrolable, and not fun. A 490hp Greddy kit is a joke in 1st and 2nd with 3rd being fun. With the PE kit its going to build power sooo much faster than the Greddy down low that just might not be any fun untill 3rd.

The SS manifold??? I missed that. I agree that you need to trade them in for the cast one's. Call PE and they should be able to trade them at no cost (granted they are still new).

Good Luck

Luie
Old 09-04-2007, 05:15 AM
TheMinel

Luie so you are saying the PE kit would be undriveable for that power? bloody hell is it SO lag free then? I got it exactly because of its characteristics but didn't think it would become undriveable!! ah well boost will have to be turned down then Mind you I'm quite light on the right foot how do they drive the PE demo car then? (bet they don't and it's just for show LOL )
Old 09-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

-Actuator Springs for higher boost (needed?)
For over 1 bar, you'd need to have the #4 springs.

-bigger injectors (PE 540cc ones should do)
JDM (or i guess UK spec) STI injectors (Pink) are top mount fuel injectors that are 550cc, basically the same as the PE injectors, for half the price.

-proper fuel return system (suggestions? considering what already comes with the PE kit, like the Walbro 255)
for your power level, not really necessary.

-clutch (already have a Fidanza flywheel, clutch has to be good for ~ 500lb/ft torque but still driveable)
for the track i'd get a good clutch. i'm very happy with the Cusco Twin plate carbon clutch. and it's holding up great. good pedal feel. I heard the GT motosports twin plate is good too.

-bigger intercooler and/or aquamist (is both better or one of the 2 will do the trick in order to make the car run nice and cool at those power levels?)
The PE intercooler is overkill out of the box. it is very efficient and will suit well over 14psi and the only thing i would change is the Ypipe collector prior to entering the intercooler where the turbo charge pipes collect.

-different manifolds (need cast ones as I have the SS ones)
CAST IS A MUST.

-bigger radiator/with fan upgrade (again, would be to run as cool as possible!)
PE radiator (same as ARC) i just installed this and it's BEAUTIFUL. runs very cool. and is dual row. fits right in and no modification to the stock fan shrouds. i run a setrab oil cooler, i suggest you do the same. also you can have your installer fabricate water lines for the IHI turbos...

-possibly other internals, maybe valvetrain/valves/cams? are they worth it for my goal or are they overkill?
for your goal, i think anything other than a good head gasket would be overkill. i.e. cams or what not. i'd suggest the HKS headgasket or the cosworth piece.

-high flow cats (are test pipes absolutely necessary?)
Go Custom. i hate the smell of test pipes. i just custom built a set of 2.75" high flow cats and they're great. (check out the intake/exhaust forum for picts)

all i can say is with my built engine and the same power goals you have, i break loose third gear on WOT and its kinda scary. hah. i just need to get used to it. but yea. its a lot of power this little kit can produce.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheMinel
Luie so you are saying the PE kit would be undriveable for that power? bloody hell is it SO lag free then? I got it exactly because of its characteristics but didn't think it would become undriveable!! ah well boost will have to be turned down then Mind you I'm quite light on the right foot how do they drive the PE demo car then? (bet they don't and it's just for show LOL )
I had a solid 400hp and the car would just break loose in 1st and 2nd, and when it was really cold, it was just crazy to drive hard.

Yes they spool up freaking fast, faster than anything I have driven.

I would recommend a tune with wastegate springs (drive around town tune)
A low boost, for street incounters, and a high boost tune for Drag days at the strip.

IMO a 500+ PE set up would be deadly on the street
Make sure you get a perfect tune!

Cheston When I get back from doing Gods work in Jan I am going to be going to visit the folks in So cal. I was wondering if we can meet up and swap cars for a few min.

Luie

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 09-04-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen

Cheston When I get back from doing Gods work in Jan I am going to be going to visit the folks in So cal. I was wondering if we can meet up and swap cars for a few min.

Luie-

more than happy to accomodate you... granted you rent a Shelby GT-H jk. yea. i'd like your opinion on how my z drives. hehe.

-Cheston
Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Chebosto
Luie-

more than happy to accomodate you... granted you rent a Shelby GT-H jk. yea. i'd like your opinion on how my z drives. hehe.

-Cheston
No I am going to trailer my Z for the 1 or 2 weeks I am there and try to meet as many forum members, and maybe do a track day if time allows, but def going to the strip to show the cali homies how Forged Performance cars run! So you;ll get to drive the 700hp FP beast.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
KempieZ

nice, a Z with a build engine in Europe. I thought I was alone
Mine is finished next week. Keep you posted But it is an aps TT setup by the way.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:01 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Good to see more folks from across the pond!
Please tell your fellow Z friends about this site.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:00 PM
baptist

Originally Posted by KempieZ
nice, a Z with a build engine in Europe. I thought I was alone
Mine is finished next week. Keep you posted But it is an aps TT setup by the way.
No, my old car was built a year ago. They are few and far between.

Quick Reply: 500 BHP cool running PETT shopping list: suggestions please!