Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The drag race the entire community has been waiting for!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:23 AM
doskiez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait for videos
Old 09-22-2007, 09:26 AM
DanielW
Banned

i can't wait for times!!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:12 AM
dutchboy

Originally Posted by Alberto
Im getting ready to post about the runs in another thread I'll start. Here is the bad news, I was kicked off after the 2nd pass I was expecting it though so no biggie...vid to come shortly
Sweet! Time for a cage?
Old 09-22-2007, 06:06 PM
VitViper

Where's the dang videos!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:27 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by VitViper
Where's the dang videos!
Mods- please dont move this I posted this here because I know many FI owners dont visit the drag forums...

Gotta start by saying THANK YOU Dave & Juan at Function Tuned for helping me with some issues/axles last minute, without them I wouldnt have been able to run my car.

For those of you that didnt follow the other thread-I went out again with my car looking to see what I could do in LOW boost. My goals are 10.9999 with FULL interior, the only 10 sec 6MT pass we have seen is Jeremy and he was 400+lbs lighter, and IIRC was running more than 13psi to run 10's. Well I didnt hit my goal, but came damn close considering the conditions...

Track prep was ok-many didnt agree, air was humid. First pass I had the same problem as in my other runs (see vid in sig) result? A weaksauce 11.8 letting out of it BAD.

Second run, launched good and knew I HAD to stay in it. My car sways to the left under WOT with slicks/radials on it, and in 3rd gear I had to let out of it to keep the car from going into the other lane, then got back on it with a slightly early shift to 4th. Result 11.1 @ 126mph My camera guy moved the camera and my GF gasped as I swerved left, I thought I was gonna hit the cone in the median damn I rode that line!

I have NO doubts I can hit 10's with this set-up in low boost, full interior, all the $hit in the back, stock battery, 1/2 tank of gas etc. Most NA Z's had trouble hitting 100mph down the 1/4 last night, the track was slow yesterday with people 2-3mph down from normal. Great to have all my Z/G friends there as wintesses to the runs and conditions/track prep. Nice seeing you again LUIE!!

I'll be going back to a faster track in cooler weather soon, and post up the results....VIDEO BELOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao10x6mht4c
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....73#post4428773
Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 PM
symalik

what about every one elses times other then Alberto's? Any one else hit a PR?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:19 PM
DR hotdog
Banned

Im getting ready to post about the runs in another thread I'll start. Here is the bad news, I was kicked off after the 2nd pass I was expecting it though so no biggie...vid to come shortly
They cant just kick you off for being GAAAAY !!!! EVEN IN mary-land !! they must have thought that turd was gonna burn....you know the sayin "go fast or go home".........GO HOME!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:55 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DR hotdog
They cant just kick you off for being GAAAAY !!!! EVEN IN mary-land !! they must have thought that turd was gonna burn....you know the sayin "go fast or go home".........GO HOME!
Am I missing something?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Am I missing something?
Thats just some a$$ clown, that signed up to flame me a couple of pages back. Do an I.P. Check.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So why didnt Philthy show up? Julian had a valid excuse, Philthy talked a good game and didnt even update his situation?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your concern Alberto... I never was signed up for this event based on two reasons, I was in Korea and my G is still at FP...

Congrats on your time BTW...
Old 09-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Thanks...I was hoping to get those axles from you for $75, you had mentioned you were coming so that was what I expected. No biggie, there is always next time...
Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Thanks...I was hoping to get those axles from you for $75, you had mentioned you were coming so that was what I expected. No biggie, there is always next time...
No doubt and I'll save the axles for you... I'll be at the track this week (Fri) but not in my G - you're welcome to come up to E-Town if you want to race my grocery getter... Last time out I managed an 11.3 & 118mph (on street tires) and that was before some additional mods which bumped up the power a bit
Old 09-24-2007, 10:12 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Philthy
Thanks for your concern Alberto... I never was signed up for this event based on two reasons, I was in Korea and my G is still at FP...

Congrats on your time BTW...

Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

No doubt and I'll save the axles for you... I'll be at the track this week (Fri) but not in my G - you're welcome to come up to E-Town if you want to race my grocery getter... Last time out I managed an 11.3 & 118mph (on street tires) and that was before some additional mods which bumped up the power a bit
UT OH..Imagine how fast it would go with Berto Driving.. I may see you Friday Phil, let me know what time your going.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:22 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn sorry i didnt get to meet you jullian and some jersey guys,but good luck with the addition to the family when it happens.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
UT OH..Imagine how fast it would go with Berto Driving.. I may see you Friday Phil, let me know what time your going.
I'm off from work on Friday, so I'll be there between 5-6pm... I'm not sure if Alberto would be faster in an AWD car, plus I like my trans in one piece thank you

I just got my two step and full throttle shifting up and running, so I'll be dialing in the rpm points...
Old 09-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I'm off from work on Friday, so I'll be there between 5-6pm... I'm not sure if Alberto would be faster in an AWD car, plus I like my trans in one piece thank you

I just got my two step and full throttle shifting up and running, so I'll be dialing in the rpm points...
Id bet without powershifting your tranny would be fine You have an STI right? Id love to hit some nasty clutch slipping launches, I hate seeing the fools "burp" out of the hole in AWD cars from releasing the clutch to fast and shocking the drivetrain.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Id bet without powershifting your tranny would be fine You have an STI right? Id love to hit some nasty clutch slipping launches, I hate seeing the fools "burp" out of the hole in AWD cars from releasing the clutch to fast and shocking the drivetrain.
Yeah, it's an STI - check out this months issue of Turbo Magazine for the complete breakdown...

A little clutch slipping is a must in this car... I have the two step set at 5200rpms now and will need to play with it at the track... I'm running the twin Exedy right now, and wish I would have went with the triple - the twin is very grabby!

The great thing about the full throttle shifting is once you get the rpm points set just right, it's just as fast as power shifting and it keeps the turbos spooled...

I'll let you drive my car if you hand over the keys to yours
Old 09-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Not a chance in hell...

Quick Reply: The drag race the entire community has been waiting for!!