Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Limits of the JWT clutch and flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy
How are aftermarket head studs/headgaskets overbuilding when the OEM parts have failed over and over again on FI motors?
Not on any of our built motors with FI

The TUNE has failed not the parts.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 10-23-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are aftermarket head studs/headgaskets overbuilding when the OEM parts have failed over and over again on FI motors?
My point is, we haven't seen any reason to re-invent the wheel on that yet and my car, as well as others, are proof that the OEM head studs and gaskets can be perfectly ok to use in high horsepower FI motors. You can choose to install the aftermarket stuff if you want, but we haven't found a need to yet.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
I understand where Philthy and others are coming from, I would probably be upset too if I spent a lot of extra money overbuilding every aspect of my car/motor with seemingly un-necessary components when others are spending less and acheiving comparable, or better results.
Upset? You're missing the point, and you have no clue where we're coming from. We've been trying to clarify and quantify your 'results' for YEARS! Maybe your next post should include a DJ chart from a source we know not to be bias, My offer to pay for your runs at GTM still stands... I'll even pay GTM to pull your valve cover and examine the studs - just not paying for your blown head gaskets

Listen, I have first hand experience with both setups - The JWT Clutch & Flywheel worked great up until 500whp! I and DOZENS of other forum members experienced the same with said product.

Stock OEM Head Studs and Gasket on 700WHP... ? I'm not calling you a liar (forum rules in effect) BUT, I haven't seen or heard of another shop or person in the WORLD that's been able to pull that off... So, what are your 'vodoo' secrets since your 'point' of this thread was to offer information to the my350z community and not shamelessly plug your NON-Sponsor booty...

Last edited by Philthy; 10-23-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Philthy
My offer to pay for your runs at GTM still stands... I'll even pay GTM to pull your valve cover and examine the studs - just not paying for your blown head gaskets
I will stand with Philthy on this one with my wallet. This would be great money saving info for the G/Z community.
I am not saying that if Scott is proven correct that I would go with OEM parts...I would still NEVER go with OEM parts for the build that I have had done. I need that buffer zone.....but it would save alot of people going FI some needed funds So I will pay half of the bill.

Sharif will confirm that I am good for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:02 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
IIQuickSilverII: Please stop posting in EVERY conflict thread, and just try to pick on people's words to induce even more conflict when nothing is about you. You don't have this part, you've never tried this part, and you have nothing to contribute to it. So stay out of this thread. And the same goes for EVERY other conflict thread. We've been watching you for a while, so consider this your first and final warning.

Everyone else, please carry on and keep in mind the rules that are being enforced.

FYI i have RPS max 6-puck and JWT flywheel.
I just saw that that he mentioned that his clutch burned at 550whp when DJ Smittys(who i also know) car puts down 550whp, tuned by Forged with the RPS setup and the clutch didn't die on the dyno.
I happen to know SinCity350z and what eh runs on his car. I do like everybody have my doubts sometimes on the numbers but i know what he has in his car, he is not going to lie about it.
I made a mistake with Philthys assumption in his post and i already said i was sorry. so...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-23-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Maybe your next post should include a DJ chart from a source we know not to be bias
Oh, so now The Dyno Shop is biased?? The Dyno Shop is a well respected "dyno only" shop and is no way bias. Speed Force Racing also uses The Dyno Shop for thier tuning, so I am sure that Turbo Tim can chime in if he wants to on that. If its not one thing its another. I for one am not going to knock myself out trying to jump through your hoops. Come down here yourself and check out our stock head studs and head gasket for yourself if you realy want to see them, or disprove the fact that they are on all our motors, INCLUDING this one.

When we have the valve covers off to put the cams in next week I can be sure to take pics for you again just like Sharif did, if you'd like. Or you can find someone else more local to come verify the stock parts that we use. Maybe MiaPlaya (Rob) or someone else who is local and impartial. Figure it out and I will work with you, but I am not going to run around and go out of my wat anymore to prove something just to have you then come up with something else to nit-pick about.
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Upset? You're missing the point, and you have no clue where we're coming from. We've been trying to clarify and quantify your 'results' for YEARS! Maybe your next post should include a DJ chart from a source we know not to be bias, My offer to pay for your runs at GTM still stands... I'll even pay GTM to pull your valve cover and examine the studs - just not paying for your blown head gaskets

Listen, I have first hand experience with both setups - The JWT Clutch & Flywheel worked great up until 500whp! I and DOZENS of other forum members experienced the same with said product.

Stock OEM Head Studs and Gasket on 700WHP... ? I'm not calling you a liar (forum rules in effect) BUT, I haven't seen or heard of another shop or person in the WORLD that's been able to pull that off... So, what are your 'vodoo' secrets since your 'point' of this thread was to offer information to the my350z community and not shamelessly plug your NON-Sponsor booty...
Man it is hard to try and write something that is not going to get me banned, so I will just say this...

Once you start showing me any credibility that makes you smarter or more experienced than the incredible team of people involved with my car, then maybe I will start taking what you say into consideration. This car wasn't built for stereo competitions, so, respectfully, I will stick to the opinions of my team.
dutchboy

My point is, we haven't seen any reason to re-invent the wheel on that yet and my car, as well as others, are proof that the OEM head studs and gaskets can be perfectly ok to use in high horsepower FI motors. You can choose to install the aftermarket stuff if you want, but we haven't found a need to yet.
Then what is the difference in RA's motors? How can they do 700+whp/20+psi on OEM studs/gaskets when others fail at moderate boost and power levels?

I'm not arguing just for the hell of it here, I would honestly like to know how every other builder here has had issues with the OEM items and you guys can run such high boost levels without failure.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
FYI i have RPS max 6-puck and JWT flywheel
I just saw that that he mentioned that his clutch burned at 550whp when DJ Smittys car puts down 550whp, tuned by Forged with the RPS setup and the clutch didn't die on the dyno.
I'm sorry. My bad on saying that you don't have the parts and that you've never tried the parts. But my comments about picking on conflicts still stands.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Then what is the difference in RA's motors? How can they do 700+whp/20+psi on OEM studs/gaskets when others fail at moderate boost and power levels?

I'm not arguing just for the hell of it here, I would honestly like to know how every other builder here has had issues with the OEM items and you guys can run such high boost levels without failure.
I am not an ASE certified master technician, an engineer, or even a college graduate, so I am just going to take a stab in the dark and say its due to the experience, education, and knowledge of the team of people that we have.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Oh, so now The Dyno Shop is biased?? The Dyno Shop is a well respected "dyno only" shop and is no way bias. Speed Force Racing also uses The Dyno Shop for thier tuning, so I am sure that Turbo Tim can chime in if he wants to on that.
Did you post a 749whp & 747wtq DJ dyno chart from The Dyno Shop and did they confirm that you were using stock gasket and studs? I may have missed that...
Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not even a college graduate
Skool is Kool Mike.
BTW, are we ever going to see and end to these damn battles? It's gotten quite boring.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Once you start showing me any credibility that makes you smarter or more experienced than the incredible team of people involved with my car, then maybe I will start taking what you say into consideration. This car wasn't built for stereo competitions, so, respectfully, I will stick to the opinions of my team.
My 'team' is no slouches either; I just don't need them to add credibility to my name... I don't understand your point about car stereos. is this supposed to be some kind of insult or bash towards me in some way...?

Point is it's a BOLD claim and pretty much a MAJOR break through for the 350Z/G community if stock head gaskets and studs could support +700whp... Again, NO ONE but VRT/RA have made this claim, so support it... RA mention 'VODOOO' engine building techniques, NOT ME!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I tell you, it has alot to do with the tune. We have a nitch and it works, lets leave it at that. The combination of Mark B's building specs, torque settings, etc., and the way we tune the cars with JWT's Clark and Jim is obviously a combination that works.

Please everybody, lets not hate on things that you can not understand yourself. That is the true meaning of ignorance. (not calling anyone that)

As much as you all get baffled because you can not figure out to make the motors last at the power levels we are at with the parts we use, I am equally baffled how people wil continue to pay for overbuilt things that they do not need. Maybe it makes them feel better
Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Nforce1

I don't understand your point about car stereos. is this supposed to be some kind of insult or bash towards me in some way...?
Wow, Way to take something and run with it...
Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Did you post a 749whp & 747wtq DJ dyno chart from The Dyno Shop and did they confirm that you were using stock gasket and studs? I may have missed that...
No, but that is a good idea. If we did just that..... in a week or so, would that shut you up and be the end of all this ???
Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Nforce1

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
No, but that is a good idea. If we did just that..... in a week or so, would that shut you up and be the end of all this ???
If I read right before, I think he even said he would pay for part of it.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

My 'team' is no slouches either; I just don't need them to add credibility to my name... I don't understand your point about car stereos. is this supposed to be some kind of insult or bash towards me in some way...?

Point is it's a BOLD claim and pretty much a MAJOR break through for the 350Z/G community if stock head gaskets and studs could support +700whp... Again, NO ONE but VRT/RA have made this claim, so support it... RA mention 'VODOOO' engine building techniques, NOT ME!
No, not a bash or insult in any way at all. I am just going off the fact that that's what you do, I have no problem with it at all. That just happens to be the only credibility towards anything car related I have heard about you and its not quite the same as building motors.

You are really running with that VOODOO thing are you lol. I just want to let you know that Scott really doesn't think that its magic voodoo that holds these motors together. He is aware that that is impossible.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

OK, we're all ignorant haters for asking questions and wanting some back up proof or at least an explanation beside, 'voodoo engine building techniques' or 'the way we tune'... ?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

EDIT: Nevermind.

Quick Reply: Limits of the JWT clutch and flywheel